Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by generikz
Not really, as written in the T&Cs:

Article 2 says you must still have 50 shares/1 registered share at the renewal to keep your Gold status.

They will just ask for a broker statement or confirm your registration internally to issue your new card. It won't expire after one year.

Julien
Sorry, this is wrong.
Email yesterday from Shareholder Club:

Dear Sir,

As mentioned in our Terms & Conditions, as Shareholder, you benefit the Gold status during one year.
Please see below:

“Points earned using the Le Club Accorhotels Gold loyalty card are valid for 12 months. If, at the end of this period, the Member once again satisfies the conditions required for this Status level, the Status level is then renewed for an additional 12 months (365 days). If the Member does not satisfy these conditions during the current 12-month period, he/she will be given the Status corresponding to his/her activity calculated over the preceding 365 days at the end of this period. A new card corresponding to the Member's new Status will be sent automatically within 4 weeks.”

http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/finance/retail-shareholders/shareholders-club/terms-and-conditions-of-accor-shareholders-club-membership.html

Kind regards,

Financial Communication & Investor Relations
Old May 31, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
I understand it as following:

Points are valid 12 months
Status is granted if you meet the conditions. Now if hold every year 50 Accor' shares you DO meet the conditions to be granted again the "Leclub des actionnaires" Gold status.

I do not see that the "Leclub des actionnaires" status is only valid 1 year.
Here is the Answer from the Shareholder Club:

Dear Sir,

“the conditions required for this Status level” means: 10 000 points or 30 nights.

Kind regards,

Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Boooma
Here is the Answer from the Shareholder Club:

Dear Sir,

“the conditions required for this Status level” means: 10 000 points or 30 nights.

Kind regards,

Another typical LCAH robot-like answer that totally miss the point.
They're very good at this :-)

The shareholder status is valid for one year (the card has an expiration month, previous ones had no expiration date at all) but as long as you qualify (Article 4 – Validity of membership) for the eligibility (Article 2 – Conditions of membership), you will get another year of Gold status.

The points sections reminds you that points will expire after 12 months if you don't make any stay or forget to redeem them. Also keeps your account in sync with your current status: I'm LCAH Shareholder Gold but my point level will renew me for Platinum anyway.

If it was valid "only for the first year", it would be very clearly described in the T&Cs. The way it works is that you keep getting the Gold level as long as you can prove you still have the 50/1 share(s).

Julien
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:31 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
The messages Boooma quoted were from Accor's shareholder relations team (not LCAH). Their interpretation of the T&C is likely to be all that matters here.

At some point we'll probably see the wording clarified.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:02 am

The shareholder status is valid for one year (the card has an expiration month, previous ones had no expiration date at all) but as long as you qualify (Article 4 – Validity of membership) for the eligibility (Article 2 – Conditions of membership), you will get another year of Gold status.

The points sections reminds you that points will expire after 12 months if you don't make any stay or forget to redeem them. Also keeps your account in sync with your current status: I'm LCAH Shareholder Gold but my point level will renew me for Platinum anyway.

If it was valid "only for the first year", it would be very clearly described in the T&Cs. The way it works is that you keep getting the Gold level as long as you can prove you still have the 50/1 share(s).

Julien
Unfortunately this is wrong.

I`m a Accor Shareholder and a Member of the Shareholder Club and my Status is back to Le Club Classic.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
So, are Accor Shareholders supposed to re-apply again when they are back to Classic (or Silver Level)?

Or is Accor trying to say that they will only give Shareholders a 1-time Gold status for 1-year, and thereafter, you better sell your shares if your sole purpose was to get Gold Status?

If it is the latter, how are they going to check if you have received your 1-time status?
(Knowing how weak Accor's CS is, I wonder how are they going to cope with the checking if you were once a complimentary Gold via CDA)

Pls update if anyone is successful in their re-application to Gold if your status via CDA has expired.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum

In my view your interpretation is wrong.

Spot the difference: The terms and conditions say:
"If, at the end of this period, the Member once again satisfies the conditions required for this Status level, the Status level is then renewed for an additional 12 months (365 days). If the Member does not satisfy these conditions during the current 12-month period, he/she will be given the Status corresponding to his/her activity calculated over the preceding 365 days at the end of this period.

the T&C clearly state conditions for "Status Level", and not conditions for "membership" in the Shareholder Club.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by gkl
In my view your interpretation is wrong.

