Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
For a burrito, it's Chipotle 10 times out of 10.
For nachos or quesadilla, it's Qdoba 10 times out of 10. (pretty much because Chipotle doesn't even offer them)
For a burrito bowl, probably a toss-up. Slight lean towards Qdoba since they offer so many more ingredients.

Chipotle offers the quesadilla in the app only.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
For a burrito, it's Chipotle 10 times out of 10.
For nachos or quesadilla, it's Qdoba 10 times out of 10. (pretty much because Chipotle doesn't even offer them)
For a burrito bowl, probably a toss-up. Slight lean towards Qdoba since they offer so many more ingredients.
Most Qdobas in my area are temporarily, if not permanently closed. Is it the same everywhere else?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Most Qdobas in my area are temporarily, if not permanently closed. Is it the same everywhere else?
Not in my area with a new location opening last year
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve been in the US staying in hotels without in-house options. I’ve had chipotle 5 times in the last 3 days.

I also appreciate the new steak.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The flavors on the new steak are good but it always seems way over cooked, like it sits there for hours waiting for people to buy it.

I’m also mad at chipotle… entrees now cost 1625 points up from 1250… fine, story of everything these days… but if you redeem a free entree reward, they apply it to the cheapest eligible item in your order. Order a $12 guajillo steak bowl by itself and you’re good to go. Order a $12 guajillo steak bowl and a $8 tofu bowl and guess which one it’ll apply to. I didn’t even notice at first because I’m usually buying for two… way to stick it to couples and families that are buying a lot from you Chipotle.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by javabytes
The flavors on the new steak are good but it always seems way over cooked, like it sits there for hours waiting for people to buy it.

I’m also mad at chipotle… entrees now cost 1625 points up from 1250… fine, story of everything these days… but if you redeem a free entree reward, they apply it to the cheapest eligible item in your order. Order a $12 guajillo steak bowl by itself and you’re good to go. Order a $12 guajillo steak bowl and a $8 tofu bowl and guess which one it’ll apply to. I didn’t even notice at first because I’m usually buying for two… way to stick it to couples and families that are buying a lot from you Chipotle.
I think that's how most rewards work. They apply it to the least expensive item. You do have the option of placing two orders.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Starbucks at least makes it easy to pick which item to apply stars to when you order in the app.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Pretty much Starbucks was the only one to credit the more expensive item (I'm sure that's going to go away in February). I had a BOGO coupon from buying a $30 Chipotle gift card, and our cheapest item was reduced to $0.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Pretty much Starbucks was the only one to credit the more expensive item (I'm sure that's going to go away in February). I had a BOGO coupon from buying a $30 Chipotle gift card, and our cheapest item was reduced to $0.
Far from it. Looking through my phone apps, Starbucks and Dunkin credit the highest eligible item, as does Wawa. Taco Bell and McDonalds are slightly different in that you get to (or really, have to) pick exactly what to want to apply the promo/free item to. But Chipotle is the only one I know that says oh, if you just buy one item you can use your reward for it, but if you’re a better customer and buy more stuff at the same time, then we’re going to cut your reward value by a third and hope you don’t notice or care. It’s a poor practice.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:46 am

But Chipotle is the only one I know that says oh, if you just buy one item you can use your reward for it, but if you’re a better customer and buy more stuff at the same time, then we’re going to cut your reward value by a third and hope you don’t notice or care. It’s a poor practice.

McAlister’s, Schlotzsky’s and Chili’s apply to the lowest priced item. Place 2 orders to maximize the value.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
There is a small QSR chain (started in Utah, but now mainly west of the Mississippi in mostly metropolitan areas) called Costa Vida that serves up pretty good burritos and such. A great alternative to Chipotle or Qdoba in my area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.