Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Had a funny conversation via e-mail due to Status Club des actionnaires. Seems as if I should sell the 50 shares as it does not make sense to keep them. So far I thought that you are Gold instead of Platinum as of June, but it seems as if you had to requalify even for gold every year even if you keep your shares. Please read the mail... especially no.4 is to read

We informed you by email on March 2015 that your Shareholders Club changed on June 2015. In this email, we announced you that, the Le Club AccorHotels GOLD card will replace the existing Shareholders Club Platinum card for all Club members as of June 3, 2015. It means that after the evolution of Shareholders Club, all the shareholders benefit the Le Club AccorHotels GOLD status. So this could explain your current status at AccorHotels.

Here are some further information about the evolution of Shareholders Club:

1) Each shareholder owning at least 50 bearer shares or 1 registered share could join the Le Club AccorHotels without any fee.

2) For the shareholder who joined Le Club AccorHotels for the first time, you benefit the Gold status regardless of the points or nights you earned. It means that for the first 12 months, every shareholder could benefit Gold loyalty card even if you have just earned 0 nights and 0 points for example.

3) During the first 12 months (365 days), if you earn more than 25,000 points or 60 nights in total, your status will be automatically upgraded to Platinum and a new Platinum card will be automatically sent to you.

4) At the end of the first 12 months, if you satisfy the conditions required for the Gold Status level, meaning that you earn more than 10,000 points or 30 nights, the Gold Status level is then renewed for an additional 12 months. However, if after the first 12 months, you don’t satisfy the conditions required for the Gold Status level, then a new card corresponding to the new Status will be sent automatically.

5) For the information:

- Classic: no minimum required.

- Silver: at least 10 nights or 2,500 points.

- Gold: at least 30 nights or 10,000 points.

- Platinum: at least 60 nights or 25,000 points;

The Le Club AccorHotels Gold status benefits the privileges such as:

- Priority Check-in;

- Private sales;

- LCAH Customer Care;

- Free Internet Worldwide;

- Welcome drink;

- Late check-out on request OR Early check-in on request;

- Guaranteed room availability, up to 3 days before arrival;

- VIP Treatment;

- Upgrade to newt room category;

- Additional care depending on brands.

Your status will be automatically upgraded to Le Club AccorHotels Platinum (more than 25,000 points or 60 nights in total). For now, you earned 18,971 points ....
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:58 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by A300flyer
So far I thought that you are Gold instead of Platinum as of June, but it seems as if you had to requalify even for gold every year even if you keep your shares.
If you were a confirmed CdA member in June then you should now either be Platinum (if you qualified based on stays/points) or Gold (based on CdA membership).

The email you have received says that an 'unearned' Gold card is now a one-time benefit for CdA members. That's similar to the wording in the terms and conditions, here:
Originally Posted by Accor Shareholders Club terms & conditions
[...] Club members are entitled to a Le Club Accorhotels GOLD loyalty card, which is sent to new members three to four weeks after their registration [...]. Points earned using the Le Club Accorhotels Gold loyalty card are valid for 12 months. If, at the end of this period, the Member once again satisfies the conditions required for this Status level, the Status level is then renewed for an additional 12 months (365 days). If the Member does not satisfy these conditions during the current 12-month period, he/she will be given the Status corresponding to his/her activity calculated over the preceding 365 days at the end of this period.
However...: uncertainty arises when we note that this wording is copied from the general Le Club terms and conditions section on status. Other Accor web pages mentioning the CdA Gold card benefit do not say that it's a one-off benefit. (They don't say it isn't, either, but that's the way most people would probably read it.)

Last edited by IMH; Aug 19, 2015 at 2:23 pm Reason: adding back the uncertainty ;)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by IMH
However...: uncertainty arises when we note that this wording is copied from the general Le Club terms and conditions section on status. Other Accor web pages mentioning the CdA Gold card benefit do not say that it's a one-off benefit. (They don't say it isn't, either, but that's the way most people would probably read it.)
My understanding was that, as a share holder after the 12 month period of first receiving the new status (now Gold), it would be extended for another 12 months upon proof of still having the shares in one's name. I'm most certain I read this somewhere but cannot for the life of me remember where :-(

If not, what stops one from purchasing one new registred share every 12 months to re-qualify?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by IMH
I have the same understanding when reading the French version. CdA will entitle you to Gold now (no more Platinum like I got initially) but will not expire after 12 months as long as you still hold the minimum number of shares required. The link to the T&Cs explains what "Gold" entitles you to, but is not related to the CdA offer.

I used Accor enough to renew my shareholding status as Platinum level for another 12 months but would eventually downgrade to Gold minimum even if I stopped using Accor completely.

Julien
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Cupart
My understanding was that, as a share holder after the 12 month period of first receiving the new status (now Gold), it would be extended for another 12 months upon proof of still having the shares in one's name. I'm most certain I read this somewhere but cannot for the life of me remember where :-(
That's correct. Every 12 months you will have to prove again that you actually own the shares. If the share(s) are registered, a simple online form will help them find you, otherwise (bearer) you need a proof of holding from your broker.

