Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Dear TXL LH F check-in b!tch. You suck.

And TXL continues to be a real piece of woolly mammoth dung.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Dear TXL LH F check-in b!tch. You suck.

And TXL continues to be a real piece of woolly mammoth dung.
Reading your posts allows me to share a small fraction of the frustration you must feel given your extensive travel. How you have any hair left on your head is beyond me! =)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by honeybees
Thank you everyone. I was told that there was only 2 places in N. America with it when asked where else has that system. Guess that person was wrong. =P

Also! I recently learned that the World Trade Center also now has this system!
Elevator in our Bucharest office has that system too (yes, I know, Bucharest is not in North America!!)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
UPX wifi is good quality... unlike the MLLs.

(and I write this from the UPX!)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What's UPX?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What's UPX?

The new Union-Pearson Express train.

https://www.upexpress.com/
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, this is the first time this has happened to me... considering the amount of travel I do I guess it is pretty good that this is the first time...

I had a J cabin revenue booking (Z/C fares) to ABQ in October - I just took a look at the itin on ac.com and it now shows the booking has been cancelled... does this happen to you guys often? I see most threads deal with cancelled AE awards but rarely any cancelled bookings that are way in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by 24left
The new Union-Pearson Express train.

https://www.upexpress.com/
Ah. I'm familiar with the train, just not the UPX acronym, thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: *$ Green
Well, this is the first time this has happened to me... considering the amount of travel I do I guess it is pretty good that this is the first time...

I had a J cabin revenue booking (Z/C fares) to ABQ in October - I just took a look at the itin on ac.com and it now shows the booking has been cancelled... does this happen to you guys often? I see most threads deal with cancelled AE awards but rarely any cancelled bookings that are way in advance.
You going on vacation?

Did you call to see what was wrong with the booking? Was it rejected by ticketing? Route cancelled? Double you T eff?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:12 am

So I'm sitting in the United Club at EWR (the one with showers).

The food selection is very MLL-esque.

For this time of day, it's missing sandwiches/pasta/whatever, but gone are the individually wrapped cheeses. There's hummus, soup, etc.

I was disappointed they wouldn't serve me booze on the ground at YYZ, but I guess that's a customs thing?

We'll see how my almost-p.s. (757 with "pods" flying EWR-SFO, but not technically p.s.) goes, but I'm salivating over the sundae bar :3
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
The MLL's I've been to have been heaven relative to the Air India lounges I've seen.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanRulez
The MLL's I've been to have been heaven relative to the Air India lounges I've seen.
The Porsches I've driven have been heaven relative to the Ford Pintos I've driven.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
MLL > UA. (even with the food improvements)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM
The Porsches I've driven have been heaven relative to the Ford Pintos I've driven.
The Porsches I've driven have been identical to the Ford Pintos I have driven - i.e. non-existent
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.