Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: NZ
DP: Flew both legs on 7/24. The outbound miles posted night of 7/28, the return miles posted early morning 7/29, including the 75k match.

Appears that these days miles post 4.5 days from boarding each leg, with match bonus coming with 2nd leg's posting.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Flew lgb-sfo and sfo-lgb on 2 separate PNRs and got my points match.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Took two weeks for my second flight points to post. No 75k bonus as of now, a few days after the flight posted.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Just booked a RT from ORD-BOS-ORD with 3 hours of layover. Will probably go to Legal and enjoy a nice lobster roll and some beer.

I had just enough Citi TYP from my preferred card left to book the trip. Included my TrueBlue #. Hoping this works.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Mileage run fail
EWR - BOS - EWR depart 1pm arrive back 5:15 (or thereabouts)
BOS to EWR was cancelled due to weather when I touched down in BOS the 7pm departing flight was full. They offered JFK, PHL or next day.
JFK is always a pain so I took the PHL flight ( which was delayed for hours too) and I arrived in Philly 7:20 or so but better than the JFK one which changed from 4 something to 9 something.
My car is at the airport in EWR .... Train would take hours... My dogs are waiting and I don't like to clean up (accidents happen) ... Rental car (Thrifty/Dollar) only $60 but then I remember my glasses are in my car and I only have sunglasses .... Lyft to the rescue (app $100) ... Now I have to get home (45 min out) feed the dogs and tomorrow I will pick up my car.
my first mileage run and an epic fail
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by blitzen
Mileage run fail
BOS to EWR was cancelled due to weather when I touched down in BOS the 7pm departing flight was full. They offered JFK, PHL or next day.
JFK is always a pain so I took the PHL flight ( which was delayed for hours too) and I arrived in Philly 7:20 or so but better than the JFK one which changed from 4 something to 9 something.
My car is at the airport in EWR .... Train would take hours... My dogs are waiting and I don't like to clean up (accidents happen) ... Rental car (Thrifty/Dollar) only $60 but then I remember my glasses are in my car and I only have sunglasses .... Lyft to the rescue (app $100) ... Now I have to get home (45 min out) feed the dogs and tomorrow I will pick up my car.
Legitimate question. How is PHL better than JFK if EWR is your home airport?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by hiima
Legitimate question. How is PHL better than JFK if EWR is your home airport?
Because of the weather moving W to E ;(two flights were available one was later cancelled and one delayed until 9pm) / the original timing was working better for me / while PHL is further away the way PHL to my house normally is quicker than JFK to my house ... Checked Google and the difference was PHL 15min longer today (but uber fare estimator is less from PHL as they use a higher fare code for JFK) > due to the delay I gave up on picking my car up today and postponed that for tomorrow morning
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:59 pm

DATA POINT:

Purchased RT flights JFK-BOS-JFK using Chase UR points (8,800 total). Flew RT on 7/27. Received 75,000 points (plus 147 points each way) this afternoon. BOOM. 4 days later.

Combined with the points I already had, and the 60k my wife and I will get when we hit the min spends on our new JetBlue Plus cards, we're looking at some NICE vacations coming up!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:02 pm

Did a quick roundtrip and 75k+ points posted 4 days later. Loyalty program deal of the year so far ^^
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Has anyone booked with Citi TYP and received the match yet? Any data points?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by blitzen
Mileage run fail
You and I were on the same flight!

Two of us tried the help desk and the guy there was swamped, so I called to get placed on the next JFK flight. The lady on the phone put me on hold as she first booked me on the flight out for Sunday (this was Saturday ) We also had a dog alone at home and needed to get home. By the time she got around to booking me on the next JFK flight, there were fire alarms going off in her building and she apologized and told me to hang up and call again and it would be routed to a different call center. I did and by the time the new agent got around to re-booking us, the next flight was sold out and there was only a later flight available at 7:50pm. So we grudgingly went to eat at legal foods and while there I got a text that our flight later to JFK was cancelled... it was now 3pm at this point. The only option was to fly the next day. Of course, no compensation to speak of since it was weather delay. Never mind the fact that I had to ask a friend to drive an hour to pick up our dog.

We know that weather happens, but all in all not a good first impression and I hope the free points turn out to be worth the hassle. Factoring in the hotel and food costs for the unplanned overnight trip, we are down to about 45,000 points.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
You and I were on the same flight!

Two of us tried the help desk and the guy there was swamped, so I called to get placed on the next JFK flight. The lady on the phone put me on hold as she first booked me on the flight out for Sunday (this was Saturday ) We also had a dog alone at home and needed to get home. By the time she got around to booking me on the next JFK flight, there were fire alarms going off in her building and she apologized and told me to hang up and call again and it would be routed to a different call center. I did and by the time the new agent got around to re-booking us, the next flight was sold out and there was only a later flight available at 7:50pm. So we grudgingly went to eat at legal foods and while there I got a text that our flight later to JFK was cancelled... it was now 3pm at this point. The only option was to fly the next day. Of course, no compensation to speak of since it was weather delay. Never mind the fact that I had to ask a friend to drive an hour to pick up our dog.

We know that weather happens, but all in all not a good first impression and I hope the free points turn out to be worth the hassle. Factoring in the hotel and food costs for the unplanned overnight trip, we are down to about 45,000 points.
In hindsight I should have just asked more people if they want to split a rental car and drive back to EWR ..... Sorry to hear that the JFK didn't work out for you. Weird that they delayed the 4 pm to 9 pm but cancelled the 7 pm ......
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:56 pm

Can I book a flight and not go on it and still qualify?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
Can I book a flight and not go on it and still qualify?
no... i wish.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Any one-way datapoint?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.