Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AAdvantage Miles for Opening New Citibank Checking Account

I'm copying information from various posts that I found useful

1. So online transfers of funds from other banks (Bank of America) or Fidelity accounts will count as direct deposits - is that correct?
CORRECT

2. To get the 30K AA miles, does the Direct deposits have to be for a certain dollar amount? (I realize that there is a $30 monthly fee for the Gold acct if balance is not $50K)
NO MINIMUM DIRECT DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT

3. How long must the direct deposit funds remain with Citibank?
NO REQUIREMENT - NEEDS TO POST AND AFFECT YOUR BALANCE

4. For the debit purchases of $750, just choose the "credit" option instead of debit option at payment - is that correct?
I CHOSE CREDIT, OTHERS HAVE DONE DEBIT AND GOT MILES

5. Like the idea of purchasing a money order at Walmart (of course, depends on the fee). So has this be acceptable to meet the debit purchase of $750 for the offer?
YES

6. Since there is a long delay in getting the account info, checks, and debit card when opening an account online, should I just go into a branch in person to open such an account - is this an option? If not, does Citibank adjust the "60 day from account opening" if you notify them when the materials are not received for several weeks.

YOU CAN GO TO BRANCH TO OPEN ACCOUNT, TAKE OFFER CODE WITH YOU

Does it require Credit Pull?
No. It's a soft pull. However, you will be denied if your credit reports are frozen.

Easiest ways to meet requirements
One single WM MO to meet the spend requirement, and DD was met by ACH from Amazon Payments.
Print Wikipost

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ferit
does anybody know if account type can be changed over the phone? citibank decided to change my account to require a minimum fee after they closed all the branches in my city.
I changed mine by phone. I currently have a "free" Citi account that requires one direct deposit + one bill pay per month. Not sure why I keep it open with 3% forex fees but I suppose it provides a backup in the event my primary ATM card is compromised.

Last edited by Microwave; Mar 29, 2014 at 1:34 am Reason: Added quote for continuity post move
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by ferit
does anybody know if account type can be changed over the phone? citibank decided to change my account to require a minimum fee after they closed all the branches in my city.
This post and its reply have been moved into this thread, which is the extant consolidated thread discussing mileage-earning Citibank accounts.

Can you please clarify that your question relates to a Citi checking account related in some way to AA? I believe the only miles still available are signup bonuses; if correct it would mean that the above question is well off topic for an airline forum since there aren't any AA-mile-earning Citi accounts left. Please feel free to correct me if I'm off on this assumption.

~Moderator
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:10 pm

Can we use Venmo or Amazon Payments to satisfy the $750 debit card spend?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo
In the past, Citibank told me that in order to get a new Citibank checking bonus, I must be a new customer. They told me that a new customer was someone who did not have an account within the last 90 days. This information is 2 years old.

Does anyone have a current data point on obtaining a new checking account bonus?
http://www.miamidade.gov/enet_discou...y/citibank.pdf

"If you have received a bonus reward for opening a new Citibank consumer checking account within the past two years you will not be eligible to receive a bonus associated with this offer".

The wording is the same for almost all Citigold promo now. In 2012 the requirement was only 12 months.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Thanks for this info.. I have 4 AA cards now and my recent card triggered another 30k offer.

I closed my account in January.. I'll have to wait until July.

Trouble with the offer is sometimes they don't allow you to sign up online and going to the bank can kill a couple of hours during working hours. Requirements were quite easy but there is a long waiting time before the miles post.

Anyway, I'll still do it again for 30k AA miles.
Are you sure you can get a new checking account and bonus within only six months?
Old May 8, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Newest Offer Code valid until 6/30/14

...is DON420QL3X.

For new checking accounts opened by 6/30/14. Within 60 days of account opening complete the following banking activities:

1) One qualifying bill payment from the new checking account for 2 consecutive calendar months

2) Spend $750 worth of debit card purchases

Miles wiill be credited to your AA account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you complete all offer requirements.

Not valid for customers that have received a bonus from opening a Citi checking account in the last 2 years.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:50 pm

Up to 30K American Airlines Miles for Checking Account?

Anyone have more details on this deal? e.g. where did gleff get the screenshot in the following blog post. I see a promo code of DON42OQL3X listed, but googling the promo code only brings up View From the Wing. Exclusive to that blog? Or just first scoop?

Up to 30K American Airlines Miles for Checking Account
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...cking-account/

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; May 11, 2014 at 6:13 am Reason: Typo--View from the WinG not View from the WinE
Old May 10, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Anyone have more details on this deal? e.g. where did gleff get the screenshot in the following blog post. I see a promo code of DON42OQL3X listed, but googling the promo code only brings up View From the Wine. Exclusive to that blog? Or just first scoop?

<removed circular link post merge>

www.offer.citibank.com and enter the code.

Last edited by Microwave; May 11, 2014 at 1:09 am
Old May 10, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Interesting, although the account balance requirements for Citigold are pretty high - as are the potential fees - if this ends up being a less than stellar service.
Old May 10, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Is Citi still issuing a 1099 for these?
Old May 11, 2014, 1:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Anyone have more details on this deal? e.g. where did gleff get the screenshot in the following blog post. I see a promo code of DON42OQL3X listed, but googling the promo code only brings up View From the Wine. Exclusive to that blog? Or just first scoop?

As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old May 11, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
<removed circular link post merge>

www.offer.citibank.com and enter the code.
Thanks dgreen!
Old May 11, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by ellinj
Is Citi still issuing a 1099 for these?
Curious to know this as well.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
...is DON420QL3X.
This code doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any ideas?
Old May 11, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by compson
This code doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any ideas?
Just worked for me! Using Opera browser. Clean cache and cookies may help.
https://online.citibank.com/JRSAO/ao...ode=DON42OQL3X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.