Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 2:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

i Preface
Welcome to the UK edition of the BA Lounge Database. This thread contains details of all the lounges currently available to BA passengers with the UK, and surrounding islands. Each lounge card contains basic reference information plus a background image, carefully selected to provide you with a flavour of what's in store at each location. Links to comprehensive member reviews, pictorial, and discussion threads covering individual lounges will be added in due course.

Note: The lounge information contained in the lounge cards reflects the amenities prior to the pandemic. The database will be re-built in due course but please be advised much of the offerings have now changed

Please note while best efforts are taken to keep abreast of the opening hours listed in this thread (and on the oneworld lounge site), lounge opening times are subject to routine changes. At outstations, the hours of opening at BA operated lounges are reliably adjusted to align with BA’s flight schedules.

For full information on lounge access eligibility, we have a separate thread covering that: BA lounge access guidelines. All the information you need is contained there.

Note:
  • Alaska Airlines MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members, plus one guest also have access to the BA Galleries Club lounges at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5 when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one BA operated international flight segment
  • Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge and Platinum members also have access to the BA Galleries Club lounges at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5 when travelling onwards on a through-ticket with British Airways. This means that your ticket must have an Aer Lingus and British Airways flight on the same ticket/booking

ii Index
The database is organised in alphabetical order by country, then city. Please follow the section links below:

London Heathrow
London City, London Gatwick, and London Stansted
United Kingdom (excluding London)
Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

iii Other regions
BA Lounge Database | Europe
BA Lounge Database | North America
BA Lounge Database | South America and Caribbean
BA Lounge Database | Africa
BA Lounge Database | Middle East and Caucasus
BA Lounge Database | South Asia
BA Lounge Database | Far East
BA Lounge Database | Australasia

iv Related topics
Catering options | other LHR lounges
LHR T5 Concorde Room menus
LHR T3/T5 Galleries Club lounge: Dining menu and food options

For the lounges in LGW and UK domestic lounges (ABZ, EDI, GLA, MAN, and NCL)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London): Catering arrangements

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2024 at 5:11 am
Old May 2, 2017, 2:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

London Heathrow

LHR Terminal 2

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

LHR Terminal 3 Arrivals Lounge

LHR Terminal 5 Concorde Room

LHR Terminal 5 First Class Lounges

LHR Terminal 5 Business Class Lounges

LHR Terminal 5 Arrivals Lounge

More information on the current food and beverage offering at BA's LHR lounges is available in the following threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2024 at 4:43 am Reason: Update links
Old May 2, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

London City, London Gatwick, and London Stansted

LCY London City
No lounge provision at this airport

LGW London Gatwick

For more information and to join the discussion, see London Gatwick South: First Lounge

For more information and to join the discussion, see London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

STN London Stansted

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2024 at 4:50 am Reason: Update LCY
Old May 2, 2017, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

United Kingdom (excluding London)

ABZ Aberdeen

New BA lounge opened in May 2018. For more information and to follow the discussion, see Aberdeen British Airways Lounge

BHD Belfast

Note: this lounge is permanently closed. BA passengers are now directed to the Aspire Lounge

BHX Birmingham

BRS Bristol

CBG Cambridge

EDI Edinburgh

See Genius1's excellent Pictorial Lounge Review: EDI British Airways Lounge thread for more details

GLA Glasgow

HUY Humberside
No BA lounge provision. There is a Swissport lounge for Priority Pass and paid entry.

INV Inverness

Inverness aspire lounge

MAN Manchester

See Genius1's excellent Pictorial Lounge Review: MAN British Airways Terraces Lounge thread for more information
Note: this lounge is permanently closed. BA passengers are now directed to the Escape Lounge

NCL Newcastle

Note: this lounge is permanently closed. BA passengers are now directed to the Aspire Lounge
Colawarsveteran likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2024 at 4:58 am Reason: Remove LBA
Old May 2, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

IOM Isle of Man

JER Jersey

New BA lounge at JER open
Note: this lounge was de-branded and repurposed as the Aspire Lounge

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 1, 2024 at 5:01 am
Old May 2, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

This thread has been rebooted and updated to reflect the introduction of Club Europe on UK domestic services. The lounge slides have also been modified slightly for visual clarity.

The previous thread has now been archived but it still contains plenty of reviews and photographs, which can find here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-kingdom.html
Old May 2, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
AFAIK CBG does not have any BA flights any more.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Excellent. Many thanks Prospero.
Colawarsveteran likes this.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks. Do these graphics add anything? I have seen other guides use similar but these seem particularly difficult to read due to size and colour and as they are static pictures must be a pain to edit.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by memesweeper
AFAIK CBG does not have any BA flights any more.
I think SUNAIR still operate the GOT flights three times a week branded as BA.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The LGW F lounge closes at 20:00
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Not sure if this is the right place but, in case people don't know, the ABZ lounge shuts a week tomorrow - i.e. Sat 29th July. After that date, I'm not entirely sure what the arrangements are going to be. The lovely guy in the lounge asked what card I had and when I said Gold, he told me that I would get to go to the brand new lounge - the Northern Lights Lounge. Whether there are different arrangements for Silvers, I'm not too sure.

Unfortunately all of the lovely staff in ABZ lounge are being made redundant until the new BA lounge opens next May.

Last edited by stu1985; Sep 17, 2017 at 2:37 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by stu1985
Unfortunately all of the levelly staff in ABZ lounge are being made redundant until the new BA lounge opens next May.
are they actually BA staff or would they be Swissport employees that may get moved onto something else?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by caz312
are they actually BA staff or would they be Swissport employees that may get moved onto something else?
Couldn't tell you. I'd hope it was the later.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
BHX is the Aspire Lounge for J pax. Closes at 21:00 for all pax apart from those flying BA who may stay until 22:00. Regardless of delay you will get thrown out at 10pm. A few BA Y pax who (I assume) used Priority Pass or other card, could stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.