Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Yes to both.
Woo hoo, thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:03 pm

Would the two class mia-lax aa270 qualify?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by off2rome
Would the two class mia-lax aa270 qualify?
No FL access on this route.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Is Aer Lingus considered OW in regards to a Platinum's access to the FL when traveling to Ireland from the US?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Is Aer Lingus considered OW in regards to a Platinum's access to the FL when traveling to Ireland from the US?
No.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well, I won't feel bad about not having access to Flagship First Dining at JFK now that Priority Pass has included Bobby Van's Steakhouse in T8 as one of their $28 credit towards food restaurants. Should be a lot better food than Corona Beach house in MIA.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Friends are flying DUB-ORD-LAX soon with no status. Will the get 'Flagship' access on layover due to arriving in business but only connecting in two class first?

Many thanks
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Friends are flying DUB-ORD-LAX soon with no status. Will the get 'Flagship' access on layover due to arriving in business but only connecting in two class first?

Many thanks
Yes, should get flagship lounge in ORD arriving in longhaul OW business class and your onward flight is a OW flight (of any class or domestic OR international). OW doesn't follow *A's arcane rules about needing the longhaul to be an international departure in business from that particular airport (although in fairness, UA also allows arrival access at its own lounges for longhaul business class connecting onward)
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by lds89
Yes, should get flagship lounge in ORD arriving in longhaul OW business class and your onward flight is a OW flight (of any class or domestic OR international). OW doesn't follow *A's arcane rules about needing the longhaul to be an international departure in business from that particular airport (although in fairness, UA also allows arrival access at its own lounges for longhaul business class connecting onward)
Thanks. Good to know.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Thanks. Good to know.
No problem. They will be arriving on AA, right? If they arrive Aer Lingus (which is not part of OW) they will not have access. I think ORD-DUB is seasonal on AA so just checking
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:39 am

No problem. They will be arriving on AA, right? If they arrive Aer Lingus (which is not part of OW) they will not have access. I think ORD-DUB is seasonal on AA so just checking
Yes, AA. Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:43 am

So just to make sure I understand correctly. Connecting from (and not to) a qualifying flight grants you access? I am Plantinum, arriving with international flight in business and connecting (a couple of hours layover) to domestic in first.

That would seem to contradict a bit the wording at AA.COM, that's why I thought I won't have access. And it would make sense because I won't have a qualifying boarding pass to show (my international flight departed the previous day):

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp :
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight ...
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lostfly
So just to make sure I understand correctly. Connecting from (and not to) a qualifying flight grants you access? I am Plantinum, arriving with international flight in business and connecting (a couple of hours layover) to domestic in first.

That would seem to contradict a bit the wording at AA.COM, that's why I thought I won't have access. And it would make sense because I won't have a qualifying boarding pass to show (my international flight departed the previous day):

The wording is confusing, but it's treated as if it were arrival lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by lostfly

The part you quote actually is only under the status access sections - if you click international business it just says the longhaul flight needs to be the same day or before 6am the next day (and that wording is really clear). So you should have no problem. But either way, I have never had issues accessing flagship (or OW F / J) lounges coming off a longhaul connecting to a domestic sector, even if all is in Y. If you can get past the dragons at QF F LAX on a Y ticket; you can get into anywhere, haha.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:08 pm

If I'm OW Sapphire, do I get access to the Flagship Lounge regardless of flight? Curious about two scenarios in particular:
1) JFK-SEA in First (not Flagship First)
2) JFK-LHR in Economy (booked through BA but AA metal)

From the Wiki, I think I do as my OW status is through Cathay, not American, but I'm starting to doubt myself:

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
  • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)
*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.