Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, LCAH Gold, LH FT
Hello gguniss,
yes, it's same for me. I am happy about that, because I experienced several times that hotel staff did not know what "Club des Actionnaires" is and I had to explicitly show my Platinum card to get my benefits. When I was normal Platinum before, I never had these issues and I hope it's all back to normal, now that I am shown as "plain normal Platinum".
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I'll also be happy to have a 'normal' card, for the reasons you mention, even if it will be just Gold rather than Platinum for the next few months. Maybe we should resign from the CdA, just to be sure?

I'll wait a little while before doing so, though, as it is possible that a 'purged' CdA will once again offer more shareholder events.

Last edited by IMH; Jun 19, 2015 at 1:13 pm Reason: insrted missing "from"
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:01 pm

alright, so seems that's normal and I do not mind as well. just hope that after a year if I do not qualify for (at least) Gold (unlikely though) they do not say - you are not member of Club, enjoy your Basic card benefits )
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by gguniss
alright, so seems that's normal and I do not mind as well. just hope that after a year if I do not qualify for (at least) Gold (unlikely though) they do not say - you are not member of Club, enjoy your Basic card benefits )
I would hope once it's requalification time, they just take a look at your account, and if there are not enough points for plat, they check if you are CdA and if so give you a normal Gold status. Again with card validity one year.
I am sure this will reduce problems with hotels honoring status. At least I'm hopeful.

Also, since they wrote about "adding new benefits" to the CdA program, i would be curious (and expect some kind of communication about that soon) what they plan to do
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:02 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by zehbra
since they wrote about "adding new benefits" to the CdA program, i would be curious [...] what they plan to do
Give us more cards. Instead of just one CdA Platinum card, with no expiry date and no guarantee that hotels will know what it is, you get at least one new card every single year. In old age, you'll be able to look through your collection and reminisce about all the programme name changes and different coloured cards.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:37 am

My points to qualify for platinum are getting more. So it seems that Accor checks how much points you have got within a year, not an calendar year. Last week I needed 5.5k to qualify, now 6.1k.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:01 am
IMH

Originally Posted by IMH
my "points needed for Platinum" figure is not changing as [...] stays drop out of the rolling "last 365 days" time frame.
Originally Posted by EB86
My points to qualify for platinum are getting more. [...] Last week I needed 5.5k to qualify, now 6.1k.
Mine are now also increasing: stays from last June are being dropped from the running total, which is how it should work. It will be interesting to see whether adjustments are made for bonus points that post late (if they ever post...).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by IMH
I suspect not, because I suspect (and hope) that the first FTer to receive a Gold CdA card will tell us about it here.

It will probably vary by country. Nothing received so far by this US-based member.
Anybody who has more information? Or has anybody tried to show his/her platinum cda card after being downgraded to gold? They had trouble finding my number in my latest hotel. I booked it with my plat cda number and after that got downgraded.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Wow finally, after multiple emails and followup, managed to get my account upgraded to GOLD after buying ACCOR shares.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:20 am
IMH

Originally Posted by unitedinsg
managed to get my account upgraded to GOLD after buying ACCOR shares.
Thanks for this. Yours is the first report I've seen, here or anywhere else, of someone successfully joining the CdA since the changes (and consequently getting upgraded to Gold).
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
I'm still using my CdA Platinum card and so far got Plat benefits everywhere I go (except for bonus points). For some reason points are not accredited automatically though so I have to send a copy of the invoice after every stay to get the points.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks for this. Yours is the first report I've seen, here or anywhere else, of someone successfully joining the CdA since the changes (and consequently getting upgraded to Gold).
Seems also my account is reflecting 10 nights and 2500 points to platinum not the "usual" stays and points to platinum. Wonder if this is a computer error. Have a stay upcoming which should nett me 2500 points. Will report back.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Bought one registered share and got upgraded to LCA Gold.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by unitedinsg
Seems also my account is reflecting 10 nights and 2500 points to platinum not the "usual" stays and points to platinum. Wonder if this is a computer error. Have a stay upcoming which should nett me 2500 points. Will report back.
Same issue here... I was about to ask this question in an own thread.
Got Accor Gold as a shareholder, and when logging in it tells me "2500 Points or 10 nights to reach platinum". Did anyone else got this and does this actually works?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CC Gold, M&M Sen, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Reifel
Same issue here... I was about to ask this question in an own thread.
Got Accor Gold as a shareholder, and when logging in it tells me "2500 Points or 10 nights to reach platinum". Did anyone else got this and does this actually works?
Vaguely remember seeing this as well, but then a couple stays easily put me over that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.