Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of the JFK Flagship lounge featuring plenty of photos is in my report here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-lounges.html

This report was from a trip in April before the expansion of access to J/Sapphire and the opening of the new buffet and Flagship Dining area.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Any updates regarding the opening of the AA´ FSL at MIA?

I´ll be flying from MIA in mid november and anxiously hoping/waiting for a new lounge experince. Will I be able to use the new lounge as flying with AY (which apparently uses concource E)?

Many thanks!
Flagship Lounge was supposed to open late August. Looks to be early September now. (Source: Agent who toured it a few weeks ago.)

Yes, concourse E is connected so you will have access with the right credentials/class of service.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
Bit confused with the wording regarding "qualifying international flight" for the International First Class Lounge in Chicago and Los Angeles. I'm an EXP flying LAX-ORD-AMM on AA/RJ LAX-ORD in F, ORD-AMM in J (highest class available) (6 hour layover in Chicago).

The Middle East is not specified as a qualified destination, is it considered Asia or Europe?

Will I have access to the International First Class Lounge at LAX or ORD? (At LAX, I'm fairly confident that I will have access to the QF First Lounge).
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by DrinkRaiderade
Bit confused with the wording regarding "qualifying international flight" for the International First Class Lounge in Chicago and Los Angeles. I'm an EXP flying LAX-ORD-AMM on AA/RJ LAX-ORD in F, ORD-AMM in J (highest class available) (6 hour layover in Chicago).

The Middle East is not specified as a qualified destination, is it considered Asia or Europe?

Will I have access to the International First Class Lounge at LAX or ORD? (At LAX, I'm fairly confident that I will have access to the QF First Lounge).
You should have access to F lounges in both airports as an EXP - RJ is a OW carrier. The restriction for EXPs relates to itineraries solely in North America (excluding Mexico City in Y or transcon 3 class flights in business/first). Since you meet the threshold for EXP and international, you get F access + 1 guest on the entire itinerary. Simply need to show the ORD-AMM boarding passes at both LAX and ORD. You'd also have F access if you were flying the entire itinerary in Y.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K

It's my understanding any destination beyond North America (plus MEX) is eligible without discretion.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jordan is in Asia @:-)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, National Executive Elite, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by lds89
You should have access to F lounges in both airports as an EXP - RJ is a OW carrier. The restriction for EXPs relates to itineraries solely in North America (excluding Mexico City in Y or transcon 3 class flights in business/first). Since you meet the threshold for EXP and international, you get F access + 1 guest on the entire itinerary. Simply need to show the ORD-AMM boarding passes at both LAX and ORD. You'd also have F access if you were flying the entire itinerary in Y.
I had understood it previously that way as well...for some reason the change in wording accompanying Qualified International Itinerary (and specifically not mentioning Africa or the Middle East) made me wonder if I was no longer eligible.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
FL access with separate PNRs?

I'll be arriving LAX on a CX flight from HKG in coach. A few hours later I'll be departing LAX on an AA flight in coach. The two flights are on separate PNRs. Will I have access to the FL based on the inbound international flight rule for lounge access? Or do the separate PNRs disqualify me?

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Aug 27, 2017 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:05 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I'll be arriving LAX on a CX flight from HKG in coach. A few hours later I'll be departing LAX on an AA flight in coach. The two flights are on separate PNRs. Will I have access to the FL based on the inbound international flight rule for lounge access? Or do the separate PNRs disqualify me?
I've accessed FL under exactly the same circumstances before (except I was in CX first). Bring the CX boarding pass to show to the drAAgons.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I've accessed FL under exactly the same circumstances before (except I was in CX first). Bring the CX boarding pass to show to the drAAgons.
As CloudCoder said, just bring your CX bp. You will have no problem.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AA
A similar question to philgovflyer but the opposite way round.
I have a domestic flight from Lax to SFO at 6.30 am on a single pnr, then later that day an international flight SFO to Lhr on a separate pnr.. I understand normally I wouldn't have lounge access on domestic but if I show my later boarding pass would they let me in at Lax.
Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:49 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by steviewire
A similar question to philgovflyer but the opposite way round.
I have a domestic flight from Lax to SFO at 6.30 am on a single pnr, then later that day an international flight SFO to Lhr on a separate pnr.. I understand normally I wouldn't have lounge access on domestic but if I show my later boarding pass would they let me in at Lax.
Thanks
Yes, the same-day international (for an EXP in any class) gives you access.

If it's on AA then they can look it up. If it's on another airline, then it's a good idea to bring a BP to show the drAAgons.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Yes, the same-day international (for an EXP in any class) gives you access.

If it's on AA then they can look it up. If it's on another airline, then it's a good idea to bring a BP to show the drAAgons.
Thank you, yes all flights on AA numbers with the Sfo-Lhr leg on BA codeshare.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
EXPs and Business Class can access the Flagship upon *arrival*, right? Thinking specifically of DUB-JFK, which arrives as a domestic flight, not via Customs.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA
EXPs and Business Class can access the Flagship upon *arrival*, right? Thinking specifically of DUB-JFK, which arrives as a domestic flight, not via Customs.
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.