Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AAdvantage Miles for Opening New Citibank Checking Account

I'm copying information from various posts that I found useful

1. So online transfers of funds from other banks (Bank of America) or Fidelity accounts will count as direct deposits - is that correct?
CORRECT

2. To get the 30K AA miles, does the Direct deposits have to be for a certain dollar amount? (I realize that there is a $30 monthly fee for the Gold acct if balance is not $50K)
NO MINIMUM DIRECT DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT

3. How long must the direct deposit funds remain with Citibank?
NO REQUIREMENT - NEEDS TO POST AND AFFECT YOUR BALANCE

4. For the debit purchases of $750, just choose the "credit" option instead of debit option at payment - is that correct?
I CHOSE CREDIT, OTHERS HAVE DONE DEBIT AND GOT MILES

5. Like the idea of purchasing a money order at Walmart (of course, depends on the fee). So has this be acceptable to meet the debit purchase of $750 for the offer?
YES

6. Since there is a long delay in getting the account info, checks, and debit card when opening an account online, should I just go into a branch in person to open such an account - is this an option? If not, does Citibank adjust the "60 day from account opening" if you notify them when the materials are not received for several weeks.

YOU CAN GO TO BRANCH TO OPEN ACCOUNT, TAKE OFFER CODE WITH YOU

Does it require Credit Pull?
No. It's a soft pull. However, you will be denied if your credit reports are frozen.

Easiest ways to meet requirements
One single WM MO to meet the spend requirement, and DD was met by ACH from Amazon Payments.
Print Wikipost

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by adschnei
I was able to call and confirm I have met the requirements and that when this statement cuts, I have 90 days until I receive my bonus. Crossing my fingers!

I signed up 2/25, completed obligations on 3/11 and it appears my 2nd statement should cut 3/27. So hopefully by 6/25 (or earlier) I receive the 30k!

Is it strange that my 1st statement was issued 2 days after I opened the account on 2/27?
My miles posted on May 11th, 60 days to the day after I met my obligations! Now to close the account and pay the $25 fee. (I luckily have yet to get charged $30/month for the account, even though I don't have 50k in there). Anyone know if I can do that online, would love to not have to go in to a branch!
Old May 25, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by compson
FWIW, attorneys and CPA's get the Citigold package for free, without the minimum balance requirement.

Last edited by euromannn; May 25, 2015 at 2:34 pm Reason: worthless want to delete
Old May 25, 2015, 2:48 pm

Just want to make sure that the code will work even if I didnt receive a targeted email from citibank. I do have their AA credit card...

Thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 9:56 pm

Wow, wonderful resource!

Two Questions:

1. Are there currently any 50k offers floating around? I recently received the 30k offer in the mail.

2. For BARCLAYS cards (specifically U.S. Airways/AAviator) is there confirmation that using these cards for the initial loading of the checking account counts as a purchase and earns miles? If so, wonderful timing now with the 1.5x promo...

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2015, 10:37 am

How do you get the fee waived for being a CPA/lawyer? I searched but couldn't find anything.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:13 pm

After contacting CITI about having met the requirements, I also get the letter stating that I have satisfied the requirements and that it will take up to 90 days for my miles to post. Is there a typical timeframe for when the miles actually post? Would be nice to avoid the $30 monthly.

The recent data points from the last round (around Nov-Jan timeframe) are mixed:
* Post #917 - 70 days
* Post #921 - 83 days
* Post #995 - 1 day - but I guess in his case the miles were already over the 90 day window.
* Post #1036 - 60 days exactly

Additional data points after this post:
* Post #1043 - 75 days

My timeline:
End of Mar - Opened account
5/6 - Met 2 bill pay requirement
5/19 - Met minimum $750 debit card spend
6/4 - Went on Citi secure chat; Investigation requested
6/5 - Got reply with PDF indicating I would get miles up to 90 days of meeting requirements

Last edited by travellingpinoy; Jun 13, 2015 at 6:49 am
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Willbur
How do you get the fee waived for being a CPA/lawyer? I searched but couldn't find anything.
While looking back for more data points on my question above, the answer to your question came up in Post #971. According to the fine print, this is for CitiBusiness checking customers who are:
(1) Accounting professionals and CPAs who are owners or employees of an accounting firm that is a customer in the CitiBusiness Solutions for Accounting Professionals Program; or
(2) Attorneys who are owners or employees of law firm customers.

Originally Posted by KKR
Thanks for the explanation. For future reference, I was able to find them here:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...gProfessionals

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...D=CitiBizLegal

Looks like we do need to have a Citi Business account.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
my miles post. i believe it was around 75 days after meeting requirements.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Originally Posted by carmat4
Just want to make sure that the code will work even if I didnt receive a targeted email from citibank. I do have their AA credit card...

Thanks
I called this afternoon to try and take advantage of this offer. The CSR was helpful, but very concerned that I had actually received the target email (I had not).

She referenced my zip code and told me that there were no promos available for my zip code (there are no Citi Bank locations that I can find in Georgia).

I asked if there were any other offers that I could qualify for - but she couldn't find anything. Rather then tie up my money for 3-5 months for a service that i didn't really want (just doing it for the miles), I passed.

If anyone else, has had any success with this promo from Georgia - please post your experience.

Thanks!

Lov2fly
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
After contacting CITI about having met the requirements, I also get the letter stating that I have satisfied the requirements and that it will take up to 90 days for my miles to post. Is there a typical timeframe for when the miles actually post? Would be nice to avoid the $30 monthly.
I never received a letter, should I be concerned? I did speak with an agent over the phone confirming that I had met the requirements. When does the $30 monthly fee start kicking in? I don't want to pay that while I wait!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:18 am

Does anyone think the deadline will be extended again past June 30th? I can't make the deadline due to having to wait on Citi updating my AA card with my new AA number.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by compddd
Does anyone think the deadline will be extended again past June 30th? I can't make the deadline due to having to wait on Citi updating my AA card with my new AA number.
I just applied a few days ago and don't recall being asked for Citi card number....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
I just applied a few days ago and don't recall being asked for Citi card number....
There is no field on the application to enter your AA number in. The way they get the miles to you is to match the SSN on the checking account application to the SSN and AA number on your Citi AA card.

Otherwise how do they know where to deposit the miles?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
There is no field on the application to enter your AA number in. The way they get the miles to you is to match the SSN on the checking account application to the SSN and AA number on your Citi AA card.

Otherwise how do they know where to deposit the miles?
That's what I thought. Which is why I may have misunderstood OP's question about the AA card since there's is no obvious connection I could find from the AA card to the Citi Gold checking application. Unless I have missed something...

Last edited by Bluebirdie; Jun 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:11 am

any new code still alive?

Any code still work in June/July 2015?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.