Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
What's the offering in the lounge these days? It'll be my first time after losing Gold.

I am flying today and want to decide whether I should eat in the lounge or go to the Priority Pass restaurant instead.

Is any Champagne on offer?
The offering is the same as Galleries First currently. Self pour prosecco available otherwise champagne is available on request via a member of staff.

If you go for the Grain Store option just beware that they often don't have many of the items on the menu available.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
The offering is the same as Galleries First currently. Self pour prosecco available otherwise champagne is available on request via a member of staff.
Including the burger?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
What's the offering in the lounge these days? It'll be my first time after losing Gold.

I am flying today and want to decide whether I should eat in the lounge or go to the Priority Pass restaurant instead.

I'd go for the lounge. last time I was in there it was free-pour Champagne but that was a long while ago - I'm sure it'll be available on request though
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:02 am

Including the burger?
No, sorry, buffet is the same but GC doesn't have the menu that I'm aware of like GF does.
ringingup likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

The food options are very decent and much better compare to other lounges. You need to ask a staff member if you want champagne. They will bring it to you. Last time I asked for 2 glasses as they use the small CE glasses and they are bringing them half full… No surprises here
choosethedrew and ringingup like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Buffet wasn’t too bad. Certainly better than Edinburgh last week!

I’m two glasses of champagne in and it’s almost time for shopping.

I still miss GF though
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Sorry if it has been asked before, but does anyone know what the pastries situation is these days? Are they only on for breakfast? I remember a few years ago that croissants and pain au chocolat were available during the afternoon too. Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
First time at the GC lounge tomorrow, as a recently downgraded Gold (so well familiar with the GF LGW offering - which I appreciated). Will be there around lunch time, should I bother with eating at the lounge or better to use my 15 quid credit at the Grainstore?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Originally Posted by mzb00
First time at the GC lounge tomorrow, as a recently downgraded Gold (so well familiar with the GF LGW offering - which I appreciated). Will be there around lunch time, should I bother with eating at the lounge or better to use my 15 quid credit at the Grainstore?
went through GC a week ago during lunch. The haddock and cheese fish cakes were tasty! and plenty of salad greens.

I think you’ll be fine. Also recommend sitting upstairs/mezze area it’s mostly empty. People tend to leave it empty for some reason!
mzb00 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by mzb00
Every time I goto GS there's multiple items not available on the menu, so factor that in to your thinking.

How can they be out of pizza? Oh, because it's less than £15 no doubt.
mzb00 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:36 am

For a 6am departure are there any lounges open at LGW? What time do you get to the airport?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by APUBleed
For a 6am departure are there any lounges open at LGW? What time do you get to the airport?
Opening hours here - https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LGW

Haven't done as early as that from LGW before but think I'd probably be aiming for the region of 4:45 to 5am but suspect it's early enough in the day you could probably get away with being later too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.