Spot the difference: The terms and conditions say:
"If, at the end of this period, the Member once again satisfies the conditions required for this Status level, the Status level is then renewed for an additional 12 months (365 days). If the Member does not satisfy these conditions during the current 12-month period, he/she will be given the Status corresponding to his/her activity calculated over the preceding 365 days at the end of this period.

the T&C clearly state conditions for "Status Level", and not conditions for "membership" in the Shareholder Club.
Let's see how 2016 unrolls because when it was time to renew for me in 2015, I received the LCAH notice stating that:

Remain a member of the Accor Shareholders Club
in 2015 and reap all the benefits
Confirm your status as an Accor shareholder quickly, by clicking on the button below.
Once you have logged on, you simply need to update your postal address, enter your email address and send us proof of ownership of your Accor shares (issued within the last 3 months), which your bank will you send on request, before May 15, 2015.
Benefits of remaining a LCAH Shareholder Club was:

being a valued customer of the 2,800 Accor hotels worldwide thanks to immediate, automatic and free access to the Le Club Accorhotels GOLD* loyalty card, which offers benefits that include systematic upgrades whenever possible, 7% of the amount of your stay in points that can be saved and used in our hotel network and with our partners, a priority welcome and, naturally, VIP treatment during your stay;
Hence, as long as you send proof of share(s) ownership, they told me that I would remain (at least) GOLD on and on.

It was the case with the Platinum status card that had no expiration date.

Waiting for my renewal notice at the end of the month.

Julien
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:41 am
Suspended

I think if you register your shares directly to Accor books, you won't need to show proof.
Can people who struggle to maintain their Gold level tell us wether their are holder of bearer or registered shares ?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Gold shareholder downgraded to silver

As a shareholder I was plat during 2014, got downgraded to gold june 2015 (new 2015 rules)
My objective as shareholder is to benefit of one level up versus my stays, being retired 60+ nights is out of reach.

I got upset by the downgrade to gold last year and stopped using Accor for some of my stays, I even cancelled 2x 7 nights bookings.
I did not pay much attention to the number of bookings over the last 12 months, not really thinking not having 30 nights (or 15000 points?) by the end of June 2016 would get me downgraded.

Thus conclusion now is whether I am shareholder or not I will need to spend at least 30 nights during 2016 to get back gold status.

I have 2 nights "deluxe' booked next week and will not get the upgrade to a suite. I might ask the reservation to pay for the difference.

I have 7 nights booked later this month and booked "executive suite" the highest type of room at that property (I was proactive for this one)

I have 2 more "standard" nights booked for august, thus no upgrade to expect, I definitely will check with the hotel to up my room by paying.

But I will seriously consider where to stay/book further 2016 rooms, I probably will reach or exceed 30 nights but hesitate Accor or not?, but keeping the shares is a no no, the chances I will stay at non Accor properties are getting high now. Zero incentive to be shareholder....

I make this clear: I still would have my gold status I would book 30+ nights this year, thus making being shareholder useless.

Checking my account I just see this:
You are just 18 nights in a participating hotel or 3 034 points from Gold status (by when???) Validity of your status:31/12/2017

Yes, I sulked Accor since my downgrade to gold, thus only had 12 nights over the last 12 months, I'll see what the 9 July nights will post for points (3035?).

Accor, you found a good method to alienate your shareholders

Last edited by tartempion; Jul 2, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: Qantas, KrisFlyer, Velocity
My status has just dropped to silver, I have emailed shareholder relations in an attempt to have this fixed.

I will advise.

EDIT: Does anyone have confirmation if this is simply just not offered anymore?

DOUBLE EDIT: I hold bearer shares

Last edited by kronicd; Jul 4, 2016 at 2:23 am Reason: Bearer shares
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:16 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I also have just had my status dropped.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Qantas, KrisFlyer, Velocity
Originally Posted by sxc
I also have just had my status dropped.
Have you managed to get in contact with anyone at shareholder relations?

I've not had a reply yet.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by kronicd
DOUBLE EDIT: I hold bearer shares
By the T&Cs, you need to re-qualify by providing recent shares ownership proof on the online form:

http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...scription.html

This is not automatic as far as I know, you need to prove once a year you still hold the minimum required shares.

Julien
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Club actionnaires Accor, Upper Burger
I've just called the french shareholder's hotline, and it appears that the gold status isn't granted any longer. You only get it the first year. The advantage disappears afterwards, and you're considered as the average Accor guest.

Oh well, you get the shareholder's newsletter, as the customer service representative told me.

Is it really worth blocking 1600+ euro in shares for a Classic Card ? I'm not really sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.