Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times have you been upgraded on AF/KL ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I got an upgrade on my two most recent flights. I'm a LTPE, my flying pattern is pretty regular, and in both instances the flight was simply overbooked. It's summer.

Johan
Yeah - but I never got bip-bip on boarding in Summer 2015 or Summer 2014.... (on some painfully full flights...). Both of last weeks flights were on routes that are fairly premium heavy/tourist light (e.g. Hamburg). I was used to them always upgrading some gold card holder rather than me....
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsfr
Yeah - but I never got bip-bip on boarding in Summer 2015 or Summer 2014.
Can't recall for sure whether I got any gate upgrades the past two summers, but if I did then certainly not more than one or two.

Johan
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:24 am

On Sunday, my wife and I were upgraded CDG-AMS, not a huge uplift, but welcome all the same. I was offered the chance to buy it, on the check in online, but declied and got them anyway at the gate.

Result !
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
2 Short-haul upgrades for me this year, one on 27th of feb on AMS-BHX and one more on the 9th of July on AMS-TLS

Both times because the economy was full.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
FB Gold here for several years (Plat before that).

Got upgraded once on a DPS-SIN (KLM) with all my family, was quite a nice treat to take my parents on vacation in business class, they loved it. Since these were FB award tickets, it was even better!

Reason: Eco was full

Also got bumped up on a PRG-CDG 2 months ago on CZK Airlines (codeshare AF).

Reason: Eco was full

Upgrade on AF in the past 6 years: 0.

2008-9 was a real party, after the global crisis and mostly empty business classes cabins when AF had just reorganized its strategy to cater to business class in priority.

I booked "round the world" award (160K miles at that times) and ended up being upgraded to business on 5 of my 6 legs. I would check in in eco, and by the time I reach the lounge, my business class ticket was already waiting for me!

Julien
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Same here. I've been either plat or gold since 2009, however opups almost never happen. I fly a lot long distance on expensive Y tickets, sometimes at the same price as discounted C. Roughly 40 KL flights a year. Last time I got upgraded was 5 years ago? Until last month, when I travelled at a cheap as can be ticket to PRG, I believe I paid 125 euro gor a return. That flight was upgraded....

I really don't understand this...
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: FB PFL
4th opup in less than a month on AF long haul flight, this time cdg-jnb from PE (A) to J .. packed flight. am going to forget what the back of the bus looks like if they keep the trend up!
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Just summer time, guys!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
I have been upgraded many many times when flying personally. Sometimes it happened in advance of arriving at the airport, sometimes at checkin, and also after having boarded. One time from ORD to AMS they were just getting ready to close the door and the purser came up to me and said we have another seat for you. Another time from ORD to AMS they offered me an upgrade for miles at checkin and I declined. When I got to the gate they upgraded me anyway and for zero miles.

KLM is great!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
No upgrades in the last 7 years despite hundreds of KL flights, now already two this summer. Yesterday got the upgrade on the KQ operated NBO-AMS flight. Can we make it an endless summer please?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by troje
Can we make it an endless summer please?
Agreed, got another upgrade last friday on a short trip between BHX and AMS.
Although that I usually avoid travelling too much during summer as the fares are much higher than the rest of the year.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
The missus, child and myself all upgraded to J from PE, CDG-DEL in early August. Granted it was the A330, but definitely thankful for it. I dont know how it works usually, but all three of us received our J boarding passes the night before the mid-morning departure. No status.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I've been upgraded twice to Business Class in 2015. Back then I used to be a FB Silver. I have no idea why it happened to me, but it was nice regardless

Have no idea if my newly-achieved Gold level would help me to get some extra benefits as well. According to what other members tell, it's not very likely.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KL4805
According to what other members tell, it's not very likely.
Indeed, unlikely regarding op-ups. But Gold will bring you Sky Priority and lounge access, and those are big +.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed, unlikely regarding op-ups. But Gold will bring you Sky Priority and lounge access, and those are big +.
It's nice to regain my access to the SP benefits, which have been taken away from the Silvers earlier this year (yet, I've made 8 KLM flights between January and March without even noticing it, LOL. Only in April, when I was on my way home from AMS and had to proceed to the security check, I was told that Silver members no longer can go through the fast security line, because Silver is not a SP anymore). The only difference I noticed was the lack of the "Sky Priority" label on my suitcases, but it didn't bother me much, as this label does not always guarantee a fast luggage delivery anyway, and many times before I had to wait for my (priority-market) suitcase which was delivered after many of the "ordinary" suitcases, so what's the point to cry about the lack of some label which often doesn't even guarantee any benefits/time saving?

And by the way: I only become Gold less than 2 weeks ago, and I'm going to fly KL on the 17th of December. I pourchased my tickets back in September, when I still was Silver. Do you have an idea if already then I can fly as a Gold, or am I going to be considered a Silver while making all the flights I booked before I achieved my status upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.