Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:47 am

Is there anyone who travels through Newcastle on the 6.05am flight can clarify if the terraces lounge will be closed. This thread and the one world lounge guide states it opens at 6am which would mean it would be closed for this flight.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum StuMcGrew, and it's even better to get North Eastern flyers here, not that I am biased.

Yes the lounge will be open from just after 04:00 hrs. The early flight isn't year round but the lounge at NCL is open a couple of hours before the first flight whenever it would be.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum StuMcGrew, and it's even better to get North Eastern flyers here, not that I am biased.

Yes the lounge will be open from just after 04:00 hrs. The early flight isn't year round but the lounge at NCL is open a couple of hours before the first flight whenever it would be.
Thanks, I was slightly concerned. I normally fly mid afternoon and make a night of connecting in Heathrow so haven’t had this issue before but that’s not possible on my next trip. Looking forward to my first time in the CCR after booking a First redemption to EWR
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:53 am

Is there supposed to be BA Lounge WiFi in NCL? I couldn’t find it yesterday on my phone or iPad and I didn’t want to sign up for the free airport WiFi.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lemonpie
Is there supposed to be BA Lounge WiFi in NCL? I couldn’t find it yesterday on my phone or iPad and I didn’t want to sign up for the free airport WiFi.
I couldn't find it yesterday either, though I didn't enquire at the desk which I (and you!) should have done. It's not a problem using the airport's service, it also carries BA's IP traffic anyway, and it's better than it used to be. After sign up the cookies (if you allow them) will allow HAL style immediate access on future visits - though unfortunately not HAL or LBA speed.

Usually BA's internet works fine in NCL, but not suitable for Netflix / iPlayer.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:23 am

Thanks. It was my first time in that lounge so I wasn’t sure if they were supposed to have it. Good to know the airport WiFi is OK.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
A bit confused

I will be arriving in Terminal 5 at 8:20 am traveling in First. However my connecting flight is from Terminal 3 at 3:20 pm. Since there is a considerable time between flights would i be able to stay in Terminal 5 in the Concorde Room for a good bit of the time before transferring to Terminal 3 for my ongoing flight? Or do I have to go to Terminal 3 immediately?
Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tbrein
I will be arriving in Terminal 5 at 8:20 am traveling in First. However my connecting flight is from Terminal 3 at 3:20 pm. Since there is a considerable time between flights would i be able to stay in Terminal 5 in the Concorde Room for a good bit of the time before transferring to Terminal 3 for my ongoing flight? Or do I have to go to Terminal 3 immediately?
Thanks for your help.
You can’t go in the airside departures area in T5 without a bp for a flight departing T5. So your options when you arrive are to take the airside bus to T3 and use any of the F lounges there. Or if you can go through immigration go landside in T5 and use the BA arrivals lounge, then take the tube/HEX to T3 and go through security where you can use the T3 lounges.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Thanks for your help.
You will not be allowed airside in T5, so cannot use the CCR.

You would however, have access to any of the lounges in T3. I would commend the Cathay F lounge to you, but others are available
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I will be arriving in Terminal 5 at 8:20 am traveling in First.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Or if you can go through immigration go landside in T5 and use the BA arrivals lounge ...
In the Arrivals Lounge, as a passenger who's arrived in First you would be entitled to use the Concorde Breakfast Room, as well as all of the other facilities in the lounge. There's table service in that room, rather than having to serve yourself from the buffet, and you wouldn't be sharing a long table with others.

The HEX transfer is free; the Tube transfer is free if you have an Oyster or contactless card.

The dedicated lounge lizard would then crawl between all of the T3 lounges for a number of further meals of different kinds: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Of course, there will be others who would suggest that with 7 hours between flights, there's time to escape from the airport altogether if you wish, perhaps for a quick trip to Windsor.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Globaliser
In the Arrivals Lounge, as a passenger who's arrived in First you would be entitled to use the Concorde Breakfast Room, as well as all of the other facilities in the lounge. There's table service in that room, rather than having to serve yourself from the buffet, and you wouldn't be sharing a long table with others.

The HEX transfer is free; the Tube transfer is free if you have an Oyster or contactless card.

The dedicated lounge lizard would then crawl between all of the T3 lounges for a number of further meals of different kinds: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Of course, there will be others who would suggest that with 7 hours between flights, there's time to escape from the airport altogether if you wish, perhaps for a quick trip to Windsor.
Thanks for your help. Just don’t understand why I would not be permitted to enter T5. I know rules are rules.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Just don’t understand why I would not be permitted to enter T5.
Because you are not departing from T5, and in general the only people allowed in the airside departures stream at T5 are those who are departing from T5.

Conceptually, if you think of each terminal as a separate airport, with some ground transfer arrangements between them, you will get the picture. Fewer things go wrong if people wait for their flights in the correct terminal.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Are there any lounges available at LHR T2 for a BA Silver flying EI in Y ?? Many thnks.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Are there any lounges available at LHR T2 for a BA Silver flying EI in Y ?? Many thnks.
You can use the EI lounge.
THEOBCMAN likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
If Sapphire arriving on inbound flight at T3, and connecting flight at T5, is it possible to access T3 lounges, before getting on the bus transferring to T5, given I have a long layover?

I'm sure it's been asked before, I can't seem to find it when I want to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.