Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
All of which reminds me I'd better to to Chipotle tomorrow or I'll have to go twice next week!

The salad I had last week was the best I've ever had. The steak was tender and instead of the usual roasted green peppers and onions, they had red peppers.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I went today to get my first burrito in a couple months and try out the new rewards app. I showed my phone with the QR code on it and the cashier was confused about what to do. A supervisor had to scan it but in the end I got the free chips and guac and the receipt shows my first purchase on my new rewards account ^
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I may go in for my first burrito + free guac, but I think that's it. I haven't been to Chipotle in months, and not because of the scare, just because I haven't had the occasion.

Now if In-n-Out started a rewards card, that would be something.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I wonder if I can use my Chiptopia card here?

Chipotle to open first 'Tasty Made' burger joint this fall

Talk about a company who has lost its way...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I wonder if I can use my Chiptopia card here?

Chipotle to open first 'Tasty Made' burger joint this fall

Talk about a company who has lost its way...
Not really, it is going back to the roots of it's first major investor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle_Mexican_Grill

Founded by Steve Ells in July 1993, Chipotle had 16 restaurants (all in Colorado) when McDonald's Corporation became a major investor in 1998. By the time McDonald's fully divested itself from Chipotle in 2006, the chain had grown to over 500 locations.
When I mean the roots of McDonald's, the days before Ray Kroc bought the franchising rights from the McDonald brothers in California when all they served was burgers, fries, and milkshakes using multi-mixers. Kroc was a multi-mixer salesman at the time.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I gave up after week two. As much as I like it, no way I can eat it more than once every 10 days or so. If I did, I'd be so sick of it that I wouldn't want to collect.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a chorizo burrito on Monday. Adding ground chicken to it made for a much lighter flavor--and definitely not greasy. Not bad.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
I had a chorizo burrito on Monday. Adding ground chicken to it made for a much lighter flavor--and definitely not greasy. Not bad.
Nice. I did half chorizo and half carnitas salad, pretty solid.

BOGO if you play a game https://www.alovestorygame.com/
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a chorizo burrito myself, no chicken though, and I was actually very impressed with it. I'm planning on another tonight in fact ^
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I had a chorizo burrito myself, no chicken though, and I was actually very impressed with it. I'm planning on another tonight in fact ^
I suspect that the other poster was referencing Chipotle's decision to add more ground chicken to their mixture than just going with pork alone as a common complaint with that is the grease levels. Although perhaps Chipotle is missing an opportunity to add ground chicken to their menu for those wanting that type of consistency. I know sometimes their chicken can be a bit rubbery.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:35 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I may go in for my first burrito + free guac, but I think that's it. I haven't been to Chipotle in months, and not because of the scare, just because I haven't had the occasion.

Now if In-n-Out started a rewards card, that would be something.
The awesome goodness of a Double-Double (with grilled onions) is its own reward.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Got the bogo promotion last week, It seems like the line is as long as prior the fiasco.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I/we don't go to Chipotle that often, but the half chorizo/half chicken burrito is now my go-to choice. So yummy. I suppose cutting back on red meat (since I only got steak) is always a good thing.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Malware on Chipolote's POS may have stolen your Credit Card Information

Many of Chipotle's Point-of-Sale (POS) devices had malware on them between March 24, 2017 and April 18, 2017. The malware searched for track data (which sometimes has cardholder name in addition to card number, expiration date, and internal verification code) read from the magnetic stripe of a payment card as it was being routed through the POS device.

You can read more about it here and also check to see if the Chipotle(s) you visited were affected:

Chipolte.com - Chipotle Mexican Grill Reports Findings from Investigation of Payment Card Security Incident
Old May 28, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Many of Chipotle's Point-of-Sale (POS) devices had malware on them between March 24, 2017 and April 18, 2017. The malware searched for track data (which sometimes has cardholder name in addition to card number, expiration date, and internal verification code) read from the magnetic stripe of a payment card as it was being routed through the POS device.

You can read more about it here and also check to see if the Chipotle(s) you visited were affected:

Chipolte.com - Chipotle Mexican Grill Reports Findings from Investigation of Payment Card Security Incident
The one by my house is apparently one of the ones affected. Fortunately I last visited just before the hack happened, so no issues on my end. ^

Fun fact: they came out a couple of years ago and said that they'll never adopt the chip. I wonder if that'll change now and whether that previous statement will bite them later in the inevitable lawsuit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.