Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by controller1
I just took another look. The restriction of "Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin)" is shown on AA.com only under the access by AAdvantage or oneworld tier. That restriction is not shown for access based on flying in qualifying First or Business Class.
It is:

Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline.*

*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JonNYC
It is:
Missed the asterisk and stand corrected!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by controller1
Missed the asterisk and stand corrected!
Trust me-- I'm -not- saying it isn't confusing, convoluted and even contradictory in places and poorly expressed/formatted altogether.

The American Way!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by prw555
I have been granted access on an arriving flight, with no onward connection.
I've done this at least a dozen times and have never had an issue.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by lightbulbs
I've done this at least a dozen times and have never had an issue.
Exactly. Safe to say this is policy. I don't think there is a single mention of someone being rejected.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Today the DFW D club denied a CK access to the "first class dining" area, saying that access is allowed only on international itineraries. They consulted with a supervisor who "confirmed" this wrong info, and they persisted in denying access even when the very clear text on AA.com was read to them. Going for great!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by scottmlew
Today the DFW D club denied a CK access to the "first class dining" area, saying that access is allowed only on international itineraries. They consulted with a supervisor who "confirmed" this wrong info, and they persisted in denying access even when the very clear text on AA.com was read to them. Going for great!
Was the CK doing this:

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).

DFW Terminal D is an International First-Class Dining offering.....

EXP's traveling internationally get in as well under this access rule.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by jcatman

Was the CK doing this:

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).

DFW Terminal D is an International First-Class Dining offering.....

EXP's traveling internationally get in as well under this access rule.
No, the CK was trying to do this:

Access:
AAdvantage® ConciergeKeySM
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).

Locations:
International First Class Lounge

Until our new Flagship® Lounges are completed, eligible customers can still enjoy access to existing premium lounges in:
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D (International First Class Dining only) Daily: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by Global321
Exactly. Safe to say this is policy. I don't think there is a single mention of someone being rejected.
FYI beware the recent iOS app update aggressively expires your boarding passes so if you don't have a paper boarding pass and are expecting to use your iPhone boarding pass on arrival it will likely be grayed out. Might want to take a screenshot or get a paper boarding pass.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
No, the CK was trying to do this:

Access:
AAdvantage® ConciergeKeySM
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).

Locations:
International First Class Lounge

Until our new Flagship® Lounges are completed, eligible customers can still enjoy access to existing premium lounges in:
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D (International First Class Dining only) Daily: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
The "bold" font is the access policy for the Flagship Lounge per the AA website. That is not the same as the access policy for the International First Class Lounge as indicated on the AA website.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by jcatman
The "bold" font is the access policy for the Flagship Lounge per the AA website. That is not the same as the access policy for the International First Class Lounge as indicated on the AA website.
The way the website is setup is confusing, at best. Reading the second half of what I posted (given it is on a page titled "Flagship Lounge") would seem to say that until the FCL is complete, FCL-eligible customers can use the listed facilities...but below that, it provides access info that says otherwise. That likely explains the confusion.

Last edited by ikwia; Aug 17, 2017 at 7:50 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:52 am

Doesn't the second half of what I posted clearly say that until the Flagship Lounges are completed that customers eligible to access the Flagship Lounge can use the alternate facilities listed?
Check the separate Access tab below the list of IFC lounge locations.
Qualifying AAdvantage®ConciergeKeySM and Executive Platinum
And the footnote:
American Airlines AAdvantage ConciergeKeySM and Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for International First Class Lounge or International First Class Dining access. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
MIA

Any updates regarding the opening of the AA´ FSL at MIA?

I´ll be flying from MIA in mid november and anxiously hoping/waiting for a new lounge experince. Will I be able to use the new lounge as flying with AY (which apparently uses concource E)?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:44 am
RJ1

delete

Last edited by RJ1; Aug 19, 2017 at 9:50 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:06 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I flew JFK-LHR the other day.

The extended access to Flagship Lounge (i.e. to include C-class Int passengers) must be a great selling point for AA. Folks were drinking Bollinger as it would be soda water (I think Polaris lounges still have drinks served from the bar ) Very different experience to the previous Flagship Lounge. Still kudos to AA to maintain the lounge reasonably clean with good selection of meals & drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.