Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Chipotle is so-so to me, they put too much salt into their foods, so after a while of not eating it, the salt is really noticeable.

When I do go, I always skip the tortilla (way too many carbs)
so it's Bowl:
brown rice
fajita veggies
chicken/steak
tomatoes
corn
cheese
guac
lettuce

I live and work right next to a Chipotle, walk by it everyday, haven't really had the desire to go there in a long time...
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL, BA
It's been a year or so, but I also get a bowl:
regular rice (extra rice)
fajita veggies
chicken
pico
corn
mild salsa
cheese

I found that extra rice is a way to get a bit more meat. When the second person places the meat portion into the bowl, it looks way underwhelming in terms of proportion. They tend to subconsciously grab a lil' bit more meat; I like to think it's out of sympathy. I honestly just like rice.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Carnitas is back at my local Chipotle here in Durham. Though the signs they have posted on the door and at the counter say they don't meet all hormone standards.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Carnitas is back at my local Chipotle here in Durham. Though the signs they have posted on the door and at the counter say they don't meet all hormone standards.
I'm guessing they lost too many sales while trying to work out the non-hormone supply chain. I certainly stayed away for a long while.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
Originally Posted by scubadiver
I stopped eating Chipotle when they jumped on the anti-science GMO-free bandwagon. So I was spared the E.coli.
I agree. I don't know which is more irritating - the anti-science, the sanctimony, or something else, but whatever it is it leaves me with a bad taste.

I admit I'm feeling a bit of schadenfreude right now.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After painfully hearing Steve Ells on the Today Show with his "um/uh/ya knows", he needs to fire his communications staff for the very poor preparation in trying to discuss his company's problems.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Chipotle to close all restauarants on February 8 (temporarily)

Every Chipotle restaurant will close for several hours on February 8 so that the company can hold an unprecedented all-hands meeting to discuss issues related to the chain's food safety crisis. Multiple outbreaks of food contamination of varying levels of severity have pummeled the chain in recent months.

Sales have been plummeting as the chain, which used to market itself to health-conscious consumers with bogus arguments about the virtues of avoiding GMO foods, is learning that local and organic produce is actually harder to manage safely than conventional food.

A recent Bloomberg cover story makes clear that to an extent, Chipotle has been a victim of its own success. The chain has been wildly popular for years, and has been opening stores — and hiring staff — at a rapid pace. This large-scale hiring combined with an obsessive focus on serving customers at a more rapid clip seems to have made it challenging to maintain best practices on a staffing level. At the same time, relentless expansion of the Chipotle supply chain has made it harder and harder to track the sources of contamination.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
"Several hours"? Yikes. That seems a little tone deaf. I was hoping for a better response than that.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chipotle should serve as a cautionary tale to the "all-natural" crowd.

I wonder whether their management will own up to the fact that their purchasing policy likely has a lot to do with their bacteria problems.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by MaxBuck

I wonder whether their management will own up to the fact that their purchasing policy likely has a lot to do with their bacteria problems.
Excellent point. Going organic may be good on a micro level, but I think it's really hard to do at a macro or institutional level.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:20 pm

They need to do something drastic ,

Ghostbuster style , close all of them for 24 hours , clean everything with clean room white suit crew from a company that cleans hospitals ,
then 12 hours of fumigation,

throw ALL food away , put in ultrasonic cleaners to clean plates , knives forks spoons etc, on and on.....

then the top Execs will only eat at Chipote for 1 month ,

OK....its never going to happen , but since they have no idea where the problem lies they need to start at Square 1
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
I had my first Chipotle experience recently in DC. Wasn't that hopeful after a certain South Park episode featured it but was pleasantly surprised, very fresh and enjoyable.

There's one in London now and well, I'm sure you can guess, the same meal was about 1/4 the size of the one I got in the US
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by yokozuma
There's one in London now and well, I'm sure you can guess, the same meal was about 1/4 the size of the one I got in the US
Baker Street? I've been by there about a million times while hungry, but just can't bring myself to go in.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MaxBuck

Honestly I'll take my chances with a little bacteria any day over the chemicals, additives, growth hormones, preservatives, flavor enhancers, antibiotics, and other things that litter mass-produced foods.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Baker Street? I've been by there about a million times while hungry, but just can't bring myself to go in.
There's more than one, I passed one in Covent Garden recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.