Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by jcatman
To my surprise last week, the MIA Centurion Lounge was the "disappointment". At 10:40am on a Thursday:

1. The buffet was run completely down, in anticipation of the conversion to lunch.

2. Not one newspaper on the shelf.

3. The bathroom faucet handles for both sinks in the men's restroom felt as though they could come off in your hand. Only one hand-soap container; no lotion.

The Admiral's Club at D15 is beautiful and well-maintained. Great showers; friendly bartender; food/coffee buffet kept clean and full. Employees everywhere. Lots of seating choices and easy to find a quiet place to call your own. LOVE this remodeled club.
This, the MIA and SFO centurion lounges are such zoos that I'd rather sit in the terminal or the AC and forgo the nicer food. I don't seem to have the same problem at DFW. The MIA lounge was so crowded at 6am on a Saturday! morning two weeks ago that I could hardly find a seat. An expansion is on the way but unfortunately half of the Latin America-bound passengers transiting Miami seems to have access so I'm not sure it'll do that much more. Very ready for the FL to (finally) open
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gnargel
I will be in Mia on October 14. I will either post one of the first reviews or be in for a disappointment...
I have my fingers crossed hoping that you avoided the disappointment

Was the FL open?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Flagship Lounge on arrival JFK

Flying transcon LAX to JFK on a redeye in F(3 cabin) so have access. I hear that many are granted access so I was going to try as we'll never get checked in so early in the morning and the lounge will be the most comfortable spot to hang for awhile I'd think and get a meal. What are the odds of gaining entrance?

In Flagship Dining do they serve as early as 7 am and do they serve breakfast?

One problem I have is that my wife insists on checking a bag so we will have that coming out. We plan to use Flagship Checkin at LAX I'm wondering if there's something that can be done when checking in to have it go directly to a storage location? Bit concerned with security for he letting it come out of the carousel. Or maybe something can be done online with it?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Flying transcon LAX to JFK on a redeye in F(3 cabin) so have access. I hear that many are granted access so I was going to try as we'll never get checked in so early in the morning and the lounge will be the most comfortable spot to hang for awhile I'd think and get a meal. What are the odds of gaining entrance?
While I was never able to find an official exception/policy that allowed such access, as others have pointed out, there don't seem to be (m)any examples of people being turned away.

...One problem I have is that my wife insists on checking a bag so we will have that coming out. We plan to use Flagship Checkin at LAX I'm wondering if there's something that can be done when checking in to have it go directly to a storage location? Bit concerned with security for he letting it come out of the carousel. Or maybe something can be done online with it?
Nothing comes to mind, personally.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have an inbound redeye from LAX to JFK, as well, and on the outbound to LAX a few days ago, I specifically asked the agent at the front desk of the FL if J/F have access to the lounge on arrival, and she said yes you will have access on arrival in the morning.

Double confirmed with AA Customer Service Admirals Club team. I guess triple confirmed when I landed in LAX a few days ago on my outbound and was granted access without a problem to the T5 Admirals Club.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
I have my fingers crossed hoping that you avoided the disappointment

Was the FL open?
My bad, I will connect in Miami tomorrow.

I have accepted that I will 99,99% certain have to settle for the Admirals Club (nice breakfast selection in SFO though, blueberries and strawberries!).

I will provide an update tomorrow.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:38 pm

Either this was a recent quiet update, or it's been this way for a while and I've never noticed (probably because I'm not CK). If not new, sorry for the old news.

CK can now access Flagship Lounges on domestic flights. This appears to only be valid at JFK and ORD (and LAX, MIA, DFW, LHR, and PHL when they open).
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

AAdvantage® ConciergeKeySM
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).

Guest access
Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclachef
Either this was a recent quiet update, or it's been this way for a while and I've never noticed (probably because I'm not CK). If not new, sorry for the old news.

CK can now access Flagship Lounges on domestic flights. This appears to only be valid at JFK and ORD (and LAX, MIA, DFW, LHR, and PHL when they open).
They added a few months ago:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....lounge-access/

New American Airlines ConciergeKey Benefit: Flagship Lounge Access
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:47 am

One problem I have is that my wife insists on checking a bag so we will have that coming out. We plan to use Flagship Checkin at LAX I'm wondering if there's something that can be done when checking in to have it go directly to a storage location? Bit concerned with security for he letting it come out of the carousel. Or maybe something can be done online with it?
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here, but it sounds like maybe you should consider shipping your luggage rather than checking it?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jordyn
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here, but it sounds like maybe you should consider shipping your luggage rather than checking it?
I believe the flier wanted to be able to deplane, go to the Flagship lounge and have a meal while not having to worry about grabbing the bag (which would be on the carousel, past security). Flagship check-in may be able to help.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jordyn
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here...
It's not actually all that complicated.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I believe the flier wanted to be able to deplane, go to the Flagship lounge and have a meal while not having to worry about grabbing the bag (which would be on the carousel, past security). Flagship check-in may be able to help.
I can't really imagine how. The bag will stay on the carousel until someone from AA baggage services pulls it off and takes it to the office/storage area. Poster could probably pick it up there with no problem (but likely a wait), assuming nobody else walks off with it while it's circling the carousel.

Poster wasnt entirely clear - it sounded like they are connecting on to somewhere else from JFK? (I.e., comment about it too early to check in).
If NY is the final destination there's always https://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvipmobile
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
The good news for you, in my experience, is that I have never had a checked bag take less than FOREVER at JFK. No matter the time of day. You aren't going to have time to lounge around and get comfortable. But if you just want to grab something to eat, and maybe a quick 10-minute shower, you should be OK.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:55 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I never check luggage. Does AA have an agent verifying that each pax is picking up their own luggage, if not, I'd be fearful that someone "accidentally" walked off with my luggage.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nrr
I never check luggage. Does AA have an agent verifying that each pax is picking up their own luggage, if not, I'd be fearful that someone "accidentally" walked off with my luggage.
If you are talking about JFK T8, unfortunately I've never had an agent checking if I was picking up my own luggage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.