Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by AEmgee
Did anybody else get this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Following recent changes to your AccorHotels loyalty programme advantages as a shareholder, we confirm that you can now view your new Le Club Accorhotels card on your online account at accorhotels.com.

In order to use your points, we kindly ask you to accept the General Conditions of Use by visiting your account, go to accorhotels.com:

1 Click on "Log in".
2 Then on "Le Club AccorHotels Membres First log in?"
3 Enter your family name and your email adress.
4 Click on "Validate".
You will receive an automatic welcome email. Click on the link inside the email and follow the instructions to validate the General Terms and Conditions of Le Club AccorHotels program.

• For all queries about your shareholder status, you can contact your “Shareholder Relations” department by telephone on 00 33 805 650 750 or by email at [email protected].
• For any information or queries about the loyalty programme, you can contact Accor Customer Service by telephone on 0800 026 0303 or online from your account using "Contact Us / Need help / How to contact us".
Thank you for your trust and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

See you soon at our hotels.

Individual Shareholder Relations teams
Yeap, followed the instruction and verified but did not get the "Validation Email" after
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AEmgee
Did anybody else get this?
Yes and I assumed it was a mistake (I've had similar emails in the past).

Unless you have recently signed up as a shareholder, without first opening a LCAH account, you should not have received this email. If you can still log into your existing account and it is (still) showing as Gold then you can probably ignore the email. (I sent a one line reply saying that it appeared to have been sent to me in error.)

On the other hand, if it appears that your existing account has become 'detached' from your CdA membership you'll need to contact Accor (Le Club and/or shareholder relations) to get things straightened out.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by IMH
Where are you based and which language(s) are you comfortable doing business in?

I've got an online brokerage account with DKB in Germany and can buy/sell Accor shares on seven or eight different exchanges.

In the UK I used to have a Halifax Share Dealing account and could access stock exchanges in New York and Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Milan, Brussels).

I'm sure there are many other options.

Prices can vary by 5% or more between exchanges and it's worth doing comparisons. Limit orders are essential protection against unfavourable prices in thin markets. Trading fees also vary widely: the last time we bought French shares it made sense to pay 50 EUR higher commission in order to buy in Paris and save 500 EUR on the share price.

You should also research and consider tax implications and requirements to report dividend income and/or brokerage accounts. I'm taxed in the US and the paperwork involved in owning "foreign" shares would not IMO be justified purely in order to own 50 Accor shares.

Mods: maybe this topic is worth splitting off into a separate thread in order to keep the FAQs concise?
I know that you wrote about this a few years ago. Do you know if one can just buy one share and get it registered as one poster said or if the minimum is 50 shares? I live in Hawaii and wonder how I can buy some Accor shares (I need to conduct the business in English.) Also, I wonder what the tax paperwork is for owning foreign stock since it sounds so onerous? I hope you still subscribe to this thread!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:06 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by konaflyer
Do you know if one can just buy one share and get it registered as one poster said or if the minimum is 50 shares? I live in Hawaii [...]. Also, I wonder what the tax paperwork is for owning foreign stock [...]
To start with your first question: yes, it is possible to buy and register a single share. There are a few posts above that confirm this (see roughly posts 40 to 50).

However... I don't see the point of buying either one Accor share or 50 simply to get Gold status. Platinum was a rather generous shareholder benefit, but Gold is very easy to earn and retain if you stay at Accor properties a few times a year and read this forum.

I would also expect Accor to remove or further dilute the benefit if they continue to see large numbers of people holding one share or 50 shares. So I really wouldn't bother.

If you already have a brokerage account and own shares then there's not a vast amount of additional paperwork or reporting, but if Accor is your first non-US holding there will be a couple of new things: foreign tax on dividends, possibility of capital gains on foreign exchange transactions.

