Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
From other thread... thankyou for any helpful ideas..

Well i am actually keen with this idea.

I have access to opening a Hong Kong bank account on Monday morning I see they provide stock/share market services. But not sure about international markets. Assuming this is all good i will purchase 51 shares. And upon reciept from the bank of the purchase i can contact the member group? I should get the reciept by email the same day of the purchase.

I have 2 stays coming up (6nights total) in New Zealand from the 29th of October to the 5th using their 2/3 nights paid. So if i can get this all done by the time i check in on the Monday that would be great.

The only thing i care about the company is if its making a decent profit and continuely. I like the fact if they pay a dividend sometimes so i can claim its an investment still. And i think i noticed that they bought some properties in the UK recently so they seem to be reinvesting their profits (hopefully not borrowing lots of money to do it).
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I had a strange experience today when checking in at the Novotel in Santiago Vitacura Chile. 2 weeks ago 2 became a CdA member (used to be gold). Reservation was made in a week ago so when I was CdA member.
At the desk they did not see my Platinum advantages, the assistant and the Manager had never seen an LeClub number beginning with 3081062 (my gold was 3081033) he said a plat number should begin with 3081034. I did not mention anything about CdA, I kept it simple by showing the digital card on the app that only shows platinum. In his computer it mentioned "Accor Preferred guest - AA" after my LeClub number.

After showing the manager my old gold card and my new Platinum digital card, I got the advantages (free drink at the bar and a soda in my room as VIP treatment).

Has anyone had this before? and what does your LeClub CdA number begin with?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Brendan88
I had a strange experience today when checking in at the Novotel in Santiago Vitacura Chile. 2 weeks ago 2 became a CdA member (used to be gold). Reservation was made in a week ago so when I was CdA member.
At the desk they did not see my Platinum advantages, the assistant and the Manager had never seen an LeClub number beginning with 3081062 (my gold was 3081033) he said a plat number should begin with 3081034. I did not mention anything about CdA, I kept it simple by showing the digital card on the app that only shows platinum. In his computer it mentioned "Accor Preferred guest - AA" after my LeClub number.

After showing the manager my old gold card and my new Platinum digital card, I got the advantages (free drink at the bar and a soda in my room as VIP treatment).

Has anyone had this before? and what does your LeClub CdA number begin with?
Oh indeed, i thought this was just about the last digit, turns out it's not.. my old number started with 3081032 (silver), now it's 3081062 (CdA).
It has been pointed out before that some people had trouble getting recognition with CdA because it shows a bit differently in their system, and not everyone seems to know about it. I'd just insist on the status and hope it sorts itself out once the issue is handled by someone who knows about CdA.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zehbra
Thanks, good to know! I'm a little more impatient, so i wrote them an email again on tuesday, informing them kindly that I plan to stay in accor properties next week and that it would be rather great if they could hurry up... It worked it seems status changed 8 hours after I sent the email (so 3 working days in total).

Also, quick question for people who've reached Platinum the "normal" way: what's the last digit of your membership numbers? I noticed with status changes, the last digit changes; My membership number is a 2 now, is that normal plat or a special indicator of CdA?
Sorry, when you say status changed, how did you know? Did you sign up for a classic membership and email the finance department your membership number? I signed up via the online form and emailed them my proof of shareholding and have not received any form of confirmation from them.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kylie79
Sorry, when you say status changed, how did you know? Did you sign up for a classic membership and email the finance department your membership number? I signed up via the online form and emailed them my proof of shareholding and have not received any form of confirmation from them.

No confirmation from them, i just kept checking the status online on my member page...
I was already a leclub member and emailed them my number together with the proof of share purchase.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:24 pm

No confirmation from them, i just kept checking the status online on my member page...
I was already a leclub member and emailed them my number together with the proof of share purchase.
thanks. i just emailed them again. hopefully that works!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 am

I just received my new card!! Plat member now.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by EB86
I just received my new card!! Plat member now.
how long did it take you if u dont mind me asking? did u submit your old membership number and did u get any email confirmation from Accor on your status before they mailed u your card?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

how long did it take you if u dont mind me asking? did u submit your old membership number and did u get any email confirmation from Accor on your status before they mailed u your card?
Even though I wasn't asked, just a datapoint: A friend of mine applied as well, didn't get any email confirmation but his status changed within 3 working days and his card arrived within 2 weeks!
I haven't a clue if my own card arrived yet since I'm on a longer trip and won't get to see my mail until I get back, but it's been no problem at all so far without the card! Just have your old membership card ready and maybe a printout of the new one (can be done online), or at least the new number.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:32 pm

Even though I wasn't asked, just a datapoint: A friend of mine applied as well, didn't get any email confirmation but his status changed within 3 working days and his card arrived within 2 weeks!
I haven't a clue if my own card arrived yet since I'm on a longer trip and won't get to see my mail until I get back, but it's been no problem at all so far without the card! Just have your old membership card ready and maybe a printout of the new one (can be done online), or at least the new number.
thanks so much for the reply. how did you know the new number? i dont have any correspondence from Accor at all. My old plat membership is still showing an Oct'14 expiry. Did they send you an email with regards to your new number?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:39 pm

On september 11th my accor page just showed plat member and i received the card yesterday. I never got a conformation. It just shows when you log in.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

thanks so much for the reply. how did you know the new number? i dont have any correspondence from Accor at all. My old plat membership is still showing an Oct'14 expiry. Did they send you an email with regards to your new number?
No correspondence at all, it just changed.
Mine changed from silver to plat, so I noticed that of course

You should at some point see that the expiry date for the status is gone (but not for the points, they still expire after 1 year of inactivity) and somewhere on the page it should say something like "Member Le Club des Actionnaires".
When did you apply for CdA?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:45 am

Last week.....been logging on daily and it hasnt changed at all. Just sent in a screen shot of my brokerage account.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:46 am

oh i just logged in and it shows no expiry!!! thanks so much guys!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Here's a new one: I checked into a Sofitel and got a computer-written welcome note, where it stated "[...] due to your LeClub Accorhotels Silver status[...]". I moved from silver to CdA.

At check-in they correctly identified me as a platinum member (and got an upgrade to a sort-of suite ^)

To those in the known: Was this a human error or is it (as i suspect) their computer system which gives them some wrong status information with CdA people? Just curious..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.