Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
SFOPhD "Notice - The San Francisco Board Room is closing permanently at the end of business on June 24th, 2014, when the Alaska operations move to the International Terminal."
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/gif...and-hours.aspx

I'm guessing that at after the move to International A, lounge-eligible AS passengers will have access to the airside DL lounge in I-A.
Yep, I was in the SFO AS last week, and they had a little placard indicating they were closing.. I asked if they were planning to open another boardroom in the other terminal, and the answer was no..
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by nyc2socal
Yep, I was in the SFO AS last week, and they had a little placard indicating they were closing.. I asked if they were planning to open another boardroom in the other terminal, and the answer was no..
It probably makes a lot more sense for them to use the airside DL lounge in International-A.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:17 pm

Today's announcement about a new lounge in Miami has this:

The Centurion Lounge in Miami joins a network of Lounges in key airports across the country, including LAS, DFW, LGA (opening summer 2014), and SFO (opening late 2014)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...172400907.html (my emphasis).

I'm not surprised. A couple of weeks ago it looked like they have all sorts of construction work to do at SFO.
Old May 6, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Yep last I heard it was September at the earliest for SFO.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:23 pm

Oh well. However long it takes, I'll be eager to visit it when it opens.

More broadly, I think this is likely to be a big win-win for Amex and its cardholders.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold
SFO Centurion Lounge questions

I am debating getting an AmEX platinum card, a key benefit for me would be the SFO Centurion Lounge. I wanted to check if anyone could help with these questions:

1. It has been stated in various places since late last year that the SFO Centurion Lounge will be available "summer 2014". Has anyone seen a more recent update

2. This lounge will be at "the mezzanine level above the premium security checkpoint in United’s Terminal 3 and gate 75". Does anyone know if other terminals (which ones?) can be reached from here without going in and out of security?

3. If I get a second card for my wife would she have the same access?

ANn help appreciated!
Old May 11, 2014, 1:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by drtor
I am debating getting an AmEX platinum card, a key benefit for me would be the SFO Centurion Lounge. I wanted to check if anyone could help with these questions:

1. It has been stated in various places since late last year that the SFO Centurion Lounge will be available "summer 2014". Has anyone seen a more recent update

2. This lounge will be at "the mezzanine level above the premium security checkpoint in United’s Terminal 3 and gate 75". Does anyone know if other terminals (which ones?) can be reached from here without going in and out of security?

3. If I get a second card for my wife would she have the same access?

ANn help appreciated!
Most of the answers to your questions are all in this thread, one answer only two posts above.

The latest opening update is "late 2014." Nothing more specific.

Airside terminal 3 lounges can reaching international G but no others without re-clearing security.

Yes, you can get a second card for your wife. Authorized users also get access.
Old May 11, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by drtor
The informed speculation in this thread and in the San Francisco forum is that the SFO lounge will be airside, but to my knowledge we have never seen anything official from Amex or SFO on that.
Old May 11, 2014, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Today's announcement about a new lounge in Miami has this:

The Centurion Lounge in Miami joins a network of Lounges in key airports across the country, including LAS, DFW, LGA (opening summer 2014).
That will be nice, I have a return flight planned via LGA at the end of August. Hopefully it's open by then. Now I'm REALLY happy I chose to not fly through EWR.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Opening Date for SFO lounge?

Anyone has more info on opening day for SFO lounge?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Apparently the SFO location won't have a spa / treatment area, but it will have a wine tasting bar to reflect the local culture.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Apparently the SFO location won't have a spa / treatment area, but it will have a wine tasting bar to reflect the local culture.
works for me
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question which appears to be about the LGA club has been transerred: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ga-future.html
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
works for me
Indeed -- I think it'd be fair to call that a spa/treatment area.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Indeed -- I think it'd be fair to call that a spa/treatment area.
Treatment for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.