Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
So is the general understanding that this will be located airside?

It would be a major plus for UA passengers. SFO is the entry point for many TPAC flights and although they have an Arrivals lounge with showers for premium class travelers, they do do not have showers at their United Club for all the other passengers connecting at SFO from long-haul international flights.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Time traveller
So is the general understanding that this will be located airside?

It would be a major plus for UA passengers. SFO is the entry point for many TPAC flights and although they have an Arrivals lounge with showers for premium class travelers, they do do not have showers at their United Club for all the other passengers connecting at SFO from long-haul international flights.
Yes, I think the consensus guess here on FT is that it will be airside. That's my guess, at least. I doubt very much that there will be any sort of airside connection from T2, T1 or International-A. But, if someone has Pre-check or priority security access, and enough time to justify it, a landside walk over to the new lounge might be worth it.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dhuey
Yes, I think the consensus guess here on FT is that it will be airside. That's my guess, at least. I doubt very much that there will be any sort of airside connection from T2, T1 or International-A. But, if someone has Pre-check or priority security access, and enough time to justify it, a landside walk over to the new lounge might be worth it.
I know I want to go experience it...hope the security folks are ok with other terminal bound pax visiting...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I know I want to go experience it...hope the security folks are ok with other terminal bound pax visiting...
In SFO it's usually not a problem. If they just, just say you're visiting the lounge.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:24 pm

SFO Centurion Lounge?

Is there an opening date announced? Waiting patiently
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
I was told by an agent at the DFW centurion that the lounge will be located airside, nr Gate 75
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:45 pm

Looks like the Centurion lounge is almost ready. If you're at gate 75 you can look up into the third floor and see the decorations have been put in place along with fancy lights. On the public side, the only access to the area is a door(fire escape door?) that leads to their kitchen area.

I saw the construction crew painting the walls inside the kitchen area and laying down tiles.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by tigeros
Looks like the Centurion lounge is almost ready. If you're at gate 75 you can look up into the third floor and see the decorations have been put in place along with fancy lights. On the public side, the only access to the area is a door(fire escape door?) that leads to their kitchen area.

I saw the construction crew painting the walls inside the kitchen area and laying down tiles.
Wow, knowing how office and retail stores come together, if they are at that point already the opening would indeed be near, maybe just a few weeks away. Wonder if they will have a special gift? I think DFW was giving away Jawbone headsets to Cent card holders.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Wow, knowing how office and retail stores come together, if they are at that point already the opening would indeed be near, maybe just a few weeks away. Wonder if they will have a special gift? I think DFW was giving away Jawbone headsets to Cent card holders.
I'm almost certain they will. LGA did the same as DFW on opening.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
When is SFO opening??!

I'm going to be in SFO mid November.... hope it's open by then!

Last edited by mia; Oct 9, 2014 at 4:14 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
I'm going to be in SFO mid November.... hope it's open by then!
Silence on opening date is deafening
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hostelworld.com Diamond Plated Platinum
This will be open by the first of the year though correct? Deciding to route through SEA or SFO, depending on this. Also any idea on what the hours might be? Open later than the others maybe because of Asia departures?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:07 pm

well, I'd hope it's open by December - I decided to route through SFO for this.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by dhuey
I would not be so sure. Why would Amex deny non-UA passengers an easy entrance.?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ptownca
I would not be so sure. Why would Amex deny non-UA passengers an easy entrance.?
If I was setting up a lounge I'd put it where the majority of Pax traffic already exists. Term 3 and Intl G I believe qualify as the "optimal" location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.