Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Yes, I actually recall that you get a paper invite for LAX's flagship, I should ask the GA for that and for the international stamp. If not the flagship, can I even get in the Admiral's club instead? They may make a compromise, lol...
The "flagship" in LAX should be in quotes, btw...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
If I was upgraded from Economy to Business using status on my award ticket JFK-LAX do I receive flagship lounge access or only if I bought business class.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
If I was upgraded from Economy to Business using status on my award ticket JFK-LAX do I receive flagship lounge access or only if I bought business class.
You will have access if flying business on the 3-class regardless of purchase type (e.g. $$, award, SWU, complimentary upgrade, etc.)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
Per the AA website:

Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld®airline.*

*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

So, because your onward Oneworld flight (JFK-ORD) is the same day as your incoming international flight in J or prior to 6am the following day, you have access to the Flagship Lounge at JFK.
I've recently noticed that this asterisk is only present under Access for First and Business class passengers and is missing from the section covering access for EXP and for Oneworld Emeralds ...

Qualifying AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum Expand
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).
Is this a recent change, or has there always been this confusion? Or am I missing something? And what happens when 'connecting from' an international flight?

Furthermore there is a double asterisk in the Oneworld emerald section ...

oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM Expand
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**

**North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
This has the domestic exclusion, but doesn't suggest same day travel is an integral part of defining an itinerary.

Is the website correct, or just very badly written?

Last edited by SeattleDavid; Nov 27, 2018 at 2:56 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:56 pm

So I read earlier in this thread a similar situation regarding Flagship Lounge access upon arrival, but just wanted to make sure. We are flying back on AA Business Class from Rome to Chicago (787 whatup!) and then have a 3 hour layover before our connection to our final destination in Atlanta (AA domestic First Class). Will we be able to access the lounge?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by aduma
So I read earlier in this thread a similar situation regarding Flagship Lounge access upon arrival, but just wanted to make sure. We are flying back on AA Business Class from Rome to Chicago (787 whatup!) and then have a 3 hour layover before our connection to our final destination in Atlanta (AA domestic First Class). Will we be able to access the lounge?
Yes, it is part of the same international itinerary...As for the 787, the rocking zodiac seats would be moving in all directions, that's what would be up, down, left, and right...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the AA board, although I have been over on the BA board for some time. I have just booked a trip and was wondering if I can have some advice?

I have just booked ATH-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-JFK-LHR-ATH in F (apart from the ATH-LHR & LHR-ATH which is in Club Europe). Looking at the scheules, I leave JFK at 20:30 on the evening of 6th March, and arrive just after midnight at 00.09 on the morning of the 7th. I then have a flight from LAX to LAS at 16.55 on the 7th. Out of curiousity, will the fact that my Transcontinental flight will be in F allow me to access the Flagship lounge for the flight to LAS, later in the day? In other words, is it the Departure date of the Trans con, or the Arrival date of the Trans con that dictates? Now just have to work out which seats are best on the JFK-LAX and LAX to JFK flights :-)

Thanks!

Sheppy26
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Save your JFK-LAX boarding pass. When you enter the AC/FL in advance of your LAX-LAS flight, present the JFK-LAX pass. I'm almost certain it'll just prompt the agent to let you in and grant you access to Flagship First Dining. Sure, it's a "long connection" or whatever but AA is pretty good about lounge access applying across an itinerary in situations like this, in my experience. (Honestly, scanning the LAX-LAS boarding pass might work but I'd stick with the FFD-access-granting one).
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
from aa.com Flagship Lounge Access Policy
"oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**"

If you're BAEC Gold, then you should get access regardless of your arrival into LAX.

And (arguably) you should get access if you were an AAEXP since your itinerary is not 'solely North American', but I have certainly been refused in this situation (though I didn't try to argue - I just went to a Oneworld Lounge instead).
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sheppy26
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the AA board, although I have been over on the BA board for some time. I have just booked a trip and was wondering if I can have some advice?

I have just booked ATH-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS-LAX-JFK-LHR-ATH in F (apart from the ATH-LHR & LHR-ATH which is in Club Europe). Looking at the scheules, I leave JFK at 20:30 on the evening of 6th March, and arrive just after midnight at 00.09 on the morning of the 7th. I then have a flight from LAX to LAS at 16.55 on the 7th. Out of curiousity, will the fact that my Transcontinental flight will be in F allow me to access the Flagship lounge for the flight to LAS, later in the day? In other words, is it the Departure date of the Trans con, or the Arrival date of the Trans con that dictates? Now just have to work out which seats are best on the JFK-LAX and LAX to JFK flights :-)

Thanks!

Sheppy26
With your BAEC Gold status, you have access regardless of arrival/departure times, as long departing flight is OW. Also, remember that you'll have access to the QF F Lounge located in TBIT which is accessible through an airside connector from T4. The only complication might be having access to the LAX Flagship First Dining prior to your LAS connection, but they might you in anyway due to the prior Transcon F flight the night before.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Dec 10, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle
Thanks! It's good to know!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:01 pm

Thanks! Very helpful! However I have just realised that I hadn't updated my profile as I am only Silver now, not Gold in the BA Exec Club, and technically I will have dropped even further to Bronze (OW Ruby) by then, although the actual card will still be valid. The TATL flight will trigger me back to Silver, but not sure if the system will catch up that quickly!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:04 pm

Thanks! I have just realised that I hadn't updated my profile as I am now BA Silver, not Gold. So if it all goes pear shaped on the way to LAS, there is always the flight back a few days later. Do you mean that the Transcontinental flight in F allows entry to the QF F lounge, or did you mean I would have been allowed due to my BA Gold?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Save your JFK-LAX boarding pass. When you enter the AC/FL in advance of your LAX-LAS flight, present the JFK-LAX pass. I'm almost certain it'll just prompt the agent to let you in and grant you access to Flagship First Dining. Sure, it's a "long connection" or whatever but AA is pretty good about lounge access applying across an itinerary in situations like this, in my experience. (Honestly, scanning the LAX-LAS boarding pass might work but I'd stick with the FFD-access-granting one).
Thank you! Very helpful advice! Sorry for the "double" reply - not quite got to grips with the quick reply versus quoting malarky!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
from aa.com Flagship Lounge Access Policy
"oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM
Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**"

If you're BAEC Gold, then you should get access regardless of your arrival into LAX.

And (arguably) you should get access if you were an AAEXP since your itinerary is not 'solely North American', but I have certainly been refused in this situation (though I didn't try to argue - I just went to a Oneworld Lounge instead).
Thanks! Very helpful! However I have just realised that I hadn't updated my profile as I am only Silver now, not Gold in the BA Exec Club, and technically I will have dropped even further to Bronze (OW Ruby) by then, although the actual card will still be valid. The TATL flight will trigger me back to Silver, but not sure if the system will catch up that quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.