Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times have you been upgraded on AF/KL ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: FB Gold
I've been upgraded from Y to W on a CDG-SFO last month. Flight was full in Y, so I assume my Plat status helped this time.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:11 pm

Maybe 4 times..
only on kl never on af
only short flights always
Ath Ams with my girlfriend she is silver
str ams 3 times one with a friend he was silver
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
last week

WAW-AMS = 50 euros
AMS-PTY = 500 euros

rejected both offers
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Got upgraded from eco to business last friday on KL flight AAL-AMS My third flight as FB Plat. Not so bad, hoping it will continue !
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by Festou
Got upgraded from eco to business last friday on KL flight AAL-AMS My third flight as FB Plat. Not so bad, hoping it will continue !
Sorry to undermine you, but no! It will be quite the opposite sadly - unless you are extremely lucky
Hope you enjoyed the experience though.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: FB PFL
NBO/CDG , AF metal, KQ stock, from Y to PE, 2 pax, 1 plat, 1 silver.. flight attendent came and said my request for an upgrade had been granted... I politely said I didn't request anything.. she looked at me like I had said something wrong!!! "you must have forgotten ... let me show your new seats "
great service ! and the PE in the dreamliner is actually not bad at all, especially on a day flight..
Fabo.sk, newflyer27, Thysk and 1 others like this.

Last edited by africanfrog; Oct 16, 2019 at 5:24 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: FB Plat
I got upgraded on a TXL->AMS flight last week. And they lost my checked luggage, so my karma has been balanced.
Porcepic, Thysk and Festou like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:56 am

I got upgraded from Eco to PE on a CDG to LOS flight this week ! It was an OP upgrade as the flight was clearly overbooked. They upgraded me at the gate and they mentionned they did it because I was Plat. Nice experience
Goldorak and HalconBCN like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
- During ATC strike earlier this month a "double" upgrade on 2 domestic sectors + XP gained related to the new travel class in J on both sectors.
- Last week travelled in PE instead of Y from CDG to JNB - It was much appreciated. So far this year, 3 upgrades out 10 flights with AF/KL.
Festou likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/1.4MM, Marriott Titanium Elite, TSA Pre✓, Global Entry
Offered 299 Euros tomorrow Y to W for BOS-CDG. Does anyone know if seats available the offer will be available at the gate?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kerrymac747
Offered 299 Euros tomorrow Y to W for BOS-CDG. Does anyone know if seats available the offer will be available at the gate?
it depends on the availability. It might be for the same price at check in. I would not expect it to be cheaper. For Y+ I'd rather drink a bit more in lounge and keep the 300E..
Wil973 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:34 pm

I have been a Platinum for 3 years now, mostly flying Y long-haul. The only free upgrade I ever got was on a CDG-FRA (!) where the middle seat isn’t even blocked
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I have been gold or platinum since the end of 2009 continuously. Got one upgrade on an AMS-GVA for my first KLM flight in early 2009 due to a missed connection in AMS, and had no status at that time (my Fokker 50 from BRU got there late). Got one time and upgrade to premium economy on a GVA-CDG sometime in 2013. And then... Nothing. I asked once (being gold) in AMS to get an emergency exit seat for free on an AMS-LYS which had both rows empty and the two customer-friendly gate agents in AMS looked at me like if I was about to commit a crime. Maybe because I interrupted their private conversation? At the end the emergency exits got assigned to some non status passengers,who who did not understand English and did not know they could not put anything under the emergency exit seats. Same goes for the economy plus seats. They prefer to give them for free to the ones showing at the last minute rather than prioritizing their gold/silver members during OLCI. But stupid me, I keep flying with them anyway for short-haul, but always alone, since any travel partner cannot take advantage from my platinum benefits. On the other hand, I switched most of my long haul flights to BA/AA since 2012 and being a gold member with BA, I got upgraded dozens of times from Y to W or from W to J and even recently from J to F. And no drama if I want the entire family being seated on an emergency exit without cost or if I have a 25kg suit case...
Wil973, PeteM01 and Festou like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:45 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by palmanfr
And no drama if I want the entire family being seated on an emergency exit without cost or if I have a 25kg suit case...
Try checking in a suitcase when you book a light fare, AF is better by that regard: as FB Elite, you get a bag on AF KL, no matter the fare. But for heavy bags, oneworld status is by far the best. The worst seems to be Miles and More: no bag on their light fare and no heavy bag allowance on other economy fares.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ranskis
Try checking in a suitcase when you book a light fare, AF is better by that regard: as FB Elite, you get a bag on AF KL, no matter the fare. But for heavy bags, oneworld status is by far the best. The worst seems to be Miles and More: no bag on their light fare and no heavy bag allowance on other economy fares.
Agree on everything, especially about Miles and More / *G benefits on LH group... Each program has it's pro's and con's. But I was astonished to see that I had to pay 90€ to "upgrade" my GF last month (I am FB Play so I don't have to pay for this) travelling on the same booking as me on a KL flight between AMS and MCT to see that one hour after take off a lot of passengers got upgraded - for free. After asking the "customer care" if we could both get economy comfort on the way back "for free" as a commercial gesture (literally no cost for KLM) I was told to pound sand and that I got what I paid for (the crew can at their discretion upgrade passengers for free the email adds). The same show of free upgrades happened on the way back, but not for us... Therefore AF/KL is no longer my airline of choice when travelling long haul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.