Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary drink & snack in economy for EXP & CK (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Complimentary Drink and Snack in AA Main Cabin for Executive Platinum, oneworld Emerald and Concierge Key

from post #357 by flight62, 4 Oct 2015:

Beginning October 17 (2015), Executive Platinum and Concierge Key customers (EP/KEY) traveling in the Main Cabin on former LUS metal may select any complimentary food item from the MarketPlace menu, including snack boxes and fresh food offerings on applicable flights.

The recognition benefit will then be fully aligned on both carriers to include: À la carte snacks, snack boxes, fresh meals, beer, spirits and non-premium wine.

Enhancements will be introduced to the MyFlight application on your tablet in early November which will allow you to identify customer frequent flier status. Until then, reference final paperwork per current procedures. It is important that you continue to use the “EP/KEY” complimentary reason code to record these transactions. This step ensures we provision adequate inventory to support the program.

Thank you for recognizing our most valued customers for their loyalty to American through this expanded benefit.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage and one snack flying in Main Cabin (or MCE) on American Airlines or American Eagle. Undocumented, but in the Flight Attendant manual, it seems to include all oneworld Emerald members; see below.

Internal AA documentation specifies (shown in reverse status order):

Complimentary Items

Executive Platinum or Concierge Key:
  • One comp drink
  • One comp food-for-sale item
AAirpass:
  • 2 comp drinks, which may be served to the cardholder and/or companion
  • 1 comp pair of earbuds, or 2 pairs if traveling with a companion
  • 1 comp food-for-sale item, 2 items if traveling with a companion
Language (Dec 2014) from the AA website:

Originally Posted by American Airlines

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US

Refresh and Relax

AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and ConciergeKeySM members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin on board American Airlines, American Eagle®, US Airways, and US Airways Express. The snack on American includes any food item on our menu. The snack on US Airways includes any item from our à la carte menu.

Here's What You Do

At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey membership card. It's that simple!

What's on the Menu

We continue to revitalize our menu items to deliver an array of fresh and convenient sweet and savory snacks and meals on board our flights. This includes items* such as a chicken Caesar salad or one of our premium sandwiches – both served with chips. You can also treat yourself with hand crafted cookies, a fruit and cheese plate, or a gourmet blend of spiced nuts – which can be perfectly paired with a domestic or imported ice cold beer, a red or white wine from select California and international wineries, or an alcoholic beverage of your choice.

*Eligible customers may select any snack available on board any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.

Post editor's emphases.

*Standard alcoholic beverage is one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine. Items may vary.

NOTE: an AA FA (see Post 249) says:

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Actually OWE is listed in our policies to receive a comp ala carte snack and beverage as well as CP, ExPLT and Concierge Key. They are all listed on our manifest as OWE

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: ARCHIVE: Free Wine drink and/or minor snack for EXP in Mainline Y

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic

Guess now it is "official"

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/complimentary.jsp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

2014: policy has been modified to include US Airways and US Airways Express. PLEASE SEE WIKI FOR UPDATES.

13 March 2012: Official email announcement from AA, along with new web page: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/complimentary.jsp

A few relevant passages from the site:

HAVE A SNACK AND DRINK ON US
AAdvantage Executive Platinum® and ConciergeKey® members can enjoy a complimentary* beverage from our standard alcoholic selections as well as one of our snacks or meals, where available, when flying in the Main Cabin onboard American Airlines and American Eagle.

*Eligible customers may select any snack or meal available onboard any flight where food is available and one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine on a complimentary basis. Items may vary.
Here's What You Do
At the time of your order, just present your AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member card or boarding pass, or your ConciergeKey® membership card. It's that simple!

To view the archived thread/discussion, please see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html

AA Forum Moderators

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 6, 2014 at 2:16 pm Reason: edited mod note, added wiki
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Yes, I just got the same email. So now it is a stated benefit and no reason why a FA should refuse a request or act like they have no idea of what we are talking about.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
^

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
...no reason why a FA should refuse a request or act like they have no idea of what we are talking about.
Not necessarily. Probably a good idea to print and carry a copy, just in case.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:13 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I just got the email with that announcement. My jaw dropped, and I almost fell out of my chair!

Finally - an official announcements...hopefully we won't have too many members reporting back with the usual "the FA on my flight didn't know about the benefit and tried to swipe my EXP card through the card reader" stories.

I'll get the mod note in the OP updated shortly. /Moderator
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Excellent! ^
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:19 pm

The email says "we are pleased to remind you"; I found this amusing both because it was an unpublished benefit and because I don't feel like I was the one who needed to be reminded! Perhaps it was distributed to the FA's at the same time...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Let us just hope it is not a prelude to some other EXP devaluation or a gesture to soften the blow. Not that I like looking cynical but I do not take for granted the idea of AA being nice for the sake of being nice.

Of course, this happening the week of DL having its major expansion ever at LGA might be a reason; I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Of course, this happening the week of DL having its major expansion ever at LGA might be a reason; I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.
Since I am in Chicago, it seems this was sent systemwide...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Let us just hope it is not a prelude to some other EXP devaluation or a gesture to soften the blow. Not that I like looking cynical but I do not take for granted the idea of AA being nice for the sake of being nice.
Cynical indeed. I doubt AA is going to devalue EXP (other than the glut of new EXPs from DEQM promotions) at least prior to exiting BK.

I wonder whether the email was sent system-wide or primarily to residents of the NY area.
I received it and my address is SFO.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
This is a preemptive move by AA to soften the blow when they announce EXPs will no longer get free domestic upgrades! So instead of enjoying your snack/beverage in F, you can now enjoy it in Y!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Supposely AA reviews posts on FT for feedback. So maybe after more than 900 posts to this thread AA finally realized it needed to make (or not make) this a published benefit.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!

Same here, my home airport is LAX.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:51 pm

This is a preemptive move by AA to soften the blow when they announce EXPs will no longer get free domestic upgrades! So instead of enjoying your snack/beverage in F, you can now enjoy it in Y!
Heh. I'm hoping to not have to take advantage of this benefit.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:17 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
now its "official" free food and drink in y for exps

I just received an email, "officially" stating (what we fter's have known (unofficially) for a long time): free food and drink item in y for exps.^
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by nrr
I just received an email, "officially" stating (what we fter's have known (unofficially) for a long time): free food and drink item in y for exps.^
can you post the text of said email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.