Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Nestor
Any thoughts on this?
Well, it only gives silver status so that's no good !
Currently sitting in the lounge at Sofitel Nusa Dua. Wonderful
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Well, it only gives silver status so that's no good !
Currently sitting in the lounge at Sofitel Nusa Dua. Wonderful
How are the lounge benefits ?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nestor
the change has been clearly communicated ahead of time
Not really.

1.) I don't regard Accor's claim to be "adding new benefits" as an example of clear communication. Accor could simply have written to CdA members and announced the change to the Le Club status they would enjoy in future. No one with a serious interest in Accor would have been surprised or upset.

2.) Three months' notice isn't really "ahead of time" for announcing changes to qualification requirements over a twelve month period.

I'm with most people here in not objecting to the core change at all. Free or easy Platinum cards dilute the status. But there should be some kind of transitional arrangement for CdA Platinum members in good standing.

One (easy) option would be to simply delay the downgrading to Gold for a year for those already in the CdA as at 1 March this year. Another would be to lower CdA members' Platinum target for 2015 by 30 nights and 10,000 points (i.e. the 'value' of the new CdA Gold status). That would be fair to CdA members with a reasonable track record of spending money with Accor and incentivise some of those who have been 'coasting'.

Do we have anyone's ear at Accor these days?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Am I the only one to have a pb reading this thread ? When I open it and click on "view first unread", it is the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua review thread that opens
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Am I the only one to have a pb reading this thread ? When I open it and click on "view first unread", it is the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua review thread that opens
That might have something to do with some posts having been moved to that thread as they OT.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
That might have something to do with some posts having been moved to that thread as they OT.
Should be that indeed. Thanks ^
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:04 am

Has anyone got in touch with Accor to ask about the 25000 points rule to keep platinum ?
Will they consider points credited in the last 12 months ? Since the CDA account was open?
The current balance of the account ?
Depending on the answer, I might lose status, go for a bed run, or simply keep status !
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:57 am
IMH

Has anyone got in touch with Accor to ask about the 25000 points rule to keep platinum ?
Yes. I submitted a message while logged in on their website and also reached out to Accor Concierge here at FT. No replies so far, but I only wrote yesterday (by which time Europe had already started the long bank holiday weekend).

I would suggest that more people enquiring, politely, can only help.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Yes. I submitted a message while logged in on their website and also reached out to Accor Concierge here at FT. No replies so far, but I only wrote yesterday (by which time Europe had already started the long bank holiday weekend).

I would suggest that more people enquiring, politely, can only help.
You are right. I will inquire when I get back home and find out exactly how many points are on my account (currently staying in an Accor property)
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Will they consider points credited in the last 12 months ? Since the CDA account was open?
The current balance of the account ?
Depending on the answer, I might lose status, go for a bed run, or simply keep status !
See here; in short:
- last 365 days count (i.e. from June 3rd 2014 to June 3rd 2015)
- confusing statements regarding which points exactly are valid.
EDIT: to clarify, earned points count, no matter if you already spent them or not. So not depending on current balance, just on earned points in last 365 days.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:37 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by zehbra
See here; in short:
- last 365 days count (i.e. from June 3rd 2014 to June 3rd 2015)
I very much hope that this is not what happens, i.e. that we aren't all given a new membership year based on the arbitrary date Accor picked to implement their rule change.

There's also the question of how long points take to post and how that will affect people who complete stays in the week or so preceding the change.

I suppose it's possible that Accor has thought this through. In that case it would be very nice if they would communicate their thinking to their CdA members.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
I very much hope that this is not what happens, i.e. that we aren't all given a new membership year based on the arbitrary date Accor picked to implement their rule change.
Ah, that might have been misleading, sorry: I didn't get an absolutely clear answer, which date exactly will be considered for status - it will either be the date at which you reached 25'000 points/60 nights, or 3rd June I imagine.
It seems generally (to not much surprise) that they don't quite have their sh..tuff together in this.

Oh, IF someone from Accor ever finds this thread: could you please make sure that CdA (gold, or CdA + earned Plat status) is actually recognized properly by all hotels? I've written about this to Accor too and only got "maybe your status has not been properly updated in the hotel's system". And I still encounter quite a few hotels which seem to be having problems with it (yes, including those which usually don't pose any problems according to 'real' Plats)
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:46 am
IMH

Just in case anyone is subscribed to this thread but doesn't follow the Accor Concierge thread, a question I asked there (post 19) a few days ago has generated a little discussion and a response from Accor Concierge.

Originally Posted by zehbra
I didn't get an absolutely clear answer, which date exactly will be considered for status [...]
Getting an answer to that would clear up one significant aspect of the uncertainty about what happens next... I have written to Shareholder Relations and Accor Concierge is also kindly checking to see what the LCAH system might reveal about my status expiry.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Just in case anyone is subscribed to this thread but doesn't follow the Accor Concierge thread, a question I asked there (post 19) a few days ago has generated a little discussion and a response from Accor Concierge.

Getting an answer to that would clear up one significant aspect of the uncertainty about what happens next... I have written to Shareholder Relations and Accor Concierge is also kindly checking to see what the LCAH system might reveal about my status expiry.
Good to know that Amy is still around
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
my stats for the 12 months

Non promotion points (classic points+plat bonus) currently on 16564 points

Including promotions then its 33546 points and still missing my final 2 LCAH Feb points from my stays.

So either way its gold or Plat for me.

Last edited by tris06; Apr 10, 2015 at 12:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.