Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And just where, other than a few selected routes, do I have a premium cabin option on B6?
Where on WN do you have a premium cabin option?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
Where on WN do you have a premium cabin option?
I don't, but B6 is trying to poach VX flyers from AS with the promo.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:55 pm
Suspended

I don't, but B6 is trying to poach VX flyers from AS with the promo.
Mint > VX First
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern
There are definitely plenty of problems with B6 (IFE screen is worse than a three year old phone, for example, and the route map is very limited for me).

But I just found that seat to be surprisingly comfortable. I don't use IFE generally (bring my own).

On the other issues, my point is, if I have a choice of what airline to fly, I'd put B6 above AA, DL (unless I need the MQM), and most definitely UA and WN at this point.
You obviously have not flown on the A321. The A320 cabin refurbishment starts in a few months with new seats, 100 TV channels, improved map, and of course fast free internet so the A320s will be greatly improved by the time VX goes away. B6 is limited at SFO by the lack of gates but in the coming years more gates will be available. AS may want to move into T2 as well which would free up a gate in the international terminal until the new T1 gates come on line. We will see what happens.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
And just where, other than a few selected routes, do I have a premium cabin option on B6?
By next year many more routes come on line with the Mint product which is far superior than VX and way better than AS first. B6 already has JFK and BOS and will add FLL from SFO. LAX will have the same. SEA/SAN/LAS also get Mint service for transcons. This takes you to all three of their focus cities.

Aside from transcons all of VX's flights are short. I find VX main cabin select better than F for shorter flights. They don't provide any real food anymore as they used to when they started on intra West Coast flights in F. You can't watch the screen during take off and landing giving you little time to even finish a single movie.

Transcons are where a premium product is needed most and AS brings a product that is below VX which is already well below Mint--especially if you have dietary needs. VX does not allow you to order a vegan meal for instance but you can get one in Mint. Also VX tends to be more expensive than Mint which makes it really not worth while.

Times have changed and VX has kept their product the same while B6 has really upped their game in the last couple of years.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
By next year many more routes come on line with the Mint product which is far superior than VX and way better than AS first. B6 already has JFK and BOS and will add FLL from SFO. LAX will have the same. SEA/SAN/LAS also get Mint service for transcons. This takes you to all three of their focus cities.

Aside from transcons all of VX's flights are short. I find VX main cabin select better than F for shorter flights. They don't provide any real food anymore as they used to when they started on intra West Coast flights in F. You can't watch the screen during take off and landing giving you little time to even finish a single movie.

Transcons are where a premium product is needed most and AS brings a product that is below VX which is already well below Mint--especially if you have dietary needs. VX does not allow you to order a vegan meal for instance but you can get one in Mint. Also VX tends to be more expensive than Mint which makes it really not worth while.

Times have changed and VX has kept their product the same while B6 has really upped their game in the last couple of years.
Yes agree with much of this but the Virgin Loft @ LAX is top quality. Love chillin there for 2/3 hours with unlimited craft beer. It's great!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes agree with much of this but the Virgin Loft @ LAX is top quality. Love chillin there for 2/3 hours with unlimited craft beer. It's great!
Unfortunately, you now have to pay for pretty much everything else.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately, you now have to pay for pretty much everything else.
Yes but not the beer, nuts, or trail mix. Agree, almost everything else comes with a price.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Yes but not the beer, nuts, or trail mix. Agree, almost everything else comes with a price.
You have to pay for liquor too?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hiima
I only drink beer. I think I remember others ordering mixed drinks and they were free.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by hiima
IIRC from my last visit in May, only a few beers and wines were complementary. Any hard liquor / mixed drinks involved a charge.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
IIRC from my last visit in May, only a few beers and wines were complementary. Any hard liquor / mixed drinks involved a charge.

-FlyerBeek
All the beers are free. I was there in April.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
One down, one to go. Presently flying MCO-RIC. Got an A320 instead of an E190 (last-minute swap), so the load factor is almost embarrassingly low.

Notwithstanding the free wifi, unless/until the Mint expansion "takes" I don't think I'll be flying B6 unless I have a reason to expect a low load factor once I finish this promo. B6 is really what you'd get if you took everything I love about VX away from VX. I'll do Mint sooner or later and make my call accordingly, but as a mid-haul airline B6 strikes me as a sort of "worst of both worlds".
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:59 am

I have a non-refundable JB flight next week LGB-LAS late morning to early afternoon (I won't evel leave LAS airport) but something from work came up that I can't miss. The flight I have booked is pretty early and there are several flights later in the day. Will JB allow me to reschedule to a later time/date?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I have a non-refundable JB flight next week LGB-LAS late morning to early afternoon (I won't evel leave LAS airport) but something from work came up that I can't miss. The flight I have booked is pretty early and there are several flights later in the day. Will JB allow me to reschedule to a later time/date?
Yes, for a change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.