Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by generikz
By the T&Cs, you need to re-qualify by providing recent shares ownership proof on the online form:

http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...scription.html

This is not automatic as far as I know, you need to prove once a year you still hold the minimum required shares.

Julien
only one year shareholder gold!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by MonsieurPotato
I've just called the french shareholder's hotline, and it appears that the gold status isn't granted any longer. You only get it the first year. The advantage disappears afterwards, and you're considered as the average Accor guest.

Oh well, you get the shareholder's newsletter, as the customer service representative told me.

Is it really worth blocking 1600+ euro in shares for a Classic Card ? I'm not really sure.
Mon très Cher Monsieur Patate,

Yes, it seems so.
I sold me shares earlier this week.
Retired, I do stay 20+- nights/year at Accor properties.
No more shareholder gold status, no more reason to favor Accor.
I spent 10 nights this year so far and have 10 nights booked for July/August.
Received this message:
To move back up to Gold status, earn 2500 points or book 10 nights in the next year directly with AccorHotels*
I will get that anyway (2500 points prom for august booking), so back to gold by the end of Agust until 31st dec 2017, but loosing out on upgrades on upcoming stays.
I certainly will stay at some hotel later this year, but where?
I still might take advantage of Accor promotions until end 2017, but also not.
I guess Accor does realize I most probably will be unfaithful to Accor in the years to come.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Qantas, KrisFlyer, Velocity
How do any of you coax a reply out of shareholder relations? I've *never* had them reply to any email.

If gold status is no longer granted I'll ditch the shares and invest elsewhere. They aren't performing brilliantly at the moment anyhow.

I think it might be time to get on the airbnb bandwagon and see how that goes.

Oddly enough, the email said 10 nights till gold (I'm four nights away from that), but online it says 30? Any idea on that one?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Boooma
only one year shareholder gold!
Time to sell my shares indeed!

Julien
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Wow, I have 50k worth of shares and my status has dropped from Platinum to Classic (probably) in the space of 12 months.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, LCAH Gold, LH FT
It is indeed like a bad joke. I had regular Platinum until 30.06. and instead of providing a soft landing by demoting to Gold like Starwood does, they directly moved me down to Silver after 3,5 years of Platinum and over 300 nights that I stayed 2013 - 2015. The additional matter, that they removed Shareholder Gold Status without communicating it, puts them pretty much at the bottom of my list of preferred choices when booking hotels. Not to forget, that in 3,5 years of being a Platinum member, there was only one single "wow" moment (which was when they upgraded me to a really nice suite /w Jacuzzi and other nice things at a Mercure, which came unexpected since I did not know that there are Mercure hotels that have suites and since that was the only suite upgrade in aforementioned 300 nights as platinum member).

Bye!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:13 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by generikz
Time to sell my shares indeed!
For most people, reducing the Club des Actionnaires status to Gold was already enough to make buying Accor shares solely for this benefit a bad idea. Gold status only being granted for a year means this now true for everyone.

Originally Posted by onemoretrip
I have 50k worth of shares
Show-off. Curiously perhaps, the Club des Actionnaires rules never provided for recognition of more substantial shareholdings. From an investor relations point of view one might think that it would make a great deal of sense to grant Platinum status to people in your position.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Lol :-)

I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram, but I will use Accor less often. I like their properties attached to airports, eg. LHR, BKK and TPE. But with Hilton giving valuable status (including free breakfast as an example) to regular patrons and Accor customer services being so poor my loyalty to the brand is waning.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:12 pm

Confirmed.

• The 10 nights to reach gold email provided in the downgrade email was a mistake, its the standard 30.
  • It is a one year gold offer now

I don't really have a reason to move the shares, so I won't unless something comes up. I will however be staying at whichever property seems best, without preference for Accor.

Last edited by kronicd; Jul 12, 2016 at 7:29 pm Reason: formatting
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
those whom got downgraded to silver, will you try to resubmit the request again?
to see if they will upgrade you back to gold?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I sent them an angry message early July via a contact form with reply promesse with 48h, still waiting.

I have less than 3.000 points to earn for gold, am in an Accor property for 7 nights right now earning 1500 points at least and have one August booking with May booster, good for at least 2.500 points, thus gold I will be again.

I will mail them as soon as I find a real email address and inform them No more Accor bookings unless they give me back my gold status before my August stay.

It looks like I will stay at some non-Accor properties soon.
2016 is not over yet Accor!
Next door is the Regency Cha Am, I might be back for a week before the new year...
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
those whom got downgraded to silver, will you try to resubmit the request again?
to see if they will upgrade you back to gold?
Didn't work for me, but give it a shot?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: Accor Gold
is this still working? because im interested. the gold membership is lifetime or for one year?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Pierre09
is this still working? because im interested. the gold membership is lifetime or for one year?
For 1 year only.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Here come the MIB

One-time upgrade to gold? Lifetime?

How about you forget you ever met me? I'll just introduce myself again. I'm Mister Shareholder, here for my One Time Gold Membership.

I think some EU privacy law or other mandates that you can withdraw any and all permission to store personally identifiable data unless that storing is a legal requirement or related to open bills etc.

Try enforcing lifetime limits after erasing my name, address, stay history, previous membership and all.

That said, when making that communication, you need to be specific that you don't just want to close the account, but have all records erased and withdraw permission to store personally identifiable data due to privacy concerns.

If you are then rebuffed for another one-time gold year because of previous upgrade, you reply; "I have forbidden you from knowing that. Ignore that unlawful information."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.