Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply. For letter from BA explaining the situation, see this post.
For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html
Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Details on the Speedbird temporary South lounge can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-lounge.html
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Feb 7, 17, 11:52 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 467
I don't think 10 across in Y on the 777's will be limited to LGW...
simonspear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 12:21 pm
  #92  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: T' North West
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 538
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Thanks for that and I've deleted the temporary copy. You can see there was quite some appetite to see your pics!



Praise indeed!

Just for anyone who may has hesitated about LGW in the past, I would like to highlight the fact that you can get from the railway platform to this fantastic new facility in well under 10 minutes, if hand baggage only and eligible for Fast Track (rail platform to end of security is under 7 minutes). The LGW departure gates are very close to the lounge. LGW has extremely friendly BA staff, many have worked there for years and years. Even security at LGW is several notches more friendly than LHR and extremely slick. BA at LGW has a great range of destinations, and some very low fares if you are flexible on dates. Add all that together and it is quite a game changer for BA, and I hope people have a look at what Gatwick now has to offer.

That's not to say everything is perfect (e.g. domestic arrival and domestic priority boarding, congestion on ski weekends, the rail service itself) but the move to South was the best thing that could have happened to BA.
Shame about the lack of connection from MAN CWS

Couldn't be arsed doing the trek across London from LHR
happeemonkee is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 12:52 pm
  #93  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brasil/Spain
Programs: Star Alliance - Gold, OW - Emerald (LATAM), SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Posts: 241
Has anyone noticed whether there are any printers, either in the First or Club Lounge?

I'll be through tomorrow and could do with printing a couple of things off in advance of a meeting in the afternoon...
jackr27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 1:00 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North East
Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by jackr27 View Post
Has anyone noticed whether there are any printers, either in the First or Club Lounge?

I'll be through tomorrow and could do with printing a couple of things off in advance of a meeting in the afternoon...
There was definitely a nice one in the club lounge; not 100% but I think there was one in first too. I did not try any so don't know the score with regards connectivity. There are currently only two desktop PC's in each lounge also.
TyneTraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 1:02 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brasil/Spain
Programs: Star Alliance - Gold, OW - Emerald (LATAM), SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller View Post
There was definitely a nice one in the club lounge; not 100% but I think there was one in first too. I did not try any so don't know the score with regards connectivity. There are currently only two desktop PC's in each lounge also.
Brilliant, thank you for the reply, appreciated

Will see how I get on with them tomorrow.
jackr27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 1:08 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North East
Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by jackr27 View Post
Brilliant, thank you for the reply, appreciated

Will see how I get on with them tomorrow.

You're welcome and yes, please do report back with your findings
TyneTraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 1:49 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,433
The "office" looking room (see internetplumber's pics) is the room with the printer.

I forgot to add a crucial piece of info to my earlier comment: the toilets were fully open today, and no (obvious) leakage in sight
Virazuno is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 1:51 pm
  #98  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,933
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller View Post
There was definitely a nice one in the club lounge; not 100% but I think there was one in first too. I did not try any so don't know the score with regards connectivity. There are currently only two desktop PC's in each lounge also.
There's a printer / copier in First too, along the refectory wall. It looks like the same arrangement as AMS, so there are instructions on the top on how to transfer documents to it.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 6:34 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 13
Cheers

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
There's a printer / copier in First too, along the refectory wall. It looks like the same arrangement as AMS, so there are instructions on the top on how to transfer documents to it.
Thanks to you all for the informative updates! To be clear is the club lounge fully open now or is it this strange hybrid part Speedbird part new lounge access (obviously I will follow CWS's route map if Speedbird is muttered!)
Crocodile2409 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 6:54 pm
  #100  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,933
Originally Posted by Crocodile2409 View Post
Thanks to you all for the informative updates! To be clear is the club lounge fully open now or is it this strange hybrid part Speedbird part new lounge access (obviously I will follow CWS's route map if Speedbird is muttered!)
The new lounge is now open, I think minus the gentlemen's toilet, and so is Speedbird at the moment. Though I can't guarantee this, (a) I suspect by the weekend the temporary lounges will have closed and (b) if you handled it politely I think you'll be allowed in anyway. But check here on Friday for the latest news.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 6:57 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,433
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The new lounge is now open, I think minus the gentlemen's toilet, and so is Speedbird at the moment. Though I can't guarantee this, (a) I suspect by the weekend the temporary lounges will have closed and (b) if you handled it politely I think you'll be allowed in anyway. But check here on Friday for the latest news.
The bathrooms were fully operational today.
Virazuno is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 17, 7:15 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 13
Thank You

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The new lounge is now open, I think minus the gentlemen's toilet, and so is Speedbird at the moment. Though I can't guarantee this, (a) I suspect by the weekend the temporary lounges will have closed and (b) if you handled it politely I think you'll be allowed in anyway. But check here on Friday for the latest news.
Thank you for the update, charm offensive should Speedbird still be operational on Sunday!
Crocodile2409 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 17, 3:10 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Club lounge closed due to another flood issue.

speedbird rather busy. No porridge here either.
Louisebook is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 17, 4:01 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,136
Originally Posted by Louisebook View Post
Club lounge closed due to another flood issue.

speedbird rather busy. No porridge here either.
Oh dear. I fear this uncertainty may be too much for poor Crocodile2409.

On the porridge front… I should warn that I may have erred in mentioning porridge on Sunday. On reflection what I had in mind was muesli, and being not a fan of either porridge or muesli, didn’t think much of the difference. Sincere apologies if it turns out porridge is not part of the offering.
Ldnn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 17, 4:08 am
  #105  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 36,933
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
On the porridge front… I should warn that I may have erred in mentioning porridge on Sunday. On reflection what I had in mind was muesli, and being not a fan of either porridge or muesli, didn’t think much of the difference. Sincere apologies if it turns out porridge is not part of the offering.
Yes, porridge isn't served in Speedbird, it's not an Aspire offering. It is available in both sections of the BA Lounge.

It's certainly rather bad about the plumbing, it must be driving the staff around the bend. As it were.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: