Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:15 am

Too Much

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Oh dear. I fear this uncertainty may be too much for poor Crocodile2409.

On the porridge front… I should warn that I may have erred in mentioning porridge on Sunday. On reflection what I had in mind was muesli, and being not a fan of either porridge or muesli, didn’t think much of the difference. Sincere apologies if it turns out porridge is not part of the offering.
I can't take anymore, it's all too much😂

The way it's going Speedbird is becoming more attractive by the day💕
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just came access another review of the new lounge with some alternate pics if anyone is interested.

http://www.turningleftforless.com/ba-club-new-lounge-at-gatwick-south-review/
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Why are the Gatwick wine choices so poor?
The Club lounge at T5 has some half decent Burgundy usually.....
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze
A belated thank you internetplumber ​​​​​​- I can now see the photos.
I might just try LGW instead of LHR for my AMS trip.
The lounge certainly looks nice and spacious. Hope they get the plumbing sorted, don't BA have plumbing problems at LHR from time to time too ?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
don't BA have plumbing problems at LHR from time to time too ?
Yes, every few months it seems in T5. And Cathay (delayed the lounge opening by several months). And No 1 Traveller North, though that was sorted out very quickly.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, every few months it seems in T5. And Cathay (delayed the lounge opening by several months). And No 1 Traveller North, though that was sorted out very quickly.
I hope it doesn't become a 'thing' at LGW.
I hadn't realised that was also the reason behind the delayed opening of the Cathay lounge.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Can you, CWS. Offer any insight as to why the wine offering at LGW is around the £5 a bottle price point but probably £10 at LHR....???
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Can you, CWS. Offer any insight as to why the wine offering at LGW is around the £5 a bottle price point but probably £10 at LHR....???
As a resolute teetotaller, you are truly asking the wrong person. I was under the impression that LGW is now on a "standard" offering for UK lounges, but I vaguely recall GF also get bin ends off BA's wine buyers, hence the occasional treat there. Equally, and much to the bemusement of the local BS managers, the odd unusual box of booze would turn up at random intervals at domestic lounges with no rhyme or reason. Several boxes of LPGS turned up at the LGW North First lounge the final Christmas that it was open, but that didn't last long. I'll see if I can find out more.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... I vaguely recall GF also get bin ends off BA's wine buyers, hence the occasional treat there...
And sometimes GC too. A while back I was in T5 North with a friend. He got a glass of red, snapped a picture of the bottle label to show me, asking "Any good?" It was, though I can't recall the specifics now other than it was left bank Bordeaux.
I dashed over to get myself a glass only to find he'd had the last one from the last available bottle. Such is life.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:38 am

Which champagne do they serve in the club lounge?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Which champagne do they serve in the club lounge?
It should be Castelnau I think.

I must admit in the LGW first section there were 3 of each types of wine displayed, but one club wine was sneaked into the offering of each. Non are bad wines though IMO.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
It should be Castelnau I think.

I must admit in the LGW first section there were 3 of each types of wine displayed, but one club wine was sneaked into the offering of each. Non are bad wines though IMO.
Can you recall what they were? The old F lounge used to have a fairly solid selection (Chablis Premier Cru, Sancerre, etc) whenever I was there, and I can remember the odd top notch bottle turning up now and again (a highlight was a Chateau Olivier).
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BA235
Can you recall what they were? The old F lounge used to have a fairly solid selection (Chablis Premier Cru, Sancerre, etc) whenever I was there, and I can remember the odd top notch bottle turning up now and again (a highlight was a Chateau Olivier).
I was there yesterday and was pretty unimpressed with the selection. There was the same Chilean Chardonnay from Club, a Fiano and IMO the only decent one a Pouilly Fume. I tried the Pouilly and Chardonnay and they were OK. The reds were even more bizarre with 2 pinot noirs? One Monterey & the other NZ. The final wine was a Spanish Garnacha which costs about £5 in Spain!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by atcer28
I was there yesterday and was pretty unimpressed with the selection. There was the same Chilean Chardonnay from Club, a Fiano and IMO the only decent one a Pouilly Fume. I tried the Pouilly and Chardonnay and they were OK. The reds were even more bizarre with 2 pinot noirs? One Monterey & the other NZ. The final wine was a Spanish Garnacha which costs about £5 in Spain!
Thanks. Sounds a bit of a mixed bunch. Let's see how it pans out.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by atcer28
I was there yesterday and was pretty unimpressed with the selection......................I tried the Pouilly and Chardonnay and they were OK. The reds were even more bizarre with 2 pinot noirs? One Monterey & the other NZ. The final wine was a Spanish Garnacha which costs about £5 in Spain!

Clearly pushing the boat out there, in celebration of opening their new snazzy new lounge. No expense spared.

I guess after all the smart new decorative lighting, chairs & tables had been bought, there was nothing much left in the budget for wine .... (and perhaps they took the view that we might not notice anyway, mesmerised by the long-awaited & very welcome new lounge itself .....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.