The Gold status will not "expire" after 12 months, you will keep your Gold status regardless of points accumulated.

Julien
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:43 am
IMH

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Accor forum, generikz!

Originally Posted by generikz
Every 12 months you will have to prove again that you actually own the shares.
That sounds highly plausible, but I haven't been able to find anything online that spells it out. Can you help, or was this communicated to you privately?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
That's correct. Every 12 months you will have to prove again that you actually own the shares. If the share(s) are registered, a simple online form will help them find you, otherwise (bearer) you need a proof of holding from your broker.

The Gold status will not "expire" after 12 months, you will keep your Gold status regardless of points accumulated.

Julien
Thanks for the confirmation Julien ^... This said, the welcome mail I got tells me that my Gold status expires Sept 30th and that my accounts had been merged

I do believe the card number changed a few digits from my old account to the "new" card number.

I also believe I read somewhere that reaching Plat is 10 nights away or 10'000 points being a shate holder is this right?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by IMH
That sounds highly plausible, but I haven't been able to find anything online that spells it out. Can you help, or was this communicated to you privately?
http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/finance/retail-shareholders/shareholders-club/benefits.html

You can obtain the Le Club AccorHotels Gold loyalty card by proving that you are a shareholder.
http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...embership.html

Accor Shareholders Club members are entitled to a Le Club Accorhotels GOLD loyalty card.
It "expires" in the way that you have to prove every 12 months that you are still meeting the requirements (1 registered/50 bearer) for the Shareholder's card. The previous Shareholder Platinum card didn't carry an expiration date on front side, the new one (Gold or Platinum) does.

Subsequent links give you details on the Gold Status, but not in the context of the Shareholder's plan. The T&Cs do not refer to the Shareholder's plan at all.

For example, March 12th 2015 I received the notification that the new plan would drop from Platinum to Gold, had to resubmit shareholding information by May 15th (which I did). Status got confirmed by June 7th.

Julien
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Cupart
I also believe I read somewhere that reaching Plat is 10 nights away or 10'000 points being a shate holder is this right?
That's an interesting piece information that might explain how I managed to keep Platinum under the new "Gold" SdA offer.

Since becoming Platinum by owning shares and before the next renewal I:
  • Totaled 24 nights
  • Accumulated 20,057 points from stays (including some x2/x3 accelerators and the Platinum added 75%)
  • Accumulated 29,582 points from stays and special points bonus and Accor Places

With a platinum requirements of 60 nights or 25,000 points either all the added bonus/Places bumped me up above 25,000 or there is a magic hidden Platinum threshold with lower requirements.

Julien
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
I'am just above 20000 points since august (8000 in july) and have been up to Platinum.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
That's an interesting piece information that might explain how I managed to keep Platinum under the new "Gold" SdA offer.

Since becoming Platinum by owning shares and before the next renewal I:
  • Totaled 24 nights
  • Accumulated 20,057 points from stays (including some x2/x3 accelerators and the Platinum added 75%)
  • Accumulated 29,582 points from stays and special points bonus and Accor Places

With a platinum requirements of 60 nights or 25,000 points either all the added bonus/Places bumped me up above 25,000 or there is a magic hidden Platinum threshold with lower requirements.

Julien
As far as I'm aware, all points are equal. So bonus points should count too.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
With Accor Plus, you get Silver but to get Gold you effectively start from Zero, i.e. you need 10,000 points for Gold and not the difference between Silver and Gold. I guess this also applies to CdA?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:37 am
IMH

[...] you have to prove every 12 months that you are still meeting the requirements (1 registered/50 bearer) for the Shareholder's card.
I could not find anything in the pages you link to that says proof of share ownership must be repeated each year. Although, as I said above, it is what I would expect.

It was definitely the bonus points. There is no magic hidden threshold. I should know: my rolling 12 month points total has been between 22,000 and 24,500 since the rules changed and they took away my CdA Platinum.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
As far as I'm aware, all points are equal. So bonus points should count too.
That would be a great news!

I would potentially be 2,559 points away from Platinum renewal after only 3 months if the 20,000 threshold is a correct assumption.

Julien
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:21 pm

Did anybody else get this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Following recent changes to your AccorHotels loyalty programme advantages as a shareholder, we confirm that you can now view your new Le Club Accorhotels card on your online account at accorhotels.com.

In order to use your points, we kindly ask you to accept the General Conditions of Use by visiting your account, go to accorhotels.com:

1 Click on "Log in".
2 Then on "Le Club AccorHotels Membres First log in?"
3 Enter your family name and your email adress.
4 Click on "Validate".
You will receive an automatic welcome email. Click on the link inside the email and follow the instructions to validate the General Terms and Conditions of Le Club AccorHotels program.

• For all queries about your shareholder status, you can contact your “Shareholder Relations” department by telephone on 00 33 805 650 750 or by email at [email protected].
• For any information or queries about the loyalty programme, you can contact Accor Customer Service by telephone on 0800 026 0303 or online from your account using "Contact Us / Need help / How to contact us".
Thank you for your trust and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

See you soon at our hotels.

Individual Shareholder Relations teams

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.