Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, for a change fee.
Just got off the phone after a 30+ min coversation with JB.

Another issue is that I booked my flight with Expedia because it offers free 24 hr cancellation. Unfortunately, because of this, the reservation doesn't show up when I log onto jetblue.com online (even though I can pull it up on my phone app ). The agent emailed me an updated itinerary and gave me the ticket number. I had JB change the reservation to 8/30. My concern is that because the flight isn't linked to my TrueBlue account, I won't automatically get points for the flight, and more importantly, JB won't automatically give me the 75K match. The agent said I have to call JB after my flight and have them credit my account. She said that SHOULD trigger the 75K match. However, my flight is on 8/30, which is dangerously close to 8/31 deadline.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA

Another issue is that I booked my flight with Expedia because it offers free 24 hr cancellation. Unfortunately, because of this, the reservation doesn't show up when I log onto jetblue.com online (even though I can pull it up on my phone app ). The agent emailed me an updated itinerary and gave me the ticket number. I had JB change the reservation to 8/30. My concern is that because the flight isn't linked to my TrueBlue account, I won't automatically get points for the flight, and more importantly, JB won't automatically give me the 75K match. The agent said I have to call JB after my flight and have them credit my account. She said that SHOULD trigger the 75K match. However, my flight is on 8/30, which is dangerously close to 8/31 deadline.
You'll be fine. They're pretty good at giving proper credit. Does your ticket have you B6 number?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver

Also, FYI--all tickets purchased in the US at least 7 days in advance of the flight get free 24 hour cancellation. It is a federal regulation--not unique to Expedia.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:42 am

You'll be fine. They're pretty good at giving proper credit. Does your ticket have you B6 number?
What's a B6 number? It has the same confirmation number as the original booking. Oddly enough, when I check the phone app, it still shows the original date 8/17.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
What's a B6 number? It has the same confirmation number as the original booking. Oddly enough, when I check the phone app, it still shows the original date 8/17.
B6 is jetblue, your account number. Also jetblue is awful at updating. So wait until later to check if your flight shows up in your account.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:08 pm

B6 is jetblue, your account number. Also jetblue is awful at updating. So wait until later to check if your flight shows up in your account.
I'll check my account later. But the agent said the res isn't linked to my TB account and she can't link it. The email I received doesn't have my TB attached to it.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
After signing up for the JetBlue points match, I still had a few previously-booked VX flights to finish off before I could do the necessary round trip B6 flights. I flew from SFO to LAS on July 27, and I received my TrueBlue points for that flight on July 29. On August 1, I flew LAS-LBG-OAK. I waited for over a week to receive my TrueBlue points for that flight, but nothing came.

On August 12, I contacted B6 and inquired about why I had not received my TrueBlue points for that August 1 flight. In the same message, I also asked them to confirm that I have completed my points match offer. Today (August 14), I received a reply from B6 stating that I should receive my missing TrueBlue points within 72 hours and that I should receive my points match TrueBlue points in 4-6 weeks.

These flights were my first experience flying with B6. Is it common for that airline to not automatically credit points for flights, requiring me to contact them to get my missing TrueBlue points? Granted, two flights is a very small sample size. But a 50% failure rate seems incredibly bad. I don't recall ever having to contact VX to get missing Elevate points, and that has been A LOT of flights with VX over the years.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Finagler
After signing up for the JetBlue points match, I still had a few previously-booked VX flights to finish off before I could do the necessary round trip B6 flights. I flew from SFO to LAS on July 27, and I received my TrueBlue points for that flight on July 29. On August 1, I flew LAS-LBG-OAK. I waited for over a week to receive my TrueBlue points for that flight, but nothing came.

On August 12, I contacted B6 and inquired about why I had not received my TrueBlue points for that August 1 flight. In the same message, I also asked them to confirm that I have completed my points match offer. Today (August 14), I received a reply from B6 stating that I should receive my missing TrueBlue points within 72 hours and that I should receive my points match TrueBlue points in 4-6 weeks.

These flights were my first experience flying with B6. Is it common for that airline to not automatically credit points for flights, requiring me to contact them to get my missing TrueBlue points? Granted, two flights is a very small sample size. But a 50% failure rate seems incredibly bad. I don't recall ever having to contact VX to get missing Elevate points, and that has been A LOT of flights with VX over the years.
They're not missing, they're just slow. You only waited a week until contacting them. They can take a couple weeks to post. VX is no different, they can take weeks to post.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Virgin is savvy:

Nice match, my friend. Someone was using their noggin. As a little thank you for transferring your points to Elevate, we're offering 25% off fares fares when you book by August 29 and fly through October 15, 2016. Use this one time promo code just for you and take off with movies, food, and happy hour on-demand.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by josephstern
Virgin is savvy:
Got the same email. Won't be able to make use of the offer ..... maybe the Promo Code is transferable to someone else ...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:52 am

I'll check my account later. But the agent said the res isn't linked to my TB account and she can't link it. The email I received doesn't have my TB attached to it.
I contacted another JB agent and she was able to attach the flight to my account. Not sure why the first agent couldn't do it.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
Got the same email. Won't be able to make use of the offer ..... maybe the Promo Code is transferable to someone else ...
It is definitely transferable, provided you follow the promo code T&Cs, including any advance purchase requirements and avoid and blackout dates
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
VX email to JB points match customers

Originally Posted by josephstern
Virgin is savvy:
And the subject of the email was "Nice move, Blue". It is pretty clever that they managed to mock their competitor's promotion, acknowledge that they recognize how people in the "hobby" played this, and offer something of value as a reward.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by needtoescape
And the subject of the email was "Nice move, Blue". It is pretty clever that they managed to mock their competitor's promotion, acknowledge that they recognize how people in the "hobby" played this, and offer something of value as a reward.

Yeah really clever wording.

Nice match, my friend. Someone was using their noggin. As a little thank you for transferring your points to Elevate...

Did they only send this to those who transferred SPG points or whatever to get VX miles?!

... or anyone who JetBlue confirmed the point balance with?

Either or I suppose they're glad they tanked a lot of their competitors points. I had almost enough VX miles to qualify. Never know what to use them for.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grt2106
Yeah really clever wording.

Nice match, my friend. Someone was using their noggin. As a little thank you for transferring your points to Elevate...

Did they only send this to those who transferred SPG points or whatever to get VX miles?!

... or anyone who JetBlue confirmed the point balance with?

Either or I suppose they're glad they tanked a lot of their competitors points. I had almost enough VX miles to qualify. Never know what to use them for.
How would they know who did that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.