I am not a lawyer, tax advisor, accountant or any other kind of financial professional.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:18 am

hello. I am intending to buy 1 registered accor share to get the gold membership, but would anyone be able to advise how can I do it from Singapore? thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by icecreamy
hello. I am intending to buy 1 registered accor share to get the gold membership, but would anyone be able to advise how can I do it from Singapore? thanks!
Welcome to FT and the Accorhotels forum icecreamy.^ I have moved your post to the thread that deals with the share issue.

starflyergold
Le Club Accorhotels forum moderator
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
You can open a brokerage account that will let you trade the Paris stock market.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
The stock ticker symbol is AC on Paris Stock Exchange.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by FGunawan
You can open a brokerage account that will let you trade the Paris stock market.
Don't bother with a brokerage account. Follow Accor's own instructions on "How to Be a Shareholder" http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...areholder.html

Contact SOCIETE GENERALE directly (number listed in the Accor link), I used Skype, talked to the operator who emailed the forms (filled within 5 minutes) and faxed it (weird how they only accept fax) back to Societe Generale in France. I suggest buying at least 20 shares to make the international transaction fees worth it.

Just a heads up, I posted the same question here about a year back. Beware of touts who offer to do it for "cheap" ... I had FT members asking USD100 as "agent" fees !!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by wantan
Don't bother with a brokerage account. Follow Accor's own instructions on "How to Be a Shareholder" http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...areholder.html

Contact SOCIETE GENERALE directly (number listed in the Accor link), I used Skype, talked to the operator who emailed the forms (filled within 5 minutes) and faxed it (weird how they only accept fax) back to Societe Generale in France. I suggest buying at least 20 shares to make the international transaction fees worth it.

Just a heads up, I posted the same question here about a year back. Beware of touts who offer to do it for "cheap" ... I had FT members asking USD100 as "agent" fees !!

when you fax back, did you attach the bank payment proof?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
when you fax back, did you attach the bank payment proof?
yeap, try to do it during European working hours so you can call after an hour or so to follow up.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:44 am

How much were the fees through SocGen?

Originally Posted by wantan
yeap, try to do it during European working hours so you can call after an hour or so to follow up.

If I just want it for the status and not for the investment shouldn't I just buy 1 share and eat the transaction fees?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 2:05 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Clorox

If I just want it for the status and not for the investment shouldn't I just buy 1 share and eat the transaction fees?
I think the only fees were the international fund transfer charges. Accor's own website says 1 share is all it takes, but going through all that trouble (and also taking into account the Gold benefits) I'd just get a few more

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Well for 1 share it's not a lot in euro, in % that's probably the worse investment you can make as fees are floored at 9Eur But if you only want it for the status you can try the solution of Wantan because with a brokerage account you will probably have annual fees + a fee to register your position to Accor books (around 20eur depending on your broker). Cons it seems that you wont be able to trade anything else than Accor share (but I might be wrong)

Wantan, I am a bit curious of how it works. Did you open an account on SG ? If you want to sold your position or transfer your dividends do you have to do it by phone ? Is it really simplier than using a classic brokerage account ?
just used my existing local bank account.

haven't bothered to login to my SocGen account, so unsure what can be done on that side.

As above, no idea how to sell the shares, but I've more than recouped the "investment" through Lounge benefits, bfast and suite upgrades (as Plat)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
I will return to the previously discussed topic: maintaining the CdA Gold status. (message #361 onwards)

I'm considering buying some Accor shares, but I'm still unsure whether the Gold card is just a one-time benefit for the first year, or would I keep at least the gold status as long as I own the shares (regardless the points/nights accumulated)? The terms and conditions of Accor Shareholders Club are really inconsistent, as pointed out earlier.

Originally Posted by A300flyer
So far I thought that you are Gold instead of Platinum as of June, but it seems as if you had to requalify even for gold
[/B]
Originally Posted by IMH
However...: uncertainty arises when we note that this wording is copied from the general Le Club terms and conditions section on status. Other Accor web pages mentioning the CdA Gold card benefit do not say that it's a one-off benefit. (They don't say it isn't, either, but that's the way most people would probably read it.)
Originally Posted by generikz
The Gold status will not "expire" after 12 months, you will keep your Gold status regardless of points accumulated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.