Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by tmiw
I thought about trying the queso the other day for the first time but it looked like it had been sitting out for a while so I decided against it. Sounds like I'm not missing much?
My partner said he went to Chipotle for lunch today. I asked if he had the queso. "No, it had a skin on it."
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
I thought about trying the queso the other day for the first time but it looked like it had been sitting out for a while so I decided against it. Sounds like I'm not missing much?
It's already been updated. It's better but it's not as good as other spots.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Enlighten a non-Mexican, please. Why shouldn't you put lettuce in a burrito? What technically should go into a burrito? Just meat, cheese, and refried beans?
Your choice of meat, beans, cheese, chilies, and anything else you want warm/hot (hot lettuce is not my idea of a tasty meal, so I serve it on the side as you will see many sit-down Mexican restaurants do along with salsa, guac, and sour cream). For many people rice in the burrito is acceptable, but I am not used to the double carb hit of rice + tortilla.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by silverthief2
Your choice of meat, beans, cheese, chilies, and anything else you want warm/hot (hot lettuce is not my idea of a tasty meal, so I serve it on the side as you will see many sit-down Mexican restaurants do along with salsa, guac, and sour cream). For many people rice in the burrito is acceptable, but I am not used to the double carb hit of rice + tortilla.
Of course, one could do the bowl and avoid the tortilla and the rice. I don't mind the lettuce, so I do the salad. I love that vinaigrette.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Of course, one could do the bowl and avoid the tortilla and the rice. I don't mind the lettuce, so I do the salad. I love that vinaigrette.
Correct. When I am at Chipotle/Qdoba/their near infinite carbon copies these days, I often order a bowl to use rice as the base. No real equivalent in Mexican cuisine, but damn good.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I always go with the bowl, but I do add the lettuce. It has treated me well
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So it appears their Avocado Day didn't work out as planned, which kind of sucks since we were planning on getting four on-line orders of chips and guac. Once the servers were back up, they changed the wording so that you could only add it to your entree. Not discouraged, we decided to head over to our local Chipotle so that Miss Swede could try it (with her food allergies, it's difficult to accept things made on an assembly line due to potential cross-contamination). She got a sofritas burrito with rice, black beans--she also asked for lettuce and guac taken from unopened containers. As an added bonus, the cashier said the guac was free today due to the promotion, so Mrs. Swede also got some on her burrito bowl.

Bonus #2 : no food poisoning.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:57 pm

I received the guacamole text offer 3 hours after I had lunch. The Chipotle guacamole is nothing special. My wife dislikes the place because the food lacks spiciness.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza
I received the guacamole text offer 3 hours after I had lunch. The Chipotle guacamole is nothing special. My wife dislikes the place because the food lacks spiciness.
I like their guacamole because it doesn't taste like lime, so I know it's fresh.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Chipotle is going to introduce bacon and nachos to the menu soon.

I like bacon like the next person, but it only belongs in breakfast burritos. Diced pork belly, on the other hand, I could be on board with.

I'm surprised it took this long for them to put nachos on the menu. It's such a high-margin product. I figured it would've been introduced at the same time as the queso.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot

I like bacon like the next person, but it only belongs in breakfast burritos. Diced pork belly, on the other hand, I could be on board with.

I'm surprised it took this long for them to put nachos on the menu. It's such a high-margin product. I figured it would've been introduced at the same time as the queso.
Is the new queso good? The first one sucked.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
The queso has not improved. I don't expect any improvements with a Taco Bell ex running Chipotle. A Taco Bell style late night munchies promotion for $2 tacos when purchasing a drink is being offered in my market.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I like their guacamole because it doesn't taste like lime, so I know it's fresh.
Agreed. It's not the best quac out there but it's not doused in lime to keep it 'fresh'.

Bacon - Sure. Would love to add it! It's great all the time!

Nachos... the queso isn't great. So I am not sure exactly how it is. The newest queso is better but it's still a 4 or 5/10 if you just eat it with chips. In a burrito it's maybe a 6/10 just because an additional flavor. They really missed the mark. Should just buy queso from Moe's.

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
Mediocre.

Originally Posted by TGarza
The queso has not improved. I don't expect any improvements with a Taco Bell ex running Chipotle. A Taco Bell style late night munchies promotion for $2 tacos when purchasing a drink is being offered in my market.
It's better IMO. Not a huge improvement. How late is this location staying open? Is 2 dollar tacos with a drink a bad thing?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Bacon, queso... it’s all noise. The real problem is the vegetables have no flavor and the meat (especially the steak) is always considerably overcooked and dried out ever since they started using central kitchens.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by javabytes
Bacon, queso... it’s all noise. The real problem is the vegetables have no flavor and the meat (especially the steak) is always considerably overcooked and dried out ever since they started using central kitchens.
Bolding mine

Where is this being used? The stores in South Florida still have the prep right behind the serving line and I have had no problem asking for the steak that was just cooked in front of me; juicy and flavorful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.