Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:52 am

I don't think 10 across in Y on the 777's will be limited to LGW...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks for that and I've deleted the temporary copy. You can see there was quite some appetite to see your pics!

Praise indeed!

Just for anyone who may has hesitated about LGW in the past, I would like to highlight the fact that you can get from the railway platform to this fantastic new facility in well under 10 minutes, if hand baggage only and eligible for Fast Track (rail platform to end of security is under 7 minutes). The LGW departure gates are very close to the lounge. LGW has extremely friendly BA staff, many have worked there for years and years. Even security at LGW is several notches more friendly than LHR and extremely slick. BA at LGW has a great range of destinations, and some very low fares if you are flexible on dates. Add all that together and it is quite a game changer for BA, and I hope people have a look at what Gatwick now has to offer.

That's not to say everything is perfect (e.g. domestic arrival and domestic priority boarding, congestion on ski weekends, the rail service itself) but the move to South was the best thing that could have happened to BA.
Shame about the lack of connection from MAN CWS

Couldn't be arsed doing the trek across London from LHR
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Has anyone noticed whether there are any printers, either in the First or Club Lounge?

I'll be through tomorrow and could do with printing a couple of things off in advance of a meeting in the afternoon...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jackr27
Has anyone noticed whether there are any printers, either in the First or Club Lounge?

I'll be through tomorrow and could do with printing a couple of things off in advance of a meeting in the afternoon...
There was definitely a nice one in the club lounge; not 100% but I think there was one in first too. I did not try any so don't know the score with regards connectivity. There are currently only two desktop PC's in each lounge also.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
There was definitely a nice one in the club lounge; not 100% but I think there was one in first too. I did not try any so don't know the score with regards connectivity. There are currently only two desktop PC's in each lounge also.
Brilliant, thank you for the reply, appreciated

Will see how I get on with them tomorrow.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jackr27
Brilliant, thank you for the reply, appreciated

Will see how I get on with them tomorrow.

You're welcome and yes, please do report back with your findings
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:49 pm

The "office" looking room (see internetplumber's pics) is the room with the printer.

I forgot to add a crucial piece of info to my earlier comment: the toilets were fully open today, and no (obvious) leakage in sight
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
There's a printer / copier in First too, along the refectory wall. It looks like the same arrangement as AMS, so there are instructions on the top on how to transfer documents to it.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:34 pm

Cheers

There's a printer / copier in First too, along the refectory wall. It looks like the same arrangement as AMS, so there are instructions on the top on how to transfer documents to it.
Thanks to you all for the informative updates! To be clear is the club lounge fully open now or is it this strange hybrid part Speedbird part new lounge access (obviously I will follow CWS's route map if Speedbird is muttered!)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Crocodile2409
Thanks to you all for the informative updates! To be clear is the club lounge fully open now or is it this strange hybrid part Speedbird part new lounge access (obviously I will follow CWS's route map if Speedbird is muttered!)
The new lounge is now open, I think minus the gentlemen's toilet, and so is Speedbird at the moment. Though I can't guarantee this, (a) I suspect by the weekend the temporary lounges will have closed and (b) if you handled it politely I think you'll be allowed in anyway. But check here on Friday for the latest news.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:57 pm

The new lounge is now open, I think minus the gentlemen's toilet, and so is Speedbird at the moment. Though I can't guarantee this, (a) I suspect by the weekend the temporary lounges will have closed and (b) if you handled it politely I think you'll be allowed in anyway. But check here on Friday for the latest news.
The bathrooms were fully operational today.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:15 pm

Thank You

Thank you for the update, charm offensive should Speedbird still be operational on Sunday!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:10 am

Club lounge closed due to another flood issue.

speedbird rather busy. No porridge here either.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Louisebook
Club lounge closed due to another flood issue.

speedbird rather busy. No porridge here either.
Oh dear. I fear this uncertainty may be too much for poor Crocodile2409.

On the porridge front… I should warn that I may have erred in mentioning porridge on Sunday. On reflection what I had in mind was muesli, and being not a fan of either porridge or muesli, didn’t think much of the difference. Sincere apologies if it turns out porridge is not part of the offering.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
On the porridge front… I should warn that I may have erred in mentioning porridge on Sunday. On reflection what I had in mind was muesli, and being not a fan of either porridge or muesli, didn’t think much of the difference. Sincere apologies if it turns out porridge is not part of the offering.
Yes, porridge isn't served in Speedbird, it's not an Aspire offering. It is available in both sections of the BA Lounge.

It's certainly rather bad about the plumbing, it must be driving the staff around the bend. As it were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.