Inverness aspire lounge

Old Nov 9, 18, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Inverness aspire lounge

Hi,

I'm flying out to cpt via lhr on BA as gold member, can I take my wife into aspire lounge if she is going out klm to ams / lhr / cpt effectively on same lhr/ cpt flight ??

​​​​​​I think you can pay at the door if not but its a question I've often wondered .

Cheers

Stuart
Old Nov 9, 18, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
INV basically adopts the standard BA terms here, with very few differences to a BA lounge. Now your post wasn't entirely clear, but as I understand it:
you = INV-LHR-CPT
spouse = INV-AMS-LHR-CPT

If so, her next flight from INV would be on KLM which means there is no access, unless she gets access as a KLM status or business class passenger. As you say, you can pay for access to Inverness separately, or do it in advance online. Weigh up the cost of that with the KLM version of POUGs, which to my mind are more readily available than the BA version. You should get the offer when KLM OLCI opens, assuming it's a straightforward INV-AMS-INV ticket. KLM's OLCI starts at 30 hours to departure. For NCL and MME to AMS the KLM POUGs cost around 70-80€ each way. The lounge also accepts Priority Pass.
Old Nov 9, 18, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The lounge also gets full to capacity very quickly. I was there a few weeks ago and they were turning away eligible BA passengers way before boarding.
Old Nov 9, 18, 3:22 pm

Not a very positive response, but I often depart Inv and should have lounge access.
Not once has there not been a sign at the door saying "at capacity". So I have never seen the inside of it.
So if you do want to get in, arrive early.

On the plus side, they have recently introduced a priority security lane (which was not there the previous time I flew from there) which greatly improved my experience.
The non-periority line was all the way back to the cafe, i.e. 2/3 the length of the terminal.

Good luck!
Old Nov 9, 18, 9:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The lounge there is probably the cutest lounge I have ever been in
Sealink likes this.
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
It's great little place which manages to replicate a lot of the Aspire offering but with great views!

Last time I was there it was extremely busy with Priority Pass members being turned away.
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold-CCR, BA Gold Lifetime, AA EXP-2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Packed on my visit. People sitting on floor.
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
It really is a cute little lounge if you arrive early enough to get a seat - when it gets busy though I was literally climbing over people to get to the drinks fridge and it can get a little uncomfortable. Lovely welcoming lounge team though. Anything beats the chaotic INV gate area - boarding is a major stress - normally have the BA agents barking at everyone to ‘take a seat’ when there’s not a single seat available.
Old Nov 10, 18, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Where exactly is the lounge in relation to the big airside gate area?

Me, wife, and 2 older kids will be departing INV Tue 8 Jan. Perhaps if the lounge has room we will give it a look. Wife and I both have Priority Passes.
Old Nov 10, 18, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
Where exactly is the lounge in relation to the big airside gate area?

Me, wife, and 2 older kids will be departing INV Tue 8 Jan. Perhaps if the lounge has room we will give it a look. Wife and I both have Priority Passes.
After security, it's in the back right hand corner. Nearest the windows/runway side of the building.
Old Nov 10, 18, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by FT01 View Post
After security, it's in the back right hand corner. Nearest the windows/runway side of the building.
Thanks. Hopefully late morning on a Tuesday gives me a chance.
Old Nov 11, 18, 4:32 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Having used BA, Flybe, Logan Air and most frequently Easy Jet (oh Dan Air too back in the day) I wouldn’t bother with the lounge- it’s tiny - just don’t turn up too early at the terminal- there is no need. Have to say that Easyjet boarding is done much better than BA.
Old Jul 14, 19, 4:45 pm

My SO just noticed that this lounge existed, we're going to INV in a few weeks. When I booked the tickets December 2018 I believe) it was not listed as a Priority Pass member, but clearly it has existed longer than that. Does anyone know when it joined? Also how crowded it might be around 9:30-10:30 on a Saturday morning?
Old Jul 14, 19, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
My SO just noticed that this lounge existed, we're going to INV in a few weeks. When I booked the tickets December 2018 I believe) it was not listed as a Priority Pass member, but clearly it has existed longer than that. Does anyone know when it joined? Also how crowded it might be around 9:30-10:30 on a Saturday morning?
It was listed before December 2018. I was at INV in Dec 2018 after having bought tickets April 2018. I looked up the lounge in April 2018. In the end, I never went in the lounge.
Old Jul 14, 19, 11:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
It has been PP since it opened in its current location, so over 3 years. It is small, only 36 seats, but Saturday morning is usually quiet, according to the lounge agent.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 15, 19 at 1:27 am Reason: Counted the seats

Search this Thread
Search Engine: