Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times have you been upgraded on AF/KL ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
One more upgrade for me on the CDG-LHR route which had the Y slightly overbooked by 2-3 passengers.
Unfortunately, it wasn't the flight operated by the 787...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:18 am

Two people on KL1246 CDG-AMS got an in-flight upgrade last Tuesday. Luckily, one of them was seated next to me at the window. Unluckily, it wasn't me. The guy next to me was platinum at least, dunno about the other one.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Opup quite a few times when gold. Nothing since I got platinum. opups for a couple of silver on current flight.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Not a single time on any European flight. 3 years Gold.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
0 out of 85 flights past 1,5 year
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I went on a vacation to Vienna in the beginning of this month: I flew CPH-AMS-VIE, and my first flight was delayed, which only left me around 20 minutes to reach my flight from AMS to VIE, and they simply had no time to load my suitcase on my final flight. The suitcase was delivered to me the day after, and I guess as a compensation for what happened I've got upgraded for a Business Class on both my flights home. I'm pretty sure that was the reason.

So maybe it's not so bad to have a delayed luggage once in a while after all ;-) It's pretty nice to pay some small money for Economy Comfort but to fly Business ;-)
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Got an op-up from W to J at the gate several weeks ago on AF ORD-CDG. This was the 330 with 2-2-2 angled seats, so not one I would have paid extra for, but nice nonetheless.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:04 pm

After 3 segments within EU (2 KL 1 AF) in 3 days where the flight was full and saw people being OpUp to J I have a suspicion:
It seems that in order to be OpUp you have to book directly with AF and KL.
- All my OpUps were on tickets booked direct
- I saw lower tiers upgraded while I wasn't on the full flights I didn't book direct

Did someone here got OpUp on a ticket booked with a tiers website on a medium-haul flight?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Its been a few years but I've had 2 or 3 op ups from W to J flying CDG-Asia. All of those tickets were booked direct with AF on the www site. My status was DL Diamond in all three cases. Never gotten op uped from US to or from CDG.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
After 3 segments within EU (2 KL 1 AF) in 3 days where the flight was full and saw people being OpUp to J I have a suspicion:
- I saw lower tiers upgraded while I wasn't on the full flights I didn't book direct

Did someone here got OpUp on a ticket booked with a tiers website on a medium-haul flight?
the booking channel has no impact. What you observed was pure coincidence.
I have been upgraded both on direct AF bookings (personal trips) and on external parties AF bookings (corporate travels using Egencia)
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
the booking channel has no impact. What you observed was pure coincidence.
I have been upgraded both on direct AF bookings (personal trips) and on external parties AF bookings (corporate travels using Egencia)
Thanks for the feedback!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:30 am

Upgraded twice this year on intra europe flights. Can't remember the fare class I originally booked.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Just got upgraded on my AMS-BRU flight! What a true pleasure it was. I really enjoyed my plastic cup with water before takeoff!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by Mirk

I have exactly the same experience and think there is a link between how flights are booked and your chances of being upgraded. Flights I book myself, mostly for private use, are highly likely to be upgraded. Flights booked through the corporate travel agency are never upgraded.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I got an OpUp on a ticket for a long-haul flight with CZ booked in Y through Expedia, going from CDG to SYD. The first segment was the only one operated by AF and I was upgraded from Y to W. A pleasant surprise, even more so as the ticket was booked through a third-party website with a partner airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.