Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Ever since the Aeroplan 10k bonus failure saga, I have been giving a lot of my business elsewhere.

The CDA Plat was a reason why I still keep the Accor relationship. There cost for keeping CDA Plats is at best marginal, but it keeps the occupancy rates high.

I know of CDA folks who give Accor all their travel business, simply because they are CDA Plats.

Good luck to Accor. With their dysfunctional loyalty membership team, it is hard to justify loyalty to them. Now that they cut away the reliable CDA Plat members (who has lots of reason to patronise Accor), I think Accor just slipped further away in the Hotel competition, as they keep driving loyalty away.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Maybe each one should make some pressure on them by sending them an e-mail saying (something like that)
- that a downgrade from platinum to gold is not an enhancement (and that's not a way to treat/announce_to their shareholders)
- that the least they can do for the current shareholders is maintaining the platinum status
- that I'm thinking about to sell my shares because
a) of that downgrade
b) if every second CDA-shareholder feels the same than I do and sells the shares then the share-price will drop drastically.

At least, that's what I'm thinking to do. Any other ideas ???

Plan B: status match
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Artemio
b) if every second CDA-shareholder feels the same than I do and sells the shares then the share-price will drop drastically.
You can't be serious? You will find that the vast majority of investors will have invested on the basis of an expected return, not a shiny plastic card.

BA had no problem removing the shareholder discount to all its investors and the general consensus was that dividends were more relevant than some small travel benefit.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
You can't be serious? You will find that the vast majority of investors will have invested on the basis of an expected return, not a shiny plastic card.
You're absolutely right, but I thought overvaluing it a bit (too much) could maybe let them think about it.

I just remembered reading somewhere probably on FT (I don't recall which program), they kept the former benefits for the "ancient" members after a conditions change. That's why I thought it's worth giving a try.

Or am I too optimist?

Last edited by Artemio; Mar 12, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
as a retiree I stay 20+ nights/year at Accor properties, that should give me Gold status any way, no need to be shareholder.

In fact it is time for me to discover other luxury type hotels and forget status advantage.

I already did this year by abandoning Etihad gold status, I switched and booked 2 2015 J class trips with Qatar, good for 4000+ euro spending. Half additional Qatar trip within 12 months might get me gold, but I first will test them with flying 8 segments. If any flight is not top notch I will fly some other airline.

Guess I will adopt same attitude with my hotel stays.

I did sent a mail to Accor expressing my dissatisfaction.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I know of CDA folks who give Accor all their travel business, simply because they are CDA Plats.

Good luck to Accor. With their dysfunctional loyalty membership team, it is hard to justify loyalty to them. Now that they cut away the reliable CDA Plat members (who has lots of reason to patronise Accor), I think Accor just slipped further away in the Hotel competition, as they keep driving loyalty away.
I understand a certain level of disappointment of concerned people but I'm surprised by the level of anger expressed by some of you. Hey, they are still giving you Gold. You are not back to basic or silver !
And, for the sentence I quoted in red in your post, if those VIP "give all their travel business to Accor", it means that they will stay enough to achieve plat status. So...
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
The email sent out by CDA urges you to confirm your shareholder status. Does anyone know if this is a requirement, or will I automatically be downgraded to Gold even without confirming my shareholder status with Accor?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:23 am

Wishful thinking, but perhaps if we all email and complain then they would at least grandfather those who purchased shares before the change into Platinum?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AEmgee
Wishful thinking, but perhaps if we all email and complain then they would at least grandfather those who purchased shares before the change into Platinum?
already emailed them... I will keep my shares anyway as they seem to perform well, but! I wont stay at sofitel anymore and transfer my points somewhere else...

Let send them many emails to show them what we think about their enhancements and way of treating customers
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've always thought this was too good to be true, so I'm not completely surprised by this change. What I find offensive is that they try to market this as an increase in benefits! The email states: “adding new benefits to an already considerable list of advantages”. That's a bunch of BS!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: TK Elite+
People are totally overreacting here. Just because you own stock doesn't entitle you to the highest tier at the hotel. No, Accor won't lose tons of business over this. Most people (believe it or not, there are people outside the FT cocoon), buy the stock because they expect it to pay off - not because of the platinum card.

To the people who say "you are moving your business elsewhere" - it's already so easy to qualify with stays/spend at Accor for Platinum - I'm sure if you aren't already qualifying, the loss will be minor for Accor.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I find it interesting that the French version of the email does not mention « new benefits » but more rightly says that the program « evolves ».

Dans ce cadre, nous avons pris la décision de relancer en ce début d’année 2015 votre Club des Actionnaires Accor, qui voit ses avantages, toujours aussi nombreux, évoluer.

- This great benefit could not last for ever.
- People who really use their card can quite easily reach 25 000 points and keep their platinum status.
- Those who have bought 50 shares or more and now wish to sell them have had double benefit : a sharp increase of their shares value + benefits when staying at Accor properties.
- I agree it’s not good news, but I find the level of anger unjustified.

Last edited by KATERGOO; Mar 13, 2015 at 9:37 am
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

To those saying they will take their business elsewhere, I say: bye bye...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:50 pm

by by to my shareholder card, I will open a new Platinum card with my AMEX
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
This change for shareholders is a shame, but not the end of the world, especially in terms of share price. I put more business their way as a result of the platinum card, especially given the free breakfast in the lounge. A lot of on-site airport hotels belong to the Accor family so I'll just have to see what the differences are in June. But maybe it's time to use Accor more selectively and use Hilton more often given the extra benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.