Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Is it possible to book short interisland flights on New Zealand Air using Virgin miles? In March we will need WCG-ZQN then ZQN-AKL, these fares are not cheap around $180 and $120pp. Would I call Virgin or Air New Zealand to inquire?
Old May 12, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sort of OT...

Sort of OT but while this thread is hot...

Can you change dates once travel has commenced?

I sort of remember yes about 2 years ago.. but don't know if things have changed then...

Thank you..
Old May 18, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Has anyone successfully booked a partner award with All Nippon in the last few days? I need to make a flight change for my ORD-NRT booking and I'm having major trouble getting them to make the modification. The ANA website and ExpertFlyer both show the award space as available.

I also noticed these flights aren't showing up for booking on United.com at any award level.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
Has anyone successfully booked a partner award with All Nippon in the last few days? I need to make a flight change for my ORD-NRT booking and I'm having major trouble getting them to make the modification. The ANA website and ExpertFlyer both show the award space as available.

I also noticed these flights aren't showing up for booking on United.com at any award level.
I believe you are out of luck: That space must be for ANA own members only.
(EF seems to be using ANA as source.)
Double check this space with AC.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is it not possible to book VA flights from NZ to Aus? I tried to book AKL-BNE-LAX and the agent said the AKL-BNE segment showed no flights operated by VA. Apparently all those VA flights are operated by some other airline and VA codeshares on them.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:30 am

I am searching for MIA - SYD on VA and lowest I am seeing in business is in the 235000 range per person one way. Am I doing something wrong? I am sitting on 300k VX miles that I had hoped to convert to two one way tickets to Oz. Suggestions are welcomed.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I found F space for LAX-HND and NRT-LAX on ANA, using both UA and AC so I'm fairly certain the space exists.

However, the VS agents can't seem to get them confirmed. Unlike *A members, they can't see the space immediately, but have to submit a "request" to see if ANA confirms it.

Tried twice with different agents but ANA just didn't confirm the space. Are they blocking VS members from booking?
Old May 31, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I found F space for LAX-HND and NRT-LAX on ANA, using both UA and AC so I'm fairly certain the space exists.

However, the VS agents can't seem to get them confirmed. Unlike *A members, they can't see the space immediately, but have to submit a "request" to see if ANA confirms it.

Tried twice with different agents but ANA just didn't confirm the space. Are they blocking VS members from booking?
I've been trying to get ANA booked almost every day for the last two weeks to no avail. Same here - UA and AC see it but not VS.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
.............. Are they blocking VS members from booking?
I have been convinced for a long time that in the pecking order of partners (including SQ and ANA), VS are WAY down the list.

I am sure there will be some fancy jargon explaining why some partners can see availability and VS can't - but 'blocking' would be my term for it too.

Nick
Old May 31, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is it not possible to book VA flights from NZ to Aus? I tried to book AKL-BNE-LAX and the agent said the AKL-BNE segment showed no flights operated by VA. Apparently all those VA flights are operated by some other airline and VA codeshares on them.
Anyone?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What's VS availability like for WAS-SFO? Can I check that on VS website or do I have to go to the VX website?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jun 1, 2016 at 3:08 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:29 pm

Which VS office did you contact?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lagvoid
Which VS office did you contact?
I just called the USA number since it's free for me. Not sure which office I got connected to, but I always got a British-sounding agent.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:36 am

I just called the USA number since it's free for me. Not sure which office I got connected to, but I always got a British-sounding agent.
I read earlier in this thread that your best bet might be the Hong Kong office now that the Japan office has been closed. Please keep us posted if you try and Good luck!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:53 pm

VX award availability request

So i've been on/off the phone with Virgin Atlantic for the past few days trying to get an exact booking for my family. They've only been able to release 2 of the 4 that I need every time. Tried doing all 4, 2 and 2, and each one separately to no avail.

I messaged Virgin America to see if they could help me out and release some awards seats. This is the response I got and i found it VERY helpful.

The only way to book a fight through Virgin Atlantic would be to go to the web site, click on "Contact Us/FAQs and from there click on the email icon. On the Email Us page, click on the button next to ELEVATE and from there fill out all the necessary information. By the question that asks "Elevate Help Request" you will then click on the button that says "Redeem Points With Our Partner Airlines". From there you can request to book rewards flights throught Virgin Atlantic.
Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.