Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Yes you will have access! First class gives you access to the reserved dining option, but the regular food in flagship lounge is pretty good too.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:00 pm

You will have access to the Flagship Lounge.

However, you will definitely NOT have access to Flagship First Dining.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Additionally, I was turned away from the Qantas First Lounge while on a Transcon J/Biz ticket. They sent me to the Oneworld Business Lounge, The Flagship Lounge is better IMHO.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:50 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2018-a.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ed-2017-a.html
Old May 31, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
TCON J = Flagship Lounge or AC.
TCON F = Flagship Dining, Lounge or AC
Old May 31, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
This is news to me. What if you're on this route in Y, but have platinum status or higher?
Old May 31, 2018, 2:18 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by donotblink
This is news to me. What if you're on this route in Y, but have platinum status or higher?
Before the Flagship Lounges were introduced, AA did grant F/J passengers on the premium transcons access to the Admirals Club (and in SFO it's still just Admirals Club access, of course).

Nothing has changed for Y passengers with status through AA on these routes, however. No lounge access.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by dw
Before the Flagship Lounges were introduced, AA did grant F/J passengers on the premium transcons access to the Admirals Club (and in SFO it's still just Admirals Club access, of course).

Nothing has changed for Y passengers with status through AA on these routes, however. No lounge access.
Do you get drink tickets at SFO if you're going in J to JFK? I travel this route a few times a year, and have AC membership anyway, but my upgrade never clears.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by donotblink
Do you get drink tickets at SFO if you're going in J to JFK? I travel this route a few times a year, and have AC membership anyway, but my upgrade never clears.
Yes
Old May 31, 2018, 8:19 pm

I am flying Iberia business from Madrid to Chicago. Separate ticket in economy on AA, Chicago to Colorado Springs. After clearing customs and immigration and going through security again in Chicago, can I use my Iberia business class boarding pass on arrival in Chicago to use Flagship lounge?
Old May 31, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dogbuckeye
I am flying Iberia business from Madrid to Chicago. Separate ticket in economy on AA, Chicago to Colorado Springs. After clearing customs and immigration and going through security again in Chicago, can I use my Iberia business class boarding pass on arrival in Chicago to use Flagship lounge?
Yes, you will have access.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Does a guest have to fly on a 1W carrier or AA that same day? I've actually got a colleague who is flying at the same time - but on Delta. The Flagship Lounge rules only mention a "guest" not that the guest has to be flying 1W or AA.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Oneworld site is down right. Ow. But when you google it, this comes up in the description...

Providing access to some 650 lounges across the globe. ... Other exceptions may apply (see below). ... The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld ...

best to check the oneworld site when it is working!

but I think this rule may be one of those YMMV things.

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Does a guest have to fly on a 1W carrier or AA that same day? I've actually got a colleague who is flying at the same time - but on Delta. The Flagship Lounge rules only mention a "guest" not that the guest has to be flying 1W or AA.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Do the 1W rules apply or AA rules? I'm on an AA itinerary in premium economy and am Plat.

AA's rules say "Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworldŽ airline (regardless of cabin)." Its silent about the status of the guest.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Do the 1W rules apply or AA rules? I'm on an AA itinerary in premium economy and am Plat.

AA's rules say "Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworldŽ airline (regardless of cabin)." Its silent about the status of the guest.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
The guest does not have to have status. There seems to be some question as to whether they need to by flying on a OW itinerary as well. But if they are travelling with you or also on a OW itinerary, no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.