Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by ptownca
I would not be so sure. Why would Amex deny non-UA passengers an easy entrance.?
Amex doesn't run the airport. There are no airside connections with A and G, nor between T3 and T2. It was UA who got the corridor built between F and G, which is currently the only such airside connection at SFO.

If the Centurion Lounge is airside, which is what I've heard, then it will only be accessible to gates 60-104, which is E-F-G
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:27 pm

The walls to the entrance has been brought down. http://i.imgur.com/N1Kjh6M.jpg
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by tigeros
The walls to the entrance has been brought down. http://i.imgur.com/N1Kjh6M.jpg
Looks nice. I assume the entrance is airside across from gates 74-75?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:52 pm

I read it on someone's tweet it may open Nov 4, 2014

Let's hope
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
Looks nice. I assume the entrance is airside across from gates 74-75?
Yep. Directly across from the gates. It's where Burger King use to be.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I read it on someone's tweet it may open Nov 4, 2014

Let's hope
OH PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!

I'm scheduled to be in SFO Nov 8.... for only an hour tho
Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Of course I'm going to be at SFO on Nov 3rd.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
OH PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!

I'm scheduled to be in SFO Nov 8.... for only an hour tho
The Centurion lounge manager at LAS told me last week it would open in November.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Boghopper
The Centurion lounge manager at LAS told me last week it would open in November.
I hope it's the first week of November!

I'm coming to SFO on Virgin America (first time on that airline). Does anyone who has taken Virgin before knows what gates Virgin usually gates in at SFO and secondly how close those gates are to the Centurion lounge?

Since I have such a short period of time connecting from one Virgin flight to another (1 hour), I want to make sure I know exactly where to go to take a peek into the new Cent lounge!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
I hope it's the first week of November!

I'm coming to SFO on Virgin America (first time on that airline). Does anyone who has taken Virgin before knows what gates Virgin usually gates in at SFO and secondly how close those gates are to the Centurion lounge?

Since I have such a short period of time connecting from one Virgin flight to another (1 hour), I want to make sure I know exactly where to go to take a peek into the new Cent lounge!
VX lands at terminal 2, which is not connected to airside to terminal 3, the location of the new AmEx lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
VX lands at terminal 2, which is not connected to airside to terminal 3, the location of the new AmEx lounge.
Darm, does that mean I need to exit and re-enter security or is there a way to traverse between terminal 2 and 3 while staying within pre cleared areas?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Darm, does that mean I need to exit and re-enter security or is there a way to traverse between terminal 2 and 3 while staying within pre cleared areas?
The former, unfortunately. I hope you have a connecting flight so that boarding pass gets you past the checkpoint. In general, a flight in any terminal will do at SFO.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The former, unfortunately. I hope you have a connecting flight so that boarding pass gets you past the checkpoint. In general, a flight in any terminal will do at SFO.
Thanks! I do have a connection within the hour with Virgin America as well.

Not familiar with SFO... are the security check points generally slow?

I would really love to be able to stick me head inside and do a quick walk around thru the new SFO Cent Lounge
Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, VX Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks! I do have a connection within the hour with Virgin America as well.

Not familiar with SFO... are the security check points generally slow?

I would really love to be able to stick me head inside and do a quick walk around thru the new SFO Cent Lounge
Pretty fast, especially in the premium lanes. Can confirm being able to take a friend flying out of T3 into T2 to use the Admiral's Club. Will probably take you ~10 min each way to get between T2/T3, won't leave you time to do much beyond popping your head into the SFO Cent...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by rborkows
Pretty fast, especially in the premium lanes. Can confirm being able to take a friend flying out of T3 into T2 to use the Admiral's Club. Will probably take you ~10 min each way to get between T2/T3, won't leave you time to do much beyond popping your head into the SFO Cent...
Thanks! I will give it a shot.

Going with my wife and kids so it will really be just a head pop-in.

What are the qualifications for the use of premium lanes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.