Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Originally Posted by SteadyTeddy
Ouch - that's a hefty fee.

I did call, and I don't speak French. There is an option for English.

Yes, very hefty!

Now that I have the shares, (and with fear of appearing stupid) it seems, based on the IVR when I call Societe Generale that all I have to do is send my broker a letter asking them to transfer my shares to Societe Generale.

Does that read correctly? It seems odd that I don't need to contact Societe Generale to create an account first.

EDIT: This is indeed the case.

Last edited by tororm; Nov 21, 2014 at 3:49 am Reason: progress!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Accor Platinium,IHG GOLD, HILTON GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD
Société Générale

Originally Posted by SteadyTeddy
Yes, I should have included that info.

E*Trade only charged the standard international trade fee of $19.99 As per the Accor How to Become a Shareholder page:

Société Générale will automatically open an account for you at no cost.

The process is similar to using the Direct Registration System except it's not automated and requires en extra step or two.
From what I read on the 'how to become a shareholder page' it seems that Société Générale can help us buy accor shares (at least 9 EURO/ order) and register it?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tororm
Yes, very hefty!

Now that I have the shares, (and with fear of appearing stupid) it seems, based on the IVR when I call Societe Generale that all I have to do is send my broker a letter asking them to transfer my shares to Societe Generale.

Does that read correctly? It seems odd that I don't need to contact Societe Generale to create an account first.

EDIT: This is indeed the case.
Societe Generale setup the account first, then I put through the transfer request to my broker. Don't see how your broker can transfer shares without an account already in place.

Also, Societe Generale requires identity verification, which I had to email/fax before they would setup acct.

If you can get SG to do it directly via your current broker - go for it. Seems a simpler process.

Good luck!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by WJ.Lim
From what I read on the 'how to become a shareholder page' it seems that Société Générale can help us buy accor shares (at least 9 EURO/ order) and register it?
I believe you are correct. I already had the shares and wasn't sure if there were additional fees for currency exchange, so I didn't bother at the time.

If I decide to purchase additional shares, I may go that route if it is more economical.

Just as an fyi to all, I am still waiting for my account access info from SG. It's not a big deal, since I'm not buying or selling at the moment. Fast with account setup, slow with access information.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:14 pm

I registered my information on the Accor Club des Actionnaires website and a week later purchased 50 shares. Today I replied to their email with a PDF copy of my statement showing my holdings of Accor stock. I logged into my Le Club account a few hours later and it then showed "Your Status PLATINUM" and under the Manage My Account tab it now shows "Member Le Club des Actionnaires". I swear it did not see that earlier today! Is it even possible that the turnaround time is that fast?

I booked the Garden View room at the Sofitel Moorea for four nights, including New Year's Eve. However, I don't see any availability for an upgraded room on the night of December 31 (there are overwater bungalows available for the other nights). What's the chance of an upgrade, even as Platinum?

Last edited by AEmgee; Dec 11, 2014 at 12:51 am
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by AEmgee
I booked the Garden View room at the Sofitel Moorea for four nights, including New Year's Eve. However, I don't see any availability for an upgraded room on the night of December 31 (there are overwater bungalows available for the other nights). What's the chance of an upgrade, even as Platinum?
Well if there isn't a higher category available for the duration of your stay the chances are nil.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:34 am

I registered my information on the Accor Club des Actionnaires website and a week later purchased 50 shares. Today I replied to their email with a PDF copy of my statement showing my holdings of Accor stock. I logged into my Le Club account a few hours later and it then showed "Your Status PLATINUM" and under the Manage My Account tab it now shows "Member Le Club des Actionnaires". I swear it did not see that earlier today! Is it even possible that the turnaround time is that fast?

don't expect any upgrade during busy periods like Christmas or Dec 31

it would be the same anywhere with any other hotel chain, no matter what status you have
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Finally got my card! Only took 4 weeks...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by cwis
Yes it is written on the physical card. Not in the IT system…
I had a problem with this at the Sofitel Moorea, as I have not yet received a physical card. The IT system did not recognize my status and as a result the person checking me in insisted that I was not Platinum. In the end, I had to log into my account online to show her and then suddenly the General Manager appeared, apologized for not knowing a Platinum member was arriving, and I was offered an upgrade to an overwater bungalow for the first night, and then to move to a beachfront bungalow for the remaining three nights (no overwater bungalows were available over sold out New Year's Eve). I had booked the only available room type (which happened to be the cheapest garden view).

So this worked out quite well for me, thanks to the advice on this thread! ^

Last edited by AEmgee; Jan 12, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: Qantas, KrisFlyer, Velocity
I submitted my paperwork two days ago and have heard nothing. I've got a stay coming up in a week.

Does anyone know if there is somebody who can be contacted in order to try and speed up the platinum status?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kronicd
I submitted my paperwork two days ago and have heard nothing. I've got a stay coming up in a week.

Does anyone know if there is somebody who can be contacted in order to try and speed up the platinum status?

You could send an email to [email protected]
You also could try & call 0805 650 750 but I am not sure this number can be used outside of France.
2 days is not much though !
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: Qantas, KrisFlyer, Velocity
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
You could send an email to [email protected]
You also could try & call 0805 650 750 but I am not sure this number can be used outside of France.
2 days is not much though !
Thank you for this. The number cannot be called outside of France. I have sent an email and am awaiting a reply.

Edit: the platinum status was added to my account four days after sending the documents but none of my communication received a response. The program seems to work but customer service is very poor.

Last edited by kronicd; Jan 17, 2015 at 11:55 pm Reason: editing to avoid double Post/self reply
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
My plat status shows an expiry of 1 year from the date I signed up ... ie: 2016. Any new/current platts experiencing this ?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
My plat status shows an expiry of 1 year from the date I signed up ... ie: 2016. Any new/current platts experiencing this ?
Where does it show an expiry for status? I only see an expiry for the points earned.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Where does it show an expiry for status? I only see an expiry for the points earned.
Same for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.