Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I applied a couple days ago after buying the stock a day before that. Should I expect them to contact me, or receive a confirmation email, before the status change?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:32 am

Yes, the link is the correct one!
After submitting you'll receive automatic (i guess) e-mail stating that application has been received and one should provide proof of shares within month. In reply to this I send the proof as well as pdf with my existing card to show clearly which is my existing account.

No reply from them, just changes in account few days later and new card by mail received just few days ago - 2 weeks after application.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
same like GGunis. i submitted my application last tuesday followed by proof of shares the very minute i received the automated email. My accor plat was updated to Club Des Actionnaires or smth when i login to the Accor website on friday.

Have yet to receive my new card though.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:25 pm

Buying Less Than 50 Shares

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. I am grateful to have found this thread, and happy to now be a platinum status member of Le Club Accor.

For those in the USA who wish to purchase less than 50 shares it is possible, if you are willing to take a few extra steps. Here's what I did:

1) Purchased shares on CAC40 via E*Trade (not recommended, they don't have their act together), then waited for settlement.
2) Contacted Societe Generale to request an account in my name and my Accor shares transferred into new account. Faxed proof of identity and address.
3) Verified that account was opened and shares transferred.
4) Completed online form for Club de Actionnaires.

The complete process took about 3 weeks with E*Trade and Accor being a bit slow.

Hope this info helps those who don't want to purchase a full 50 shares.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:39 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Accor forum, SteadyTeddy, and thanks for your report.

If I don't ask then someone else will: what fees were you charged by (a) E*Trade and (b) Société Générale?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Accor forum, SteadyTeddy, and thanks for your report.

If I don't ask then someone else will: what fees were you charged by (a) E*Trade and (b) Société Générale?
Yes, I should have included that info.

E*Trade only charged the standard international trade fee of $19.99 As per the Accor How to Become a Shareholder page:

Société Générale will automatically open an account for you at no cost.

The process is similar to using the Direct Registration System except it's not automated and requires en extra step or two.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Out of interest SteadyTeddy, how many shares did you purchase?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by tororm
Out of interest SteadyTeddy, how many shares did you purchase?
I purchased 9 shares. No particular reason why- just randomly picked that number.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Accor Platinium,IHG GOLD, HILTON GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD
Originally Posted by SteadyTeddy
I purchased 9 shares. No particular reason why- just randomly picked that number.
^ thanks Steady Teddy for your kind sharing..
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:36 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I submitted my application with proof of ownership more than a week ago and my status still hasn't changed.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by WJ.Lim
^ thanks Steady Teddy for your kind sharing..
My pleasure!

Hope others can follow the same model.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I submitted my application with proof of ownership more than a week ago and my status still hasn't changed.
It was a little over a week before I saw the status change.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Originally Posted by SteadyTeddy
Hello Everyone!

2) Contacted Societe Generale to request an account in my name and my Accor shares transferred into new account. Faxed proof of identity and address.
Thanks for listing the process.

I should have my share purchase complete tomorrow! Unfortunately my trader (Commsec) charged me AUD$130 for the privilege.

Quick question - How did you contact Societe Generale? On the Accor page they list a phone number and address- did you call them? I unfortunately do not speak french.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by tororm
Thanks for listing the process.

I should have my share purchase complete tomorrow! Unfortunately my trader (Commsec) charged me AUD$130 for the privilege.

Quick question - How did you contact Societe Generale? On the Accor page they list a phone number and address- did you call them? I unfortunately do not speak french.
Ouch - that's a hefty fee.

I did call, and I don't speak French. There is an option for English.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:34 am

I ' m a Accor platinum/accionairs Member since about 3 years now, and never had a registered stay in my account, last week my membership was downgraded to Silver? and 20 000 Points was deposited into my account with no information why or some e-mail about that. needless to say that my Platinum/Accionairs card has no expiration date on it.?
but thanks for the points, and I can apply for Platinum again with my Amex Platinum card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.