Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times have you been upgraded on AF/KL ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
ca. 4 pax op-upped at the gate today on BCN-AMS, including myself. the flight was heavily overbooked.
i found it interesting that one of the op-upped was a DL elite; as I heard his loud conversation with the purser. I hope no FB golds were left behind 🙄
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
I hope no FB golds were left behind 🙄
not sure...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by rfrn
Upgraded last week JFK-CDG from Y to W.
Things got even more shocking now, got an upgrade to J on the return on KL, AMS-JFK. This time was given new boarding pass at the gate when trying to board. After no upgrade for about 10 years, 2 in a row.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Do you have status with Flying Blue/ST?
FB gold.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
only once :-/

Just once from Y to First on a domestic Delta flight at boarding gate (JFK-MSY) last November (five month after turning FB Gold). Highly appreciated after a first flight (CDG-JFK) in Y.
0 upgrade with Air France or KLM (Elite or Elite+ since 2013).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It happens sometimes, last was on 25th Dec STR-AMS. The DL flight went tech so flights to AMS &CDG were filled up trying get pax home. As my new seatmate on the E175 was a large grumpy guy with hygiene issues I'd have preferred my original seat one row back
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
In 2018, I have be upgrade from PE "A" to J, 5 times (1 x CDG-YUL, 4x between CDG-PVG (or PVG-CDG)).
All of them using my Skymiles Diamond card on AF flight.
I have be upgrade MUCH more in 1.5 years on AF , using my skymiles cards. Thank in 5 years with a Platinum flying Blue (only 2x).
From the information I ask to FA, it look (I come to this conclusion), SM Diamond, look to be between FB Platinum and FB Platinum Ultimate in the upgrade priority on AF.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:09 am

I was wondering if buying a Siege+ or a Meal before my AF flights would lower my chance to be upgraded? Thanks (and sorry if a similar thread has already been answered).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
For KL I can tell that ordering special meals (low dat, vegetarian etc) even excluded me from paid upgrades. Platinum service line told me that the meal is linked to your seat and therefore, they avoid moving you around.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by arjen05
For KL I can tell that ordering special meals (low dat, vegetarian etc) even excluded me from paid upgrades. Platinum service line told me that the meal is linked to your seat and therefore, they avoid moving you around.
Yes, we experienced this earlier this year. My requires a GF meal and the only option for a paid upgrade was for myself. I never got an actual explanation as you did.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I had an op. upgrade this morning on DUS-CDG operated by Hop ! It was my second this year so far. There was quite a bit of catering and I couldn't manage it all so early in the morning. So, my statistics are 6 KL flights (1 op up), 2 AF flights (1 op up), 4 AZ flights (0 op up). These were all short European flights.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Last Friday AMS-LHR by KLM from Eco Comfort to Business Class for me and my wife, both Platinum.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:03 am

I've had a good couple of dozen upgrades over the past 2 years, mostly Cityhoper, but also few medium euro flights. Also, got an upgrade on an overnight LAS-JFK Delta flight recently, which was unexpected. FB Plat.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by arjen05
I've done DoD upgrades without issue when this was the case though. My parents had a champagne breakfast ordered in Y but there was no problem when I was DoD upgrading them.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:59 am

I've been upgraded from Eco (light fare) to Business this month on a CDG-LED flight on AF (my electronic boarding pass was updated while I was sipping cocktails at the 2E - L gates lounge :-) ).
It surprised me since there were still available seats in Y after boarding was complete.
Something else questioned me: when CI on line, the day before departure, I was proposed a 109€ upgrade to J while my friend I was traveling with (on a different booking reference) was proposed a 509€ upgrade for the same seat (we both obtained our Gold status at the same time and usually travel together, so same flyer profiles). Any idea why such a difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.