Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Butts
Just wanted a heads up about the ABZ Lounge .as will be visiting next week.

Is it similar in size and offerings to EDI and GLA ?

Also is it near to the smoking "pound" - talking of which is that still a £1 to get in or do you still knock the doors and someone will do an "open sesame" ?

One last query can Gold guest someone through fast track security at ABZ ?
ABZ is smaller than EDI but is beautifully designed (and has aged well), with fantastic views across the apron, runway and helicopter sheds. Food and beverage options are pretty much the same. Champagne on request.

If you happen to have a Priority Pass, the Northern Lights next door is well worth a visit, the food is very good and the drinks options decent, with views the same as the BA lounge. It’s great for such a tiny airport to have two excellent lounges.

You won’t need Fast Track at ABZ.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:10 am

Can I use both arrivals lounges at LHR?

Hi all,
will be arriving into T3 GRU-LHR in J on BA.
As it's T3, the AA lounge is available and the conditions appear to be any OW J arrival into T3.
However could I also nip over to the BA arrivals lounge at T5 for a quick look or is access limited to T5 arrivals only?
Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
Hi all,
will be arriving into T3 GRU-LHR in J on BA.
As it's T3, the AA lounge is available and the conditions appear to be any OW J arrival into T3.
However could I also nip over to the BA arrivals lounge at T5 for a quick look or is access limited to T5 arrivals only?
Thanks
You can't "nip" between T3 and T5 they are miles apart.
Will take you a good 30 mins to transfer (including all the walking in the terminal).

In my experience both lounges check to see if you have arrived at the terminal they are in.
Not really any point in trying two - they are both pretty good.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
You can't "nip" between T3 and T5 they are miles apart.
Will take you a good 30 mins to transfer (including all the walking in the terminal).

In my experience both lounges check to see if you have arrived at the terminal they are in.
Not really any point in trying two - they are both pretty good.
Happy New Year to you!!!
The AA website clearly states the AA arrivals lounge is for T3 BA arrivals only (as well as AA arrivals).
However the BA website states the BA lounge is for any BA or AA LH arrival in J and F. No mention of arriving terminal. I assume I could quote them the website to demand to be let in?
I am bloody minded like this and fancy touring both lounges.
​​​​
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: Varies
I'm not sure this is the correct thread. But I've seen on various forums that the LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge is going to be the next LHR lounge to be renovated. Does anyone have any more details? I chose the earlier of two SFO-LHR flights so I'd arrive in time to go to the Arrivals lounge, to freshen up before heading into town. This will be mid-October, so I've got plenty of time to see if I can change to the later flight, which has Club Suites. As it is, I'm on the 380 flight and I'm happy with our CW seats.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:05 am

Programs: Varies
Some observations from the LGW Club lounge today

A really excellent breakfast, kept well-stocked

Great staff, keeping it clean and tidy.

So much quieter and roomier than the LHR equivalent lounges.

​Plenty of available seats with sockets that actually WORKED!

The upstairs area is very quiet and pleasant but is several degrees warmer than the main area so not very comfortable and, other than fruit and hot drinks, has no food and drink.

I kept connecting automatically to the lounge WiFi without being prompted for a password, but it didn't work.

All in all a much nicer experience than Heathrow.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ttama
I'm not sure this is the correct thread. But I've seen on various forums that the LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge is going to be the next LHR lounge to be renovated. Does anyone have any more details?
The Arrivals lounge will be gutted and will be the first lounge globally to feature the new concept. No confirmed details on timing yet, but I seem to recall a rumour it would start next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.