Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nxsahraw
So, if I am flying BA J from Chicago, can I check in at Terminal 5, then go to Terminal 3 and hangout at FL? No issues at security in T3? If that works, then I assume I can take the airside intra-terminal bus to Terminal 5 too, right?
Yes to all, I did exactly that a couple of months ago.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
When does the FL at PHL open?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by nologic
When does the FL at PHL open?
"In the year 2525, if man is still alive..."
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Fantastic. Thanks!!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:44 pm

Anyone have any suggestions with skirting same day flying requirement. I am flying ATL-MIA-ORD-DOH all F/J on one PNR but my ORD-DOH segment is next day evening and ATL-MIA a day earlier. From everythig i read i wont be allowd in MIA FL. Anyone ever got in similar situation n got access. Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:53 am

With all the talk about how it is no longer "exclusive" and Admirals Club lounges becoming "second tier" why would anyone want to help others "skirt" any of the rules, what few there are left?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by anubond005
Anyone have any suggestions with skirting same day flying requirement. I am flying ATL-MIA-ORD-DOH all F/J on one PNR but my ORD-DOH segment is next day evening and ATL-MIA a day earlier. From everythig i read i wont be allowd in MIA FL. Anyone ever got in similar situation n got access. Thanks.
You could try pacing outside the FL entrance for about 30 minutes while dropping loud F-bombs out of your mouth and using your overweight child as a meaningless prop, and then sharing that unfortunate sideshow with the world via video posted to your Facebook page.......but I don't think you'll get much traction out of it besides confirming to the world how angry and crazy you have become.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've flown a few tickets like this over the past few years where I have domestic connecting flights the day before my qualifying international flight. IME a lot of the lounge agents are either not up to speed on the correct rule or think its 24 hrs, or same PNR, or who knows. But it's never usually an issue to enter as long as you have your international boarding pass. In MIA, hand them your ORD-DOH boarding pass and say "I'm on the way to Doha" and just see what happens. YMMV.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I've flown a few tickets like this over the past few years where I have domestic connecting flights the day before my qualifying international flight. IME a lot of the lounge agents are either not up to speed on the correct rule or think its 24 hrs, or same PNR, or who knows. But it's never usually an issue to enter as long as you have your international boarding pass. In MIA, hand them your ORD-DOH boarding pass and say "I'm on the way to Doha" and just see what happens. YMMV.
Thanks. I will try my luck and if not, I will just explore another lounge. I have hopes to get access. Lets see what happens.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Quick question are you flying Qatar? Just guessing since your destination is DOH. Qatar always gives out a paper slip for lounge access to Biz class passengers. If not flying Biz when checking in just ask for the slip and say since you have OW status can I have a paper slip for the lounge. I'm also assuming you have status since you are asking for access. You can then just hand that paper slip to the FL lounge, no questions asked.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flying PEK-NRT-ORD-RDU on JAL/AA/AA in J. I'll have access to the Flagship lounge in ORD, right, as it is all same day? Does anyone know if I can go into the JAL first lounge in NRT as OWS? Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dboston
Flying PEK-NRT-ORD-RDU on JAL/AA/AA in J. I'll have access to the Flagship lounge in ORD, right, as it is all same day? Does anyone know if I can go into the JAL first lounge in NRT as OWS? Thanks!
At NRT you can use the JL business lounge, not first. First is only if you're in F or oneworld Emerald.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
At NRT you can use the JL business lounge, not first. First is only if you're in F or oneworld Emerald.
Oh my bad -- just made EXP so that should have said OWE not OWS. Sorry for the typo!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dboston
Oh my bad -- just made EXP so that should have said OWE not OWS. Sorry for the typo!
Then yep, enjoy the JL F lounge!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA
Flagship Lounge/Dining when connecting

Hi everyone!

I was was wondering if any of you may be able to help here as I have received conflicting reports from American every time I ask!

We we are traveling LAX to Bermuda via JFK in First ( business class from JFK to Bermuda as it’s the highest cabin). Our flight from LAX is a red eye and arrives in around 7:00am and our flight to Bermuda leaves around 10:30am. Will we have access to the flagship lounge/ dining at JFK prior to this segment based traveling first on the transcon sector. Also if we were to move on to an earlier flight departing LAX (arrving at 1:00am into JFK ) would be still have have access when the lounge re-opens in the morning prior to our Bermuda flight?

Many thanks for all help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.