Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I used a cc at one of the restaurants during the time in question. Thankfully, no unauthorized charges, at least not yet. I'm pretty vigilant generally, but I wonder if anyone knows how long it would take before the thieves would do their dirty work.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I used a cc at one of the restaurants during the time in question. Thankfully, no unauthorized charges, at least not yet.
Same here. Crossing my fingers.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by gonebabygone
Crossing my fingers.
Other restaurant chains have been hit with the malware, according to this report:
A sophisticated hacking group with suspected ties to cybercrime gangs operating in Eastern Europe is now actively targeting and breaching prominent brand-name restaurants in the U.S.

A recently disclosed data breach suffered by the Chipotle chain was carried out by hackers linked to a group known as FIN7 or Carbanak Group, CyberScoop has learned. In addition to Chipotle, the hackers appears to be targeting national restaurant franchises Baja Fresh and Ruby Tuesday, according to malware samples and other evidence CyberScoop obtained.

More than 20 U.S.-based hospitality companies — the sector that includes hotels and restaurants — have been successfully hacked by FIN7 since the summer of 2016, two cybersecurity researchers told CyberScoop on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely regarding ongoing investigations.
Link to full article: Cyberscoop - This elite cybercrime group is wreaking havoc on the U.S. restaurant industry (May 3, 2017)
Old May 29, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting. My debit card was compromised last week. Which was odd because when I called in and was dealing with it I asked last time it was swiped and/or used. Over 2 years ago...

So not sure what exactly happened. Not used at Chipotle though
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Another food poisoning outbreak, another BOGO coupon!

http://www.savorwavs.com
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
It's an outbreak? One store?

Nice to get a coupon though.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry. It was more tongue-in-cheek -- and certainly bad timing.

Also did it on my kids' phones, so now we have two family dinners for the price of one.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Offer requires you give your mobile number to Chipotle.

It's not worth it to me since I stopped patronizing my local Chipotle after they served me cold burritos five or six times in a row (I'm a slow learner).

I was going to tell them they needed to install a microwave, but then I realized the foil wrapping would probably catch fire in it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Offer requires you give your mobile number to Chipotle.

It's not worth it to me since I stopped patronizing my local Chipotle after they served me cold burritos five or six times in a row (I'm a slow learner).

I was going to tell them they needed to install a microwave, but then I realized the foil wrapping would probably catch fire in it.
How did this happen? Or what do you think happened?

I go to Chipotle a lot. They warm the shell and then install ingredients. Only the final few items are 'cold'. How was the whole burrito cold?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
How did this happen? Or what do you think happened?

I go to Chipotle a lot. They warm the shell and then install ingredients. Only the final few items are 'cold'. How was the whole burrito cold?
If my burrito was cold a couple of times, I'd complain to the health department because it probably means the hot food isn't being kept hot enough. It's dangerous.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
If my burrito was cold a couple of times, I'd complain to the health department because it probably means the hot food isn't being kept hot enough. It's dangerous.
Yes... and if I got a completely cold burrito that was JUST made 2min ago I'd go complain instantly. Just not sure how a 'cold' burrito exist. Like the entire thing. I get guacamole on every single burrito and when you get a bite of a lot of it it's cold. The entire burrito isn't.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go to Chipotle a lot.
I'm also a long-time fan -- before they came to Atlanta, I would always stop for lunch at one right after landing in DEN!
They warm the shell and then install ingredients. Only the final few items are 'cold'. How was the whole burrito cold?
There are several ways this particular Chipotle consistently manages to serve me cold burritos. I've gotten cold food after the first person on the line put the meat, beans and rice on the shell, but then the burrito sat on the counter for several minutes before the lineworker on the the cold stuff was able to get to it. This happens when the customer in front of me starts being a topping prima donna as well as when the line worker is too busy working on a complicated online order. (Another burrito place I used to patronize would always fold the burrito closed before passing it to the second line worker. Chipotle doesn't bother to do this.)

On another visit, the burrito was completely made and wrapped, but then it took four minutes (I timed it) before the manager could be bothered to come from out back and unlock the cash register. I was starting to think I was part of a psychology experiment, how long will customers watch their burrito get cold before walking out?

Another time, the burrito making went very quickly, but it was cold when I started to eat it-- apparently the meat and beans had only been luke warm. I can't stand lines, so I only go to this particular location at off-peak times.

The particular location has really bad online reviews (Yelp, etc), so it's not just me. The positive online reviews are also telling -- they talk about how great is to be able to walk there at lunchtime, instead of having to drive.

The other Chipotle locations around Atlanta seem to be fine; it's just that the one closest to my home is awful.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just not sure how a 'cold' burrito exist. Like the entire thing.
With 2000+ locations, there are bound to be some bad ones. One of those bad locations happens to be near my home.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NBC DFW: Rodents Fall From Ceiling of Dallas Chipotle

Meanwhile at the Chipotle on North Market Street in the West End of Dallas:
Some diners at a Dallas Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant said their lunch was ruined by rodents falling from the ceiling on Tuesday.

Patrons captured cellphone video inside the Chipotle restaurant on North Market Street in the West End area, showing rodents crawling around the floor and one climbing up the wall. Customers claimed the rodents fell from the ceiling.
Link to full story and video: NBC-DFW - Rodents Fall From Ceiling of Dallas Chipotle (Published at 4:55 PM CDT on Jul 19, 2017)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:42 pm

Only some diners had their lunch ruined?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.