Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

A friend is at LGW at the moment and confirms Galleries Club is open.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
well I'm silver in CE heading to JER, was supposed to be tomorrow, but looks like the 15th now. Wonder what the situation will be.

EDIT

Originally Posted by paul4040

I guess that answers that!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Lots of activity in the First/Gold lounge forum.

Anyone able to get any more info for the club side?
dnw likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:49 am

Excellent news! I'm flying tomorrow. Will give an update one I'm there
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Being detail orientated, I feel compelled to advise that BA's latest lounges are no longer Galleries branded. They follow the Galleries Evolution concept, but are branded rather unimaginatively as 'British Airways Lounge'.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:48 am

Sorry to confirm, is this lounge fully open to all SCH now?

Not limited to specific flights/cabins before a wider opening at a later date?

I may be there tomorrow so confirmation would be great.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:28 am

Was your friend definitely talking about the new proper BA lounge and not the temporary yet BA-branded Speedbird lounge?

Comment from jayd in the other thread suggests the Club side of the new lounge is still closed and boarded up.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
Gc side is open,very nice. Has a mezzanine floor

all looking good.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:36 am

Indeed, very impressed! Photos to follow very shortly...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:53 am

British Airways Lounge, LGW South

A selection of photos from the new British Airways Lounge for Club/OWS passengers at LGW South.

The lounge opened today, Sunday 5 February - a day after the F lounge opened.
Attached Images      
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:15 am

British Airways Lounge, LGW South

A nice feature of the lounge is the mezzanine floor, with access either via two staircases - one spiral, one not-so-spiral. This is deserted at the moment but in my view the main floor is more appealing, as it has a more spacious and airy feel. The high ceilings are fantastic. The mezzanine may be a good retreat when the lounge is very busy, however.

There is an abundance of staff, including several 'newbies' who are being encouraged to use their initiative. I asked a very eager young guy for a glass of champagne - it took a few rounds rounds of back and forth (including him offering me a whole bottle!) before he could confirm that this available by the glass on request.

The fare is as expected in GC - breakfast is bacon rolls, egg rolls, a selection of decent pastries plus fruit salad, porridge etc. BoB-friendly Kettle Chips also continue, for now.
Attached Images      
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
Currently only certain passengers not sure what criteria is being used are being invited to the new lounges. Speed bird is still in use for some
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Looks very impressive, thanks for all the photos. Only flown once out of LGW in the last year and a half and only have one booking but now looking forward to it. May make BA competitive against Easyjet again!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They are very impressive photos you have taken there Ldnn1, thanks for putting them up here. And while accepting that an empty looking lounge certainly helps, it certainly looks like a very fine Club Lounge indeed. It looks to me that it is essentially the LHR food and drink offering, which in itself is a huge step up, in a new and impressive location. The previous breakfast options in LGW were more restrictive. I am looking forward to seeing it myself in a few hours.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:36 am

What?? No complaints about dirt, tired furniture, slop in bowls.....? It's already been at least an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.