Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by djk7
More direct competitors would be Moe's and Qdoba. I'm not a Moe's fan, but I do like Qdoba.
Not a Moe's fan either. Qdoba doesn't really have a presence in my area- first time I tried one was a DTW food court- but the times I've eaten at one it's been decent.

We're normally a chains backwater, (I regard a lunchtime layover in ATL as a chance to sample such exotic thing as Pinkberry yogurt) but we got our first Tijuana Flats in 2004 so it had time to establish itself in the area and Chipotle didn't make it here until 2014.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:31 am

My fav, is to make it upside down. When I ask them to do so, I get the ... are you talking about.

From the bottom to the top: Lettuce, Cheese, Light Pinto Beans, Chicken or Beef.

Really.........how difficult is that?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:34 am

Nachos! They will make it for you, you don't have to order the chips and create it yourself. The cheese will not be melted, but it's still good.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
My fav, is to make it upside down. When I ask them to do so, I get the ... are you talking about.

From the bottom to the top: Lettuce, Cheese, Light Pinto Beans, Chicken or Beef.

Really.........how difficult is that?
cause you mess up their efficient pipeline by going backwards

(same issue with asking for quesadilla - they need to get cheese at the end and go back to the heater. they might refuse to do this during peak hours)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:40 am

Burrito
Barbacoa
Cilantro lime white rice
Tomatillo salsa
Sour cream
Cheese
Guac
and sallad.

If I'm hungry maybe meat x2 fat man style. But honestly I'd rather have a burrito from the Mission district and move back to SF (if someone else paid my housing).
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
How do you Chipotle?

Bowl - Brown rice, chicken, fajita vegetables, black beans, pico, hot salsa, lettuce
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Fortunately/unfortunately, I have a great & cheap mexican restaurant 2 blocks from my house. Chipotle can't compete with it at all.
I think most of us would agree that Chipotle isn't authentic Mexican at all (and if a visiting friend says they want Mexican, I definitely don't take them there). But for a quick, decent, consistent meal on the go, Chipotle wins the fast-casual and fast-food category.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse

I started to like Chipotle more once I learned to leave off the sour cream and cheese because all they did was add calories without adding anything remotely resembling additional flavor.
My strategy as well.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Fortunately/unfortunately, I have a great & cheap mexican restaurant 2 blocks from my house. Chipotle can't compete with it at all.
I'm born and raised in Mexico City. After learning this, sometimes people ask if I like chipotle. My answer "I love it but that's nowhere close to Mexican food".
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:15 pm

My normal order is:
Burrito Bowl
Tortilla on the side
Fajita Veggies
Brown Rice
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
Carnitas
Corn Salsa plus on the side
Pico de Gallo
Hot Sauce
Sour Cream plus on the side
Cheese
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
And... there's troubled waters up ahead. Chipotle stores in OR and WA closed until further notice because of an E. Coli outbreak.

http://consumerist.com/2015/10/31/al...ium=socialflow
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Bowl: White rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, chicken, pico de gallo, hot sauce (plus on the side), cheese, chips
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:34 pm

Bowl

Brown rice
Fajita
Chicken
Medium salsa
Cheese
Lettuce

If eating at home I put plain Greek yogurt to replicate a healthy sour cream.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I started to like Chipotle more once I learned to leave off the sour cream and cheese because all they did was add calories without adding anything remotely resembling additional flavor.
Ditto as well. My usual routine:

"A bowl. For here. (pause) White, black, fajita, chicken. (pause) Pico and corn. (pause) No thanks, just a bunch of lettuce on top."

That is to say, a bowl with white rice, black beans (sometimes), fajita vegetables, and chicken. The mild salsa and the corn, and then quite a bit of lettuce on top.

Although I had to skip my usual Saturday lunch today - a little E. coli mishap, it seems... Chipotles close in Ore., Wash., after 22 sick from E. coli
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I don't. I've never been to a Chipotle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.