Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:16 am

Thank you for the informative thread, even now I am inclined towards getting a direct Gold status with Accor.

Would appreciate it if someone can confirm whether buying 1 Accor share from trading212 or Saxo or IBKR qualify me for Club des Actionnaires? I am from India so my trading platforms are limited.

Last edited by SiddTalks; Jun 19, 2023 at 5:15 am Reason: politness
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:54 am
Suspended

As a newcomer here, for your first post, saying hi and thank you would not have costed you anything, especially if you are looking for help and advices
Yolow and SiddTalks like this.

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jun 19, 2023 at 5:35 am
Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:15 am

You are right, just edit my comment.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:37 am
Suspended

You need to contact the Accor shareholders team to check if you are entitled to it.

Some countries are not entitled because of legal / tax restrictions.

the issue is not about buying shares but transferring them afterwards.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SiddTalks
Thank you for the informative thread, even now I am inclined towards getting a direct Gold status with Accor.

Would appreciate it if someone can confirm whether buying 1 Accor share from trading212 or Saxo or IBKR qualify me for Club des Actionnaires? I am from India so my trading platforms are limited.
You'll need 50, not 1.

I can't vouch for these stock apps as I don't know whether you actually own the stock in your name, or whether you just own fake parts which the apps use to calculate your money. Considering these apps let you buy fractions of stock I suspect it's some kind of the latter. The best would be to ask the app directly about this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
You'll need 50, not 1.

I can't vouch for these stock apps as I don't know whether you actually own the stock in your name, or whether you just own fake parts which the apps use to calculate your money. Considering these apps let you buy fractions of stock I suspect it's some kind of the latter. The best would be to ask the app directly about this.
Okay, that is scary. However, as per my research ibkr is quite renowned and there are very few apps which allow to trade in international market. Accor did confirm that I would be eligible but need to check with trading platform. Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:02 pm

Adding my personal experience with Shareholders Club. I was planning a trip with some Accor hotel involved, so looking into how to get Gold status with the shareholder club track (ibis business card no longer give gold status).
Bought 50 shares of ACRFF, submitted the statment and got Gold after one day. So my conclusion here is holding American Depository Receipts (like ACRFF) also works.

PS: use a real brokerage account, smaller investment app like Robinhood does not offer ACRFF.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:44 pm

I finally jumped the step and got the shares. Posted the request a week ago, but still zero reply aside the automated confirmation
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Certainly I own my 50 through Trading 212, a fractional share trader and they saw enough to know to reject my application as I had already used it in the past 5 years.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:18 pm

I finally jumped the step and got the shares. Posted the request a week ago, but still zero reply aside the automated confirmation
... and of course a few hours after I posted that message, I got the confirmation. took a week total.

My membership now says gold until Dec 2024. One interesting thing is that the nights are still displayed as 19/60 for platinum. Will that reset to 0 in Jan 2024 or do I get a shot at platinum if I spend 41 more nights in the next 14 months?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 12:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
My membership now says gold until Dec 2024. One interesting thing is that the nights are still displayed as 19/60 for platinum.
You have been granted Gold status, but your progress towards Platinum (i.e. nights earned and nights needed) hasn't changed.

Your nights will reset at year end as usual.
Markie and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
... and of course a few hours after I posted that message, I got the confirmation. took a week total.

My membership now says gold until Dec 2024. One interesting thing is that the nights are still displayed as 19/60 for platinum. Will that reset to 0 in Jan 2024 or do I get a shot at platinum if I spend 41 more nights in the next 14 months?
There are no rollover nights with Accor
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.