Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nrr
I never check luggage. Does AA have an agent verifying that each pax is picking up their own luggage, if not, I'd be fearful that someone "accidentally" walked off with my luggage.
Only ever seen this at LGA.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Come to think of it, this baggage thing would be a common issue at many airports with "arrival lounges." How is it normally dealt with? I've never really used an arrival lounge with checked baggage.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Come to think of it, this baggage thing would be a common issue at many airports with "arrival lounges." How is it normally dealt with? I've never really used an arrival lounge with checked baggage.
The arrival lounges I've used are landside, so they are intended for visiting after you've collected checked baggage.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Flying MIA to LAX first class on a 32B 2-class aircraft... according to the oneworld website:

customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Doesn't mention anything about "3 class aircraft", etc. Will I have access to the TBIT oneworld lounge (business or first?) prior to my next domestic flight out of LAX?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by kar don
Flying MIA to LAX first class on a 32B 2-class aircraft... according to the oneworld website:

Doesn't mention anything about "3 class aircraft", etc. Will I have access to the TBIT oneworld lounge (business or first?) prior to my next domestic flight out of LAX?
Supposedly, yes as they recently changed the text. Do let us know I assume it will be the QF first lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by no2chem
Supposedly, yes as they recently changed the text. Do let us know I assume it will be the QF first lounge.
That was my next question... I assume my boarding pass will say "FIRST" but I am thinking it will be an I-class ticket. Do they go by boarding pass print or fare class?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by kar don
That was my next question... I assume my boarding pass will say "FIRST" but I am thinking it will be an I-class ticket. Do they go by boarding pass print or fare class?
Honestly, I think they will go by the boarding pass print - in my experience. I'm sure that many who were flying MIA-LAX non 3-class managed to get access in the past (theres not a magical green check mark that shows up on their screens, for example). Also, it seems that there was a recent report of success

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28942957-post284.html

So you'll probably be ok.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
One problem I have is that my wife insists on checking a bag so we will have that coming out. We plan to use Flagship Checkin at LAX I'm wondering if there's something that can be done when checking in to have it go directly to a storage location? Bit concerned with security for he letting it come out of the carousel. Or maybe something can be done online with it?
FWIW, I am disabled and always the last to deplane. I stop at the AC to grab a refreshment and use the restroom before heading to baggage claim. My checked luggage is either still circling with whatever flight is currently on the carousel or, if there was a break in the carousel between flights, it will be in the baggage office or wherever they hold uncollected bags. Thankfully have not yet had a problem.

And I have not seen anyone matching claim tags with bags off of the carousel in the US since I was a small child (though, interestingly, when collecting a bag that has been removed from the carousel, either at the baggage office or at the uncollected bag area, they do ask for ID or baggage claim ticket). The risk that someone will take your bag and walk out is real, albeit IME small.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deeruck
The arrival lounges I've used are landside, so they are intended for visiting after you've collected checked baggage.
Overseas they all are, by necessity, as arriving passengers are separated from departing ones. (I mean, I *guess* they could put the lounge in a hallway before customs...)
There are no dedicated arrivals lounges in the US that I know of (DL in ATL maybe?); any domestic travelers can access the departure lounges upon arrival. International arrivals are out of luck unless they're connecting onward. That said, I don't think there are all that many early morning Int'l red eye arrivals into key US business centers, where a biz traveler will need to freshen up before a meeting--at least not enough to justify a landslide lounge. Certainly not compared to LHR or CDG.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:55 pm

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only.
I assume QR flights are eligible for FL access although the above does not include "middle east"? Flying MIA-DOH next week.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by tlott
I assume QR flights are eligible for FL access although the above does not include "middle east"? Flying MIA-DOH next week.
Yes. 100%
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Since access is for business and first, any idea why LAX-MIA and LAX-CLT are not included in the access list? I understand that both MIA and CLT have non-widebody flights, but so does SFO-JFK.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Since access is for business and first, any idea why LAX-MIA and LAX-CLT are not included in the access list? I understand that both MIA and CLT have non-widebody flights, but so does SFO-JFK.
It's not about wide-body and narrow-body. It's about being in Flagship Business or Flagship First on a premium transcontinental route between key, important business markets. LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK are all, 100% on three-cabin A321Ts with Flagship service, and as part of the package to attract business, they offer lounge access.

LAX-CLT, LAX-DCA, etc. are not premium-enough markets to warrant AA allowing lounge access.

I am confused about LAX-MIA, though, since those passengers are able to access QF F lounge.

Last edited by DMPHL; Jan 17, 2018 at 9:21 am Reason: Updated QF Lounge policy.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Will I have access when flying DCA-MIA-UIO in business? What about on the return? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Will I have access when flying DCA-MIA-UIO in business? What about on the return? Thanks!
Yes to both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.