Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
I am flying CX First class HKG to JFK arriving in JFK in the evening, can I access the flagship first dining and/or lounge upon arrival (waiting for a friend @ JFK)? OR If I have an onward connecting AA flight can I then access flagship first dining and/or flagship first lounge?

I am only AA plat but wondering if incoming CX first BP would allow access? Haven't been to JFK in a while...

Last edited by kar don; Sep 21, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by kar don
I am flying CX First class HKG to JFK arriving in JFK in the evening, can I access the flagship first dining and/or lounge upon arrival (waiting for a friend @ JFK)? OR If I have an onward connecting AA flight can I then access flagship first dining and/or flagship first lounge?

I am only AA plat but wondering if incoming CX first BP would allow access? Haven't been to JFK in a while...
I don't know how as an arriving international passenger (without pre-clearance) you'd be able to access airside w/o an onward boarding pass to get to the Flagship Lounge.

If you have a connecting boarding pass you can re-clear security, and yes, it's been documented that Flagship Lounge and FL Dining access have been granted to arriving passengers and that CX passengers in F have access. Should get access by showing the CX F boarding pass.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:36 pm

I am flying CX Business from JFK to YVR in a couple of months, can I access the Flagship Lounge in JFK? I know flights within USA and Canada generally don't qualify, but I was wondering if this flight is treated any differently?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

I guess the replacement of the 77W on LAX-MIA with 772 means LAX-MIA will no longer qualify for Flagship Lounge if Exec Plat.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skvanburen
I am flying CX Business from JFK to YVR in a couple of months, can I access the Flagship Lounge in JFK? I know flights within USA and Canada generally don't qualify, but I was wondering if this flight is treated any differently?
You should have access to the FL. I clearly recall reading numerous reports in a different thread (maybe in the CX forum?) of folks in your exact situation getting access.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by skvanburen
Yes. It has been widely reported that CX gives business and first passengers passes to FL on JFK-YVR.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Any news about the opening schedule of FL @ MIA? I Will be flying out from MIA next month and I´m eagerly awaiting to test the new FL.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Any news about the opening schedule of FL @ MIA? I Will be flying out from MIA next month and I´m eagerly awaiting to test the new FL.
Per an email I received on Sept. 29th, the MIA FL will open "later this year." I haven't heard anything more definite, unfortunately.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Per an email I received on Sept. 29th, the MIA FL will open "later this year." I haven't heard anything more definite, unfortunately.
Seems there has been some big 'hiccup'. In late August, they were 'days' away from an early September opening and tracking to open before ORD. Not only did they miss September, 'later this year' seems like a 'late this year' type statement.

Will be there in 8 days for an international flight. I will ask if we don't hear before then.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Seems there has been some big 'hiccup'. In late August, they were 'days' away from an early September opening and tracking to open before ORD. Not only did they miss September, 'later this year' seems like a 'late this year' type statement.

Will be there in 8 days for an international flight. I will ask if we don't hear before then.
Last week, the agent in the D15 AC said the expectation is around October 14 for the FL to open in MIA.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by jcatman
Last week, the agent in the D15 AC said the expectation is around October 14 for the FL to open in MIA.
I will be in Mia on October 14. I will either post one of the first reviews or be in for a disappointment...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by gnargel
I will be in Mia on October 14. I will either post one of the first reviews or be in for a disappointment...
To my surprise last week, the MIA Centurion Lounge was the "disappointment". At 10:40am on a Thursday:

1. The buffet was run completely down, in anticipation of the conversion to lunch.

2. Not one newspaper on the shelf.

3. The bathroom faucet handles for both sinks in the men's restroom felt as though they could come off in your hand. Only one hand-soap container; no lotion.

The Admiral's Club at D15 is beautiful and well-maintained. Great showers; friendly bartender; food/coffee buffet kept clean and full. Employees everywhere. Lots of seating choices and easy to find a quiet place to call your own. LOVE this remodeled club.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lds89
I don't know how as an arriving international passenger (without pre-clearance) you'd be able to access airside w/o an onward boarding pass to get to the Flagship Lounge.

If you have a connecting boarding pass you can re-clear security, and yes, it's been documented that Flagship Lounge and FL Dining access have been granted to arriving passengers and that CX passengers in F have access. Should get access by showing the CX F boarding pass.
Is it worth buying a refundable Y "connecting" ticket to get in then canceling in the lounge while i wait for incoming pax?

Last edited by kar don; Oct 5, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it worth buying a refundable Y "connecting" ticket to get in then canceling in the lounge while i wait for incoming pax?
Good lord, no.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Not unless you would enjoy being busted for buying a ticket solely to access airport facilities.

The airline will give you a terminal pass if you have a good reason, such as meeting minor children or an adult who needs your assistance (elderly, handicapped